Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Rhodes

Rhodes Member

Second try! Do anyone here knows what models are those?

[​IMG]

This one is a 501, with leather(?) back patch and interior red sewing line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one has a cloth back patch. Do not now wich model is. Both were bought during the last 4 years!

2. ROYGEN

ROYGEN Well-Known Member

Looking at the pics from Crew's site, its definitely not identical. My sis who got me the gift was kind enough to email me a copy of the receipt. It is from J.Crew, item # 13639. i'm not an expert either in LVC that's why im asking for some 411. the 200% mark-up was more of a comment made by a Levis associate at a store where i brought my jeans at for them to have a look at it. No success either with regard to info....Anyways, so this are actually LVC's and the price should be justifiable? J.Crew is known for marking up their prices with collaboration with different brands....just saying...

[​IMG]

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Second try! Do anyone here knows what models are those?
    In case you missed it: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=8714

Looking at the pics from Crew's site, its definitely not identical. My sis who got me the gift was kind enough to email me a copy of the receipt. It is from J.Crew, item # 13639. i'm not an expert either in LVC that's why im asking for some 411. the 200% mark-up was more of a comment made by a Levis associate at a store where i brought my jeans at for them to have a look at it. No success either with regard to info....Anyways, so this are actually LVC's and the price should be justifiable? J.Crew is known for marking up their prices with collaboration with different brands....just saying...

If you're really that hard pressed to figure out what kind of LVCs you have from J.Crew even after they could tell you the model by giving them the item number on the receipt, I suggest you follow the path I laid out for Rhodes above.

But for the last time, they are a pair of LVCs that have been washed for J. Crew.

4. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Senior member

In case you missed it: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=8714

If you're really that hard pressed to figure out what kind of LVCs you have from J.Crew even after they could tell you the model by giving them the item number on the receipt, I suggest you follow the path I laid out for Rhodes above.

But for the last time, they are a pair of LVCs that have been washed for J. Crew.

Irritated much, Albert?

5. pseudonym

pseudonym Senior member

Which brands of raw selvedge denim fade best/quickly?

I've heard good things about Warehouse.

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Which brands of raw selvedge denim fade best/quickly? I've heard good things about Warehouse.
    Snap, on before Kit. Warehouse if fantastic. PBJ, Skull, Momotaro, Flat Head, Dry Bones (SuFu Specials) in my direct experience. My Sams and Evisus seem slow, surprisingly. Moderate faders: Jean Shop, Somet, APC. Slow: KMW "Best" is way too subjective to answer, and could be argued 'til we're all blue in the fucking face.

7. andyf28

andyf28 New Member

if i just purchused some used a.p.c's would a cold soak effect the denim?

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

if i just purchused some used a.p.c's would a cold soak effect the denim?

No. It's good for it, and you really need to soak all dry jeans prior to wear to take care of the shrink too, as well as to get out the excess starch which is bad for the jeans.

Tell your friends. Please. And don't follow APC's silly washing instruction on that tag, especially anything involving oceans and rubbing with sand. Jesus.

9. connor

connor Senior member

No hate but your legs look straight up twig-like. Straight and narrow

just not the greatest angles... my legs are fit lol def not a twig

That's a really nice fit on you, Connor. What's the leg opening on those? 7.25-7"? What cut of Imperials are those?

We'd love to see those Crates too...must be a different fit for them...

SE says 7.1 leg opening, these are the SEXI04s. so it's a 19cm based cut

here's a fit pic of my CvsFs... this is the one that made everyone in the WAYWT punch me in the face

[​IMG]

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Better jeans fit

11. connor

connor Senior member

theyre different fits but idk which id say is "better." ill get pictures in a fit context of my sexi04s.... i think they fit real well

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

N&F Weird Guy vs. APC Petite Standard vs. Ande Whall Grifter vs. another pair of 19cms..

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

N&F Weird Guy vs. APC Petite Standard vs. Ande Whall Grifter vs. another pair of 19cms..
    AW and DH are in a whole 'nother ballpark in terms of pricing, there's a lot more options between those choices, why cut them out?

14. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

anyone knows dunderson sizing? should i size up/down? also anywhere to buy them other than its website?

15. praguewatermelon

praguewatermelon Active Member

Does ACNE's denim normally fade fast? I bought a pair of ACNE and, after having worn them for no more than 3 weeks, I already got some clear fades (shown in the pix below). I didn't get fades like these with APCs even after wearing them for more than 1 month.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]