I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. connor

connor Senior member

Gap VS Unbranded Brand or something else?

APCs on market?

So I just bought a pair of 31 Shearer Black Imperials.

I was wondering, when I put them on, are they suppose to be stiff and not able to button up all the way up?

Also, will the waist stretch at least for me to breathe in them?

yes, the denim is gonna be very stiff. keep trying for those buttons, youll get them. and they'll stretch out some

how long do apcs take to fade if i wear them on pretty much a daily basis?

not long at all

2. Ibrock

Ibrock Senior member

I'm only 2 months in with my current jeans and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm looking for new ones...

Me: 6'2 and 180lbs with a 32 waist

The jeans I wear now:

-N&F weird guys in deep indigo sz. 32 (2 months in)
    -APC NS sz. 32 (bought already broken in on B&S)
    -Levi's rigid 520's sz. 31

What I'm looking for:

-slim cut top to bottom with a slight taper from the knee down
    -indigo and fast to fade/high contrast fades
    -a mid rise
    -fairly heavyweight denim

I know a new pair of A.P.C's sized down properly (unlike the ones I have now) might fit the bill but I'm also interested in some of the more exotic options out there.

3. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I looked at most the online stores i have booked marked but do KMW make black denim in a fit like APC NS?

4. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

I'm only 2 months in with my current jeans and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm looking for new ones...

Me: 6'2 and 180lbs with a 32 waist

The jeans I wear now:

-N&F weird guys in deep indigo sz. 32 (2 months in)
    -APC NS sz. 32 (bought already broken in on B&S)
    -Levi's rigid 520's sz. 31

What I'm looking for:

-a mid rise

I know a new pair of A.P.C's sized down properly (unlike the ones I have now) might fit the bill but I'm also interested in some of the more exotic options out there.

The Flat Head has a couple of models that might work for you. Slim cut, and known for fast fading.

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

What I'm looking for:

-a mid rise

Duuude! Nothin' wrong about wanting another pair! It's a victimless addiction.

Flat head is an excellent call - their BSP cut is awesome in every way. There's Skull 0507 and 5010, Warehouse Dubbleworks 660, KMW 1980, Momotaro 0701, the new Pure Blue JapanxBiG 013 collab, there's dozens if not hundreds.

Your price range and preference for smooth or slubby denim would be helpful.

We

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

[​IMG]
    And that's sized up 2 (flash takes away from the contrast a little bit) they're not terribly high-contrast fading jeans but I'd take these over APCs any day

Hawt.

7. Monimus

Monimus Senior member

8. bma

bma Senior member

not long at all

do they pretty much fade the quickest out of all the denim out there? how about naked and famous compared to them? nudies?

9. Ibrock

Ibrock Senior member

Duuude! Nothin' wrong about wanting another pair! It's a victimless addiction.

Flat head is an excellent call - their BSP cut is awesome in every way. There's Skull 0507 and 5010, Warehouse Dubbleworks 660, KMW 1980, Momotaro 0701, the new Pure Blue JapanxBiG 013 collab, there's dozens if not hundreds.

Your price range and preference for smooth or slubby denim would be helpful.

We

I prefer smooth over slubby. Price wise I'm pretty open, I'm a student but I have some money and I don't spend much on a regular basis, I'd probably say $350 at the highest.

10. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I'd do gap. From experience UO quality is piss poor, no liability, and unbranded is exclusive to them. But some speculate unbranded is an offshoot of n&f..

I was pretty sold on Gap too until I found out that thing with unbranded and N&F. Is there an Unbranded brand that fits like the Weird Guy?

11. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

APC PS or NS? Stats: - Big thighs/hips/buttocks -> need roomy thigh space - Short (5'8) / 155lbs - Prefer taper from knee down - Little to no stacking

12. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I prefer smooth over slubby. Price wise I'm pretty open, I'm a student but I have some money and I don't spend much on a regular basis, I'd probably say $350 at the highest.
    Hmm, I'd check out the ones already suggested, and also check out the Non-APC sub-$200 selvage jeans thread here. Also email BiG and SelfEdge with your parameters and ask for guidance, since I feel that almost everything they sell is incredible denim. They can guide you to lots of options. If you can spend that much, you can get virtually anything you want from them. But finding the right fits and denim you like takes a lot of trial-and-error.
    APC PS or NS? Stats: - Big thighs/hips/buttocks -> need roomy thigh space - Short (5'8) / 155lbs - Prefer taper from knee down - Little to no stacking
    First off, you're not short, or even close to short. 5-9 is the national average, and I'm 5-8 so if you say short, you're asking for a world of hurt [​IMG] I've done both cuts, and I feel the PS, though slimmer, have a more extreme taper than NS and doesn't work well for someone with more pronounced legs and pelvis area. Will make you look carrot-shaped. If you wear around a 29-33 waist, I'd say a 7.5"-8" leg opening, measured across is an ideal target. My suggestion is to look for jeans with a lower rise, and a "slim straight" or "slim taper" cut. Don't limit yourself to APC: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=157881

13. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

First off, you're not short, or even close to short. 5-9 is the national average, and I'm 5-8 so if you say short, you're asking for a world of hurt [​IMG]

Average or not, we're still pretty short dude [​IMG]

14. DaveB

DaveB Senior member

Been breaking in a pair of indigo diors for a few months and wanted to pick up a pair of raw black denim. What I am looking for-
    -Something that costs less than 100 on b/s forums or online
    -Selvedge
    -Has a similar fit to the dior 21cm maybe a little bit skinnier, more fitted than skinny jean

Any suggestions?

15. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member