I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. user7

user7 Senior member

great.... that just makes things harder.. how do i know which brands do it and which dont? and i guess that applies to the inseam too? although i dont' know why they'd do that.. i really dont' need to think i have longer legs then i do. i'll take a better look at that site but unfortunatly from what i've seen just about everthign on there is skinny and tapered.. not really the look i'm going for. tall guys in skinny tapered jeans is not really my thing. was looking more for a straight leg/bootcut. i'll look again though. any suggestions?

thanks for your help btw.. there's very little on the web that i've been able to find that is helpful. most sites try to steer me towards "big and tall" stores

Yeah, I think usually inseams are fairly accurate. Not sure why it wouldn't be.

I don't know about bootcuts, but both Blue in Green and Self Edge def have non-skinny straight leg fits. Look at the measurements or ask self edge; they are very helpful.

But if you don't know what you even want I'd maybe just save the $ and buy something cheaper.

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Yeah, I think usually inseams are fairly accurate. Not sure why it wouldn't be. I don't know about bootcuts, but both Blue in Green and Self Edge def have non-skinny straight leg fits. Look at the measurements or ask self edge; they are very helpful. But if you don't know what you even want I'd maybe just save the $ and buy something cheaper.
    A few companies go a bit longer on the inseam, most don't though (and many just have uniform lengths throughout the sizes). But hemming is the easiest alteration anyway

3. ranker

ranker Senior member

4. connor

connor Senior member

2 or 3 depending on cut id say

5. Oakvillian

Oakvillian Member

hey guys
    i've tried this piece in a diesel store
    http://store.diesel.com/item/tskay/3...WITCHCATALOG/0
    i really liked it but i was hesitated at that moment, anyway i decided later to get one
    i'm a 6.2 and my waste is 29. what do you guys recommend for the denim's length? 32 or 34? I have 32s (not diesel's though) and they look good but whenever i set down i get like 1-2 inches exposed above my shoe.
    ps this guy is not available in portland right now so any "go try them and see yourself" will not help! I'm going to buy it online =)
    thanks

6. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

^ I'm 6.1 and wear both 32 and 34 in different cuts. Some questions to ask are 1. will you fold them up or stack them (i doubt you'll be folding the diesels so this won't apply) 2. what's the leg opening? - extra length only looks good with narrow leg openings, at least imo. with those diesels, they have hugo leg openings. therefore, going up to 34 would probably look sloppy standing. although I know what you mean about them rising up when you're sitting down but I think that is the better out of the two options. having said that, consider looking around the site for a few days before you pull the trigger on those. there's a lot of nice jeans to be had for around $220. cheers

7. treysfull

treysfull Member

why do so many people on here, (and all over the selvedge jeans I've checked out fwiw) wear jeans with the cuffs rolled up? It looks terrible to me every time. The only time it looked good was on some old guy in a stock picture on self-edge or something because he was a cool old guy that could pull something ridiculous off. What am I missing?

8. treysfull

treysfull Member

As a related followup, any thoughts on the LVC xx501 1890's? No cuffs on those.

9. balletmusic

balletmusic New Member

10. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

why do so many people on here, (and all over the selvedge jeans I've checked out fwiw) wear jeans with the cuffs rolled up? It looks terrible to me every time. The only time it looked good was on some old guy in a stock picture on self-edge or something because he was a cool old guy that could pull something ridiculous off. What am I missing?
    You're confused yet mysteriously attracted to it, aren't you? You want to try it but you're afraid, and that's okay. Seriously though, there are practical reasons for it (the shrink/stretch cycles jeans go through while breaking them in, and also to avoid staining your shoes blue), and then there's the very elaborate subculture/style of cuffing, which has it's own followers for various reasons.

11. Lynx_the_one

Lynx_the_one Senior member

Where are 501 Stf's sold?

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Where are 501 Stf's sold?

If you are American and cannot answer this question, I just pity you.

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

99% of stores that carry Levi's

14. Lynx_the_one

Lynx_the_one Senior member

99% of stores that carry Levi's

Thanks, Weren't sure if they were more "exclusive"

15. connor

connor Senior member

IH 301S or Imperial SEXI08?

id do sexi08s i think