I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mshemons

mshemons Active Member

From what I read Dry Bones stretches about 1" in the waist. I actually just got a pair of Red-Ds today. Got the 29" (my waist is about 32"). One thing: these jeans are definitely loooong. I am 6'7" and I bought these so I could actually have a bit of stacking for once in my life. I think they fit well, can't wait to break them in and stretch them out a bit. Couple fit pics: [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. flyindarkness

flyindarkness Senior member

if you had a choice, would you buy the
    1) PRPS new fit
    2) KMW rocker
    3) other raw jeans slim in that same price point.
    and why?

3. JonB27

JonB27 Senior member

^^ Those do have a nice and long inseam for your height

4. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

ok torn between some jeans. i want a low rise fairly slim fitting straight leg jean.

so i've been looking at

Somet 003
    PBJ XX-005
    APC NS
    Skull 50-10 Black

i have bigger thighs around 25in and normally wear a 33-34 in jeans.

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

pbjs and skulls are pretty slim in the thighs. More so than the new standards. I haven't tried on the somets though.

6. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

i'm thinking about getting the NS and only sizing down 1 or getting the rest of those jeans in a 34, maybe a 35 for the skulls if i do.

still up in the air about which ones to get

7. Glory Daze

Glory Daze Active Member

How do I get my jeans to stack evenly? The left leg and right leg of the jeans are stacking differently right now.

8. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

ok torn between some jeans. i want a low rise fairly slim fitting straight leg jean. so i've been looking at Somet 003 PBJ XX-005 APC NS Skull 50-10 Black i have bigger thighs around 25in and normally wear a 33-34 in jeans.
    New Standards aren't even remotely low rise (still cool though). I like somet, never tried the other 2.
    i'm thinking about getting the NS and only sizing down 1 or getting the rest of those jeans in a 34, maybe a 35 for the skulls if i do. still up in the air about which ones to get
    I sized down one on my APC's (hence could barely button them) and it went fine.
    Hello. Crucial information crossposted from APC thread. 5' 7" height. 33" true waist Quads are 23.5" around largest part and 22.25" smack in the middle of my thigh. (they are massively/xbox huge) 16.25" calves. Usually wear a 30" inseam. My question: Think I could go for the Dry Bones Red-D (despite the 39" inseam)? Or maybe even the KMW 1980s? I have no idea how Dry Bones or KMW denim stretches at all. And I am wearing my size 31 APC NS's with a loose waist and tightness in the thigh area. Additional potential choices: Iron Heart 634S, larger Skulls (based on SE measurements might be just right), hunt for Dry Bones DP-570 (larger thigh room, much shorter inseam than Red-D). I'm just lost at the moment :\\
    It seems like everybody has a loose waist on thier APC's, I would get the 1980 as I perfer a nice modern cut jean. 39 Inch inseam might go badly too but I really have no idea.

9. mimesis

mimesis Well-Known Member

10. jasonn

jasonn Member

I just picked up a pair of 501XX STFs 30x34 from Macy's today. Should I soak them immediately or not? Anything I need to do during the soaking process? How long should I soak them? Soak them inside out? Should I hang dry them or wear them around while damp (someone suggested this to me)? Anything else I need to know in general about STFs? (New to raw/selvedge). As is, the jeans feel loose around thighs and legs and just slightly loose around the waist.

I wear a 29 normally (511/514s). Natural waist (2 inches above naval) is 31".

11. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

use the search function, both for this site and on google

superfuture has a Levi's 501 thread that has all links relevant to the 501

12. jasonn

jasonn Member

Alright. Decided to cold soak them for a few hours and wear them dry. Currently in the tub.

13. Glory Daze

Glory Daze Active Member

If I wear size 30 for APC NS's and my true waist size is 32, what size Imperial Dukes should I get?

14. jasonn

jasonn Member

Alright. Decided to cold soak them for a few hours and wear them dry. Currently in the tub.

Soaked in cold water for 3.5 hours and wearing now. Definitely slimmer along the waist but still loose in the thighs. Should I resoak? Warm or cold? Right away or keep wearing these damp?

15. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

3.5 hours is a long time. I think the only thing that might shrink them some more would be a hot soak, like boiling hot water soak. Notice: you won't want to be in the tub with the jeans on when you do this.[​IMG]