I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

My next denim purchase will be SE stock, thinking about the SExSC06 unless another collabo catches my eye. Gotta wait until I have more funds though, about to get new boots

2. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

My next denim purchase will be SE stock, thinking about the SExSC06 unless another collabo catches my eye. Gotta wait until I have more funds though, about to get new boots
    I think we should just buy SE and BiG stock. Would be a smarter buy. Anyone know what the next contest jean is rumored to be over at SuFu? I'm hearing Eternal?

3. KitAkira

Don't they have an Eternal contest going on right now? Haven't really been paying attention to superdenim since I got the boot

4. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

I think we should just buy SE and BiG stock. Would be a smarter buy. Anyone know what the next contest jean is rumored to be over at SuFu? I'm hearing Eternal?
    811s are nice if they can tweak the grading of the top block a bit .... like keep all current measurements, but liberate/open up the waistband measurement by an inch to allow downsizing for slimmer a fit. btw, congrats is in order, then ?! finally got your wish on the PBJ fit.

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

811s are nice if they can tweak the grading of the top block a bit .... like keep all current measurements, but liberate/open up the waistband measurement by an inch to allow downsizing for slimmer a fit.

btw, congrats is in order, then ?! finally got your wish on the PBJ fit.

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched. I loved my 005s but never wore them for those reasons. The timing was excellent.

Agreed on those 811s too. I've been on the fence about those...

6. ubc121

ubc121 Senior member

I posted in another forum and they told me to post here. In short they told me that R&R and Citizens were bad and I wasn't getting a good deal for buy one get one free or 30% off. They also said that people in SF were getting them for 90-95% off. Now my questions are why are they bad and where do people get denim for so cheap? Thanks for the help. If you don't know, im new

7. KitAkira

They're bad jeans because you're paying for stupid stitching on the back pockets not denim/construction quality.

8. ubc121

ubc121 Senior member

What are some good brands then so I can watch out for them?

9. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

There are hundreds of pages in this thread with tons of the same recycled information, measurements, pictures, etc. Go to the first, and read. Bad internettiquete to come and expect answers to naive questions asked hundreds of times already without having contributed anything yourself, y'know..

10. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think we should just buy SE and BiG stock. Would be a smarter buy.

Anyone know what the next contest jean is rumored to be over at SuFu? I'm hearing Eternal?

Part of me wants to get in on the next contest since I never did one. Part of me says I have enough jeans already.

11. ubc121

ubc121 Senior member

Sorry I asked a beginners question in a beginners thread and didn't look through 600 pages of info

12. trafficjam

trafficjam Senior member

The rise does feel a little bit higher, but I'm not too concerned. Seeing as I know nothing about jeans, a slightly different fit won't ruin my day. Oh, and I was joking about asking the soak. Everyone asks about it, I was just trying to be like everybody else. I just soaked 'em, bathwater turned a deep, evil-looking shade.

13. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

Sorry I asked a beginners question in a beginners thread and didn't look through 600 pages of info

Well, indeed.

Why do you want an individual answer to a generic question?

Actually, wait, I have a good, simple, personal answer: buy the jeans I'm selling. Link in my signature. You'll love them. Or maybe you'll hate them. They might fit you?

14. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Im thinking of getting a pair of my 19CM's Slimmed down because they look baggy on my chicken legs. Im wondering though since there streight legged will the look funny tapered because when I head people are getting there jeans tapered they mostly bootcuts getting tapered into streight legs. sorry if this a stupid question I just dont want them to look funny.

I did this and I regret it. Tapering is okay, but I took a good half inch off the bottom hem....

15. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Part of me wants to get in on the next contest since I never did one. Part of me says I have enough jeans already.

Well, you know what I'll tell ya about buying another pair of jeans and/or doing a competition...

There's a lot to read, it's true. What I can tell ya is that any denim being sold at Blue in Green and SelfEdge are highly respected here, and worthy investments. Both are exclusive dealers for some really hard-to-find stuff. Start there and ask them for some guidance.

That said, it helps to know the cuts you like, denim types you want, etc. It's a fun addiction, so reading about it isn't really like studying. Once you know some, I promise you'll get lots of helpful feedback from the hopeless denimheads around here...

buy the jeans I'm selling. Link in my signature. You'll love them. Or maybe you'll hate them. They might fit you?

^ those are awesome jeans if you're looking for black denim...

Oh, and I was joking about asking the soak. Everyone asks about it, I was just trying to be like everybody else. I just soaked 'em, bathwater turned a deep, evil-looking shade.

Ahhh.....

I did this and I regret it. Tapering is okay, but I took a good half inch off the bottom hem....

Didja get them tapered on the outseam? If so, they should be able to let it out again.