I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Did you try soaking one-wash denim? My raws were perfectly fine after a soak and the fading is to my liking

2. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I need the best pair of denimz I can get for under $100. I'm growing out of my Uniqlos and I have a pair of 501 but I want something with a slimmer fit.

I was kind of thinking Gap but I want to see if there are better options out there.

3. theom-

theom- Senior member

Did you try soaking one-wash denim? My raws were perfectly fine after a soak and the fading is to my liking

Nah it was raw, but maybe they aren't tight enough. The combs are pretty good and I don't have a bid diaper ass problem but they have stretched quite a bit in the lap. I've only been wearing for about 3months too.

4. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Essentially not until the cat's pissed on them. If you decide to dry-clean them, make certain that THEY ARE NOT PRESSED! This just happened to me. Time to find another pair.
    Are you serious?
    Nah it was raw, but maybe they aren't tight enough. The combs are pretty good and I don't have a bid diaper ass problem but they have stretched quite a bit in the lap. I've only been wearing for about 3months too.
    Tiger, recommending to noobs not to soak because of what sounds like a sizing discrepancy may not be good policy. Or at least make that clear to them if you do. The denim and fit on my 1980s didn't take creasing when I wore my first pairs dry. Personally I found it's not soaking that's an issue. That's part of the reason KMW are hard faders.

5. theom-

theom- Senior member

i just feel like better creasing could obtained by not soaking because this denim softens up so quickly. Thy were literally super super comfortable after the first day of wear.

6. KitAkira

That's one of the best features of KMWs [​IMG] [​IMG] And that's sized up 2 (flash takes away from the contrast a little bit) they're not terribly high-contrast fading jeans but I'd take these over APCs any day

7. theom-

theom- Senior member

8. KitAkira

Unfortunately once they're all faded and pretty if you continue to machine wash them you'll lose a lot of the darker color and they'll start to get more uniform but agreed, the teal is purty

9. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member

I've noticed that when wearing both Levi 514s and Levi 501 (although less so), I get a "wedgie" look from the back. In the case of the 501, the seat isn't even that slim but I get the same problem. What could be the reason for this?

10. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

I just got my first pair of raw denim, APC new standards, and I love them. Only problem is I feel that the length is perfect and if the inseam shrinks more than a 1/2 inch during soak/wash I would not like them nearly as much.

Question is how likely are they to shrink more tha a half inch?

11. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I need the best pair of denimz I can get for under $100. I'm growing out of my Uniqlos and I have a pair of 501 but I want something with a slimmer fit.

I was kind of thinking Gap but I want to see if there are better options out there.

bumpz

12. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Gap VS Unbranded Brand or something else?

13. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

I'd do gap. From experience UO quality is piss poor, no liability, and unbranded is exclusive to them. But some speculate unbranded is an offshoot of n&f..

14. DenimFreak411

DenimFreak411 Well-Known Member

So I just bought a pair of 31 Shearer Black Imperials.

I was wondering, when I put them on, are they suppose to be stiff and not able to button up all the way up?

Also, will the waist stretch at least for me to breathe in them?

15. bma

bma Senior member

how long do apcs take to fade if i wear them on pretty much a daily basis?