I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

copper, no.

Oh shit. I'm gonna have to throw out all my jeans then?

2. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Should i get the Iron heart 634s with copper or silver rivets, and should i get crotch rivets?
    Depends if you want a more traditional look or not. Copper is the only way to go, imo, if there's a choice. I like crotch rivets, personally. They do help hold that crotch seam together, esp. if you tend to wear out the crotch quickly. They're not very visible when wearing the jeans.

3. seany

seany Senior member

Just want to say Mlyngard is by far the most helpful person in this forum.

4. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Aw shucks. But what I don't know could fill a library, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

5. seany

seany Senior member

Well you know alot about jeans, which is like 50% of what this forum talks about.

6. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

Motherfucking Revolve sent me the wrong jeans. I got Sugar Cane Union Stars instead of the 1966s I ordered. And I had to pay $25 customs duty on it so if I return them then I'll have to eat that charge.

I'll try them on when I get home from work, but if they fit...how easy (or not) do you guys think it would be to take out the embroidered star? Or would it leave too much damage to the rear to be worth trying?

[​IMG]

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I don't know why you would jump so quickly to buy them.... Should have e-mailed them first as I advised.

8. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

I don't know why you would jump so quickly to buy them.... Should have e-mailed them first as I advised.
    I emailed them immediately after I submitted my order. The 32s-34s sold out within a couple of hours of the sale being posted here so I wanted to make sure that I got my order in. I thought -- incorrectly, obviously -- that ordering the correct manufacturer's model number and immediately following up with an email would have been sufficient to ensure that I got the right pair...but, alas, hindsight and all that. But thanks for your reply. "I told you so" is always a great help.

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Well you're trying to place the blame on Revolve for nothing. Sure they could have been more clear about the info on their site but the buyer should confirm before spending money

10. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

Well you're trying to place the blame on Revolve for nothing. Sure they could have been more clear about the info on their site but the buyer should confirm before spending money
    The model number on the page that I clicked "Add To Cart" on was SC471966N. That's the pair that I wanted. They had a different pair pictured and sent me that pair instead. Revolve had the incorrect photo/model combination on their site. Who else's fault would that be? And I did email them immediately after receiving my confirmation email (which had the model number that I wanted) to confirm, but received no reply. I emailed them back again today and received the following reply within minutes (emphasis mine):

11. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I emailed them back again today and received the following reply within minutes (emphasis mine):

That's pretty responsible of them. Still doesn't cover your time and hair pulling (and now loss of the model you wanted), so it still sucks. Grr.

I wouldn't try getting that embroidery off. A seam ripper would do it just fine, but I worry about all the puncture holes from so much stitching in one area remaining visible even after you soak them, more so if those are one-wash...

12. Gavin

Gavin Senior member

That's pretty responsible of them. Still doesn't cover your time and hair pulling (and now loss of the model you wanted), so it still sucks. Grr.

It's completely reasonable -- generous even, given that they'll refund what I paid in duty if I choose to keep them (bringing the cost down to about $80 after the other price adjustment to reflect the model I received).

I wouldn't try getting that embroidery off. A seam ripper would do it just fine, but I worry about all the puncture holes from so much stitching in one area remaining visible even after you soak them, more so if those are one-wash...

They're unwashed...but still, that was my thought as well.

13. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] EP's by epaulet post soak. some people wanted to see them so here.

14. altemp

altemp Senior member

About as perfect a fit as you can get.

15. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

Looks like a great straight leg. Enough folds without a big stacking effect.