I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Any "premium" denim makers with a cut like J.Crew's 484?
    Search the sites for 'slim straight' or 'slim tapered' with a medium to low rise. There's tons. Some Samurai cuts, Warehouse 660s, Skull 5507, PBJ 008 model, KMW 1980, APC NS, Eternal, Studio D'Artisan, Those new EP jeans look like it, 3Sixteen slim straights, etc...

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

Does this jean exist? 1. Indigo 2. No logo on the jeans whatsoever. 3. No contrast stitching. 4. Retail Price between $10-$200 5. Blank back pocket 6. No patch 7. Not Banana Republic. 8. Slim
    I can't believe I didn't realize that I was in fact wearing the jeans you were describing. Marc by Marc Jacobs makes a pair of raw selvedge that have no patch, no contrast stitching, fit pretty straight (size down 2 for a slim fit.) They have a little MJ on the fly when you open them but unless you're Cayce Pollard, you're not gonna notice. I got mine off of gilt. They retail for $190ish. I can't find them online but you might be able to do a better job. Note, they aren't the WranglerxMarc Jacobs jeans. http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2964606

3. Acerola

Acerola Member

Okay so basically this is my issue, I have no ass, it's extremely small and flat.
    What brands and fits do you guys recommend?
    I have a lot of jeans but none of them seem to fit well because my little ass.
    What can I do about this? What kind of jeans do I need, I like them regular or regular slim btw.

4. jarude

jarude Senior member

You know how those 33 fit? I wear a 30 in APC NS

33 was too snug and I wear 32 in NS.

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Okay so basically this is my issue, I have no ass, it's extremely small and flat.
    What brands and fits do you guys recommend?
    I have a lot of jeans but none of them seem to fit well because my little ass.
    What can I do about this? What kind of jeans do I need, I like them regular or regular slim btw.

Skull 5010 or 5507, Momotaro 0701 or Warehouse Dubbleworks 660. Also look at low-rise slim fits like Pure Blue Japan 005s, or Somet.

I have the same kind of issue. All above have narrow, snug hips and top blocks, seat, and low-ish rise.

6. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

alright, think i've decided on APC NS, unless someone can recommend something else in that price range. i want something that fits pretty close to how my 514s are. where my jeans sit is around 33.5", so i'm thinking 31 to account for stretching.

i'm about 5'9", 145 so i'll probably have to get them hemmed a little. the 514s are 32 inseam. if the tailor does an 'original hem', you'd be able to see the stitching from it on the inside, if the jeans were cuffed, right? or is it not noticeable on either side?

anyway, these are the 514s.
    [​IMG]

7. theom-

theom- Senior member

Don't do that original hem bullshit, wast of money and there is no point. Looks terrible too.

8. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^ +1, the purpose of an original hem is to retain pre-distressing, which means there's literally no point with raw denim.

9. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

yea, that's what i figured. i got some other jeans hemmed normally but never asked her what the original hem meant. good to know.

10. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

yea, that's what i figured. i got some other jeans hemmed normally but never asked her what the original hem meant. good to know.
    Original hem is bad news as the other guys noted. Ge them hemmed at Blue in Green or SelfEdge with a chainstitch and be happy. Especially if you're gonna cuff. Also, pleeeze look at this thread before you jump into APC just yet. I detest APC and there are so many other options. (I'm not making a dime on this plug, but you deserve to know what's out there...). Plus, APC may be a fit-dissapointment if you really like 514s. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=157881 Note: I've tried on the Dunderdon and Simon Miller on that link, and those EP jeans, as well as 3Sixteen all look far superior to APC in many ways, especially fit). Those Tellason look fucking awesome too.

11. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

wish that thread was stickied. i read this forum at least once a day and hadn't seen it. thanks for that.

yea, i've read all the gripes about APC [pockets etc] which is why i was open to other suggestions. i just know that's the fit i want... or there abouts.

12. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

i liked the dunderdon james until i saw the back pockets. they look a tad on the gigantic side.

13. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

I hot soaked my somets. The water turned a dark shit brown/green.
    I hope they don't shrink too much!

14. connor

connor Senior member

what is all this original hem talk

15. mr. burns

mr. burns Senior member

what is all this original hem talk

they cut on or just above the hem stitching, save that part and reattach it after cutting the rest.