I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

what does it mean when denim is "rinsed"? It seems stiffer than regular washed denim, but softer than raw denim... so i guess this means it's in between... so i guess i answered my own question. But does rinsed denim fade like raw denim?
    Rinsed = OW (usually....) if it's one of our brands. Some mall brands use "rinsed" as a term for other washes

2. APK

APK Senior member

Looking for a slim-straight (more toward a straight) cut of grey jeans in a darker shade, similar to the ones W+H put out a while back. They don't need to be raw, either.

3. mathwk

mathwk Senior member

anyone have experience with PRPS rambler black raw?
    Know how it's supposed to fade out?

4. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Which of the following jeans fit the closest to Levi's 511?

APC Petit Standard, New Cure or New Standard

Nudie Grim Trim or Slim Jim

My concern is the width of the thigh. 511 just do it for me, so I would not want anything slimmer. I have looked at retailers that put out full measurements, but they seem inconsistent. Anybody have better links for measurements? I also realize that thigh measurement can vary quite a bit depending on where you measure.

511's rise is more like the PS, but the cut all over is more like the New Standard/Slim Jim. New Cure is like the 510 but with a ankle flare.

5. gqcao

gqcao Senior member

I haven't been on this board as much to keep up with all the current denims.
    I have a pair of Nudie Regular Ralf, Imperial King, and Imperial Duke. Both the Nudie and King have been altered to the straight leg fit. I love the King but after 2+ years, the Nudie's contruction is no doubt superior to the Imperials. Since the Duke is a little too tight for my taste, i believe my ideal fit/cut would be somewhere between the King and Duke. Actually, the rise and fit on the Nudie Regular Ralf is almost perfect after i tapered(reduced) the leg opening.

I would like another pair of raw/selvage jeans. I prefer the straight leg cut; I do not like the low rise cut. medium rise is probably what i'm looking for. I'm about 5"8, 165 lbs.
    So for you jeans experts, what would be the perfect pair of jeans for me? Thanks

6. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

How much are raw indigo 19cm Diors at the actual Dior store?

7. KitAkira

Near 400 iirc and they don't sell them at Dior stores, you have to go to a Dior Homme boutique (LA, LV, NY)

8. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

it is homme, the one in Vegas. really? $400? why do they often sell for less new on the forums?

9. KitAkira

it is homme, the one in Vegas. really? $400? why do they often sell for less new on the forums?
    Because as a general rule no one would buy something for the same price as they could get it from the shop. It could be as low as 350 though, don't remember. Just checked TheGrapist's thread on sufu and his proxy price is 375 so guess it's lower. That's for MiJ, MiI is cheaper (although the quality is worse). The DH raws are meh though, imo.

10. Eccentric

Eccentric Senior member

So I've had my New Standards since September and I'm loving them: I can never go back to cheap denim. I am, however, starting to think about the next pair, although that is still many months off. I was just wondering what you all might recommend as a slubby, possibly slightly fuller pair of jeans. I have become very fascinated by slub, so that is the key.

11. edwarddchao

edwarddchao New Member

12. edwarddchao

edwarddchao New Member

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

anyone know why APC jeans sometime wear to a yellowish tint?

14. connor

connor Senior member

15. ERICESCOBAR

ERICESCOBAR Member

I am new to this board... and have recently encountered a problem regarding denim-shopping...

i seem to have run out of affordable options for dark, skinny denim. i have all Levis has to offer and have recently begun looking else where.

Comune is a nice alternative...but I need more options.
    Cheap Monday...they don't seem to have a nice dark rinse jean (not that i know of)

Any recommendations?