I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Fingasmcgee

Fingasmcgee Member

Hi,

I'm thinking of ordering some Uniqlo Japan denim slim's over ebay. since I usually wear a 30 in most jeans should I stick with it? and are the uniqlos worth it?

2. KBW

KBW Senior member

I didn't get in on the "born tuff" SExIH collab early enough and they are out of my size...any other comparable jeans that are indigo coated in black? Maybe I'm off in my thinking but I would think the results with something like that would be pretty cool. Not wanting to spend the $800 or whatever the Diors that are coated would cost

3. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

I think 3sixteen has a black overdye.

4. KBW

KBW Senior member

I think 3sixteen has a black overdye.

there's isn't selvedge...not that it matters a whole hell of a lot but if I could get them selvedge I'd prefer it

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

I didn't get in on the "born tuff" SExIH collab early enough and they are out of my size...any other comparable jeans that are indigo coated in black? Maybe I'm off in my thinking but I would think the results with something like that would be pretty cool. Not wanting to spend the $800 or whatever the Diors that are coated would cost
    None come off the top of my head except the 3Sixteens, and Diors wouldn't fade (although with wax coatings that beautiful who would want them to fade?!?). Maybe Sunrise mud-dyed jeans? Not sure how those fade (no one has bought them/posted pics of them and BiG doesn't carry my size)

6. Classically

Classically Senior member

After looking at several of the raw denim threads, my interest is peaked. Does anyone have any recommendations for a guy who happens to be 5ft 11in, 200 lbs with 26in thighs that runs under $200? Or am I SOL?

7. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

After looking at several of the raw denim threads, my interest is peaked. Does anyone have any recommendations for a guy who happens to be 5ft 11in, 200 lbs with 26in thighs that runs under $200? Or am I SOL?

What is your waist size?

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Depending on your waist size there are a lot of models. Repro fits have fuller cut legs, KMW's 1950 and 2010 models would work, 1980 if you've got a larger waist.

9. Classically

Classically Senior member

38 in for regular pants but I found that to be too baggy for some jeans that I've bought, so I'm going to assume size 36in for jeans. Also something with a bit of a relaxed fit in the rear or will the jeans expand to fit?

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

mmmmm, gee, maybe because I use my jeans for work and play? What don't you understand about that?? Yeah genius, let me buy a pair of $150 jeans to go hike around with [​IMG]

My Luckys are great, I have beat on one pair pretty fair with outdoor work and they still look good to bum around in. I don't think I would want to do that a pair of Nudies costing over $200.....

nice snark. again, i think if you just actually spent some time here you'll find that wearing your one pair of APC to shit every single day will still last longer and in the long run cost much less than a pair of $whatever of lucky brand jeans bought every 6 months or so.

people wear their jeans to shit here and they still hold up well even after a few years of daily wearing. one dude i remember wore his nudies every single day for like 3 years without ever washing it and it only need minor repairs. i dunno if you want to go that far, but jeans are jeans.

if you want the best value, cheapest pair of jeans per use, i would suggest iron heart or even the ESEF Skys. shit will honestly last you at the very least 5 years. I wouldn't be surprised to see ones that are 10 years old and in good shape. buy like 3 and you'll never need to buy jeans again. no more looking around for the one model lucky jeans you really like.

11. GodAtum

GodAtum Senior member

Hi all,

I've been searching for years for jeans with back pockets that can be buttoned up/zipped up but I did not find any until I went to Selfridges in London but they are £200!! There must be some other places that do these type of jeans cheaper in the UK? I always use my back pockets to keep important items separate from my wallet.

Regards,
    GodAtum

12. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

April 77 makes some that zip up.

13. ersatzmoe

ersatzmoe Senior member

Few of my friends made the site www.putthison.com This answers a bunch of frequently asked questions about denim.

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Few of my friends made the site www.putthison.com

This answers a bunch of frequently asked questions about denim.

Oh yeah. You posted that vid a while back, right?

15. ersatzmoe

ersatzmoe Senior member

Could be, I think it's really informative.

Not trying to pimp it or anything.