I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Thanks for the reply. Do you by any chance know if they only come in a 35 inseam? I don't have very long legs.lol. My inseam is 30.

Thanks for the links.

yeah, you're going to have to hem if you want them to be shorter.

2. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

Did you try the APC store?

3. trueforest

trueforest Well-Known Member

What is the opinion here on the fit of the Good Society Slim Straight leg?

4. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

i hear the past ones have had some sizing issues, not sure about the newer ones

5. trueforest

trueforest Well-Known Member

i hear the past ones have had some sizing issues, not sure about the newer ones

Yeah I know, I heard that too. To clarify I just mean the overall fit of the pant?

6. twothreesix

twothreesix Member

What is slimmer when they're both the exact same waist size, APC NS or Dior 21cm?

7. mtgguy777

mtgguy777 Well-Known Member

For nudies, should I size down and hope that it will stretch out to a perfect fit or should I size up and shrink it down?

I am currently wearing a size 38 waist (I'm a fatty =\\ ) on a preshrunk 501 was a tad tight at first but after a week or two, they've stretched out to the point where I can take them off without unbuttoning them.

I am torn between size 36 (actual waist 37.5 according to Self Edge's sizing chart) and size 38 (actual waist 39.5 according to Self Edge's sizing chart)

8. bob

bob Senior member

Go for the 36. I sized down 1 on my slim jim and it fits perfect.

9. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

So I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of Dior Homme 19CM in Black. The thing im worried about is the inseam. I normally wear a 31 inseam without stacking. You think I will have to hem them? If so how much should they be hemmed but still have the right amount of inseam to stack?

10. Nil

Nil Senior member

I just tried on some Earnest Sewn Fultons today and I really liked the fit. The only problem was I'm so used to dry denim now days that the Maz Dark wash it was in struck me as looking a bit off, which is odd considering that wash in the Hutch cut used to be my favorite jeans a few years back.

Anyways, I really like that cut of jean and was wondering if there was a similar fit in a dry denim jean somewhere, preferably around $200 or less. I suppose another option would be to just say screw it and get those washed jeans, but I'd like to see what my options are first.

11. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

[​IMG]
    I just got this pair of New Standards. I'm normally about a 29 or 30 inseam. Should I :
    (a) Leave them as they are
    (b) Cuff them
    (c) Hem them a few inches

Danke.

cross post.

12. Mr. Potato

Mr. Potato Senior member

So I finally bit the bullet and bought a pair of Dior Homme 19CM in Black. The thing im worried about is the inseam. I normally wear a 31 inseam without stacking. You think I will have to hem them? If so how much should they be hemmed but still have the right amount of inseam to stack?

The Dior jeans look is supposed to be stacked. I would suggest leaving it stacked for a while until the denim softens up and drapes more naturally. Though it is your jeans, you can do anything you want to them. Some have hemmed them a few inches off to reduce the stacking.

I just got this pair of New Standards. I'm normally about a 29 or 30 inseam. Should I :
    (a) Leave them as they are
    (b) Cuff them
    (c) Hem them a few inches

Danke.

cross post.

Looks good as they are.

13. skiwebster

skiwebster Senior member

posted in ask a question thread and then realized I meant to ask in the jean thread:

ARG! two of my favorite things are my nudie slim jims and my brand new scooter. Only problem is my scooter seat is tan leather. Raw denim + tan leather seat = indigo everywhere. (i've had my nudies for about 8 months and finally washed them last weekend so the indigo rub off shouldn't be as bad anymore).

anyway, my next pair of jeans were gonna be grey coated thin finns but I decided to get non-raw denim so I could stop ruining my scooter seat. Any suggestions? I've only really done research and read about raw. thanks

14. truestorytravis

truestorytravis Senior member

I'm looking for a jean with dyed warp and weft, preferably indigo. What are my options? I know of the PBJ xx-007, Atelier La Durance Prescott Darktone, and 45rpm nandoxnando. The rise on the PBJ's is too low, I'm not a big fan of the color of the ALD's, and the overall fit of the Nandos is too relaxed (I thought they were discontinued anyway). I would appreciate any other suggestions.

15. atomicranch

atomicranch Senior member

I just tried on some Earnest Sewn Fultons today and I really liked the fit. The only problem was I'm so used to dry denim now days that the Maz Dark wash it was in struck me as looking a bit off, which is odd considering that wash in the Hutch cut used to be my favorite jeans a few years back.

Anyways, I really like that cut of jean and was wondering if there was a similar fit in a dry denim jean somewhere, preferably around $200 or less. I suppose another option would be to just say screw it and get those washed jeans, but I'd like to see what my options are first.

Acne Mics. The Fultons also come in a dry wash, I believe.