I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. DrPat

DrPat Senior member

so..... back to like 5th grade with tightie whities? .......
    lol jk, briefs huh

It's possible to find non-while briefs without a penis hole in the front.

If the inner thigh area of the jeans is too tight you can try doing a split to stretch them out a bit. I did this with my Ironhearts to stop them digging into my balls.

2. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

Lol I can't do a split hahaa but I'll see what I can do

3. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

you shouldnt wear boxers number 1

1. commando.

2. They'll stretch. I had the same problem. However, you might have downsized too much. Use it as an opportunity to drop ten.

4. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I really like my APC New Standards but got them hemmed a little short for my liking. I am looking for a new jean that is similar to the New standard...

IMO, Warehouse 660s, Skull 5507 are good jeans in the 'next-tier-up' price-point which will be fairly close to the slim straight cut of NS.

[​IMG]

I lurrrve that silver bag. It's like crack to me.

When I get measurements for denim on a website, it gives me ones accurate to a waist size of 32.
    For instance:

waist: xx"
    (Measurements according to size 32)

How do I convert these measurements to a size smaller then that, like a 28 or 26?

There's no actual conversion, to Kit and Whodini's point. However, when downsizing, or going across from one brand to another with similar cuts, don't go more or less than .5" across on the leg and rise dimensions. Even then, the cut can fit very differently.

I want to know a useable method to find out this information on my own.
    I've heard that BiG's charts are inaccurate, and they don't carry every brand.
    According to whodini there's no reliable way, but I wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion.

It's true that size charts are only a loose reference, since every brand will have a different fit. Size charts can be innacurate if a new shipment is dimensioned differently than the last, or depending on how/where the measurements are taken.

Trick is to use these measurements as a comparison only. Trying on jeans is the only way to know for sure. It's unavoidable that occasionally you get it wrong. It's even harder with STF denim.

5. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

1. commando.

2. They'll stretch. I had the same problem. However, you might have downsized too much. Use it as an opportunity to drop ten.

1. My penis quivered at the thought.

2. I'm actually really skinny. It's just the damn love handles and belly that have accumulated over time [​IMG] been trying but haven't been keeping a steady rhythm on workouts.

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

1. My penis quivered at the thought.

2. I'm actually really skinny. It's just the damn love handles and belly that have accumulated over time [​IMG] been trying but haven't been keeping a steady rhythm on workouts.

1. No pain, no gain. You'll develop callouses.
    (actually, the only jeans which caused me that much pain were my fucking Skull 5010. Long gone now. No jeans should cause that kind of torture).

2. That's a tough balancing act. Slim-jean muffin-top is aggrivating. Guess it's post-holiday motivation time, right?

7. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

1. No pain, no gain. You'll develop callouses.
    (actually, the only jeans which caused me that much pain were my fucking Skull 5010. Long gone now. No jeans should cause that kind of torture).

2. That's a tough balancing act. Slim-jean muffin-top is aggrivating. Guess it's post-holiday motivation time, right?

1. Wait... you're serious about the commando?! Major props to you... I think. haha

2. Yea... the jeans fit well but the freakin muffin-top. Makes me look like a fat ass. No-homo but I don't think I've ever worked out to fit into a pair of jeans. First for everything

8. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

i'm heading to ueno to get a pair of jean but....

i want a pair of jeans that fit like my petit standard. tapered, slim, but not toooo skinny.

flat head? iron heart? samurai? pbj? somet?

help me out!

9. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

so..... back to like 5th grade with tightie whities? .......
    lol jk, briefs huh

have you never heard of trunks... i mean seriously...

also going commando is not that hard...

10. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

...... I'm actually wearing "trunks" right now.... I always thought these "trunks" were just boxers, but lil tighter..... you learn something new every day!

Going Commando ain't hard... but in these tight, chafing jeans... I scraped my hands tucking my boxers lol, imagine walking and then suddenly.... >___<

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Please don't go commando.

12. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

Whose gonna know?

13. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

1. Wait... you're serious about the commando?! Major props to you... I think. haha

2. Yea... the jeans fit well but the freakin muffin-top. Makes me look like a fat ass. No-homo but I don't think I've ever worked out to fit into a pair of jeans. First for everything

I do.

No-homo taken, but jeans are the true barometer of how ya feel about them love handles, ain't they?

i'm heading to ueno to get a pair of jean but....

i want a pair of jeans that fit like my petit standard. tapered, slim, but not toooo skinny.

flat head? iron heart? samurai? pbj? somet?

help me out!

My suggestions would be Somet 008 (or 003), Skull 5010 and PBJ 005 - all very slim with lower rise and slim top-block fit, about the same denim weight. I love the fits. You may have to taper the PBJ though, as the l.o. ends up at the same dimension as the knee. Samurai has a nice slim fit in their Texas Cotton denim. Haven't tried it. 3Sixteen, Flat Head 3001 (zip-fly).

Kit can probably suggest some others...

And going hard is totally commando.

Actually, you do get used to raw in raws. Those Skull 5010 were mayhem though. Yikes.

Please don't go commando.

Don't buy any of my jeans then.

Whose gonna know?

On point!!

(My girlfriend. And she likes it. :)

14. splattered

splattered Senior member

^^ I went full on commando for several years until i had a couple hernia surgeries and started wearing boxers again... now i wear trunks, ocassionally boxers. I seriouslly cannot imagine wearing nothing with raws, if not for the bacteria factor alone??? And in tighter jeans if i go boxers much less commando - half my junk wants to hang down one pant leg, half down the other haha I prefer commando to be honest but my somewhat recent change to raws just doesnt seem to reallistically permit.

15. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

if you've got horrible bacteria colonies growing in your jeans because you wear them commando...

hygiene.. your doing it wrong