I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

Ok so I haven't soaked my Somets but I wore them today. Actually wearing them now. Let me tell you that every step. Every time I sat down, it was like someone had steel wires digging into my thighs. I thought I'd cut an artery. I almost cut my hands up tucking my boxers in... And it took like 10 minutes to button them up. I need to lose some flab [​IMG] But not that they are on... They are starting to losen up a little bit. But God... my balls... they freaking hurt every time I walk... it's like a permanent wedgie

2. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

Pics of unboxing to first wear. Courtesy of my friend's iPhone. Took forever just for that first button [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

3. krylon80

krylon80 Well-Known Member

Ok so I haven't soaked my Somets but I wore them today. Actually wearing them now. Let me tell you that every step. Every time I sat down, it was like someone had steel wires digging into my thighs. I thought I'd cut an artery. I almost cut my hands up tucking my boxers in... And it took like 10 minutes to button them up. I need to lose some flab [​IMG]

But not that they are on... They are starting to losen up a little bit. But God... my balls... they freaking hurt every time I walk... it's like a permanent wedgie

wow, that sounds just....brutal.

4. Sepita

Sepita New Member

Hey there, I am looking for recommendations for jeans with a rough, worn out look.. These pictures show pretty much exactly what I'm after (I am linking up the image as it's large): http://www.sellerinside.com/mypage/a...HC908-gray.jpg I am on a bit of a tight budget but don't mind saving up though so recommendations in all price ranges are welcome - just trying to get an idea of what's out there! Thanks and merry christmas [​IMG]

5. zzzzzard

zzzzzard Active Member

When I get measurements for denim on a website, it gives me ones accurate to a waist size of 32.
    For instance:

waist: xx"
    front rise: xx"
    back rise: xx"
    thigh: xx"
    knee: xx"
    leg opening: xx"
    inseam: xx"
    (Measurements according to size 32)

How do I convert these measurements to a size smaller then that, like a 28 or 26?

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Hey there,

I am looking for recommendations for jeans with a rough, worn out look..

PRPS or Diesel but that wash you linked is horrid. If you're on a budget, check ebay. I'm sure you can find some Thai fakes for cheap.

When I get measurements for denim on a website, it gives me ones accurate to a waist size of 32.

How do I convert these measurements to a size smaller then that, like a 28 or 26?

You don't. Different cuts of jeans, as well as manufacturers, will have different systems of grading.

7. zzzzzard

zzzzzard Active Member

You don't. Different cuts of jeans, as well as manufacturers, will have different systems of grading.

I figured as much. Does this mean I'm doomed to shop brick and mortar for the rest of my life (not including free-return websites)?

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I figured as much. Does this mean I'm doomed to shop brick and mortar for the rest of my life (not including free-return websites)?
    Websites offer measurements... farinelli's, context, etc. Have you tried looking or emailing for them?

9. zzzzzard

zzzzzard Active Member

My problem is that most (if not all) websites offer measurements in 32. I'm far too skinny to rely on that.

BiG offers some great charts, but only for a select few brands.

10. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

And by a few select brands you mean all of them, right?

11. zzzzzard

zzzzzard Active Member

And by a few select brands you mean all of them, right?

They don't offer A.P.C... though Farinelli's does. So I guess that covers it.

Thanks guys.

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

[​IMG] so you expect BiG to have size charts for a brand they don't carry?

13. zzzzzard

zzzzzard Active Member

Did you read my original post at all?

I want to know a useable method to find out this information on my own.
    I've heard that BiG's charts are inaccurate, and they don't carry every brand.
    According to whodini there's no reliable way, but I wanted to see if anyone else had an opinion.

14. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

Ok so I haven't soaked my Somets but I wore them today. Actually wearing them now. Let me tell you that every step. Every time I sat down, it was like someone had steel wires digging into my thighs. I thought I'd cut an artery. I almost cut my hands up tucking my boxers in... And it took like 10 minutes to button them up. I need to lose some flab [​IMG]

But not that they are on... They are starting to losen up a little bit. But God... my balls... they freaking hurt every time I walk... it's like a permanent wedgie

you shouldnt wear boxers number 1

15. bencho

bencho Well-Known Member

so..... back to like 5th grade with tightie whities? .......
    lol jk, briefs huh