Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

EDIT: Double post

2. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

So just making sure, I can buy this, wash it right away (I live in a dorm, so no where to soak), just wear them like normal and they'll fit like normal and remain a constant color?

you can soak in any laundry machine by keeping the top open and starting the cycle.

3. connor

connor Senior member

So just making sure, I can buy this, wash it right away (I live in a dorm, so no where to soak), just wear them like normal and they'll fit like normal and remain a constant color?

no fuck thy'll ffuking fade! that shits raw it is gonna fade if you wnt a constant color you knned to buy washed denim

4. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

I dropped by the Lucky Brand jeans outlet near me today and was sad to find that the Mens 165 Straight leg with zip fly is no longer being made and sold in the retail stores, so the outlet did not have have any on hand. This was my favorite Lucky jeans model , the legs were not baggy and overall fit me very well.

anyone know of a comparable Lucky brand that fits like the 165? All they had on hand at the outlet store was the 181 bootleg.These are too baggy for my liking.

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i do'nt understand how you've been on this forum for mroe than a year and have still to learn some knowledge about denim.

i had a pair of lucky brands in high school. shit sucks. i used to wear because i didnt' particularly care about jeans and because they were on sale for real cheap, but i don see why people would actively seek to wear them. nothing special about the cut, denim, or construction.

if you're lacking funds, i'd suggest looking into Levi's 511. They're real flattering on most slim people, much more so than the classic 1947 501s. i think sear's usually sells them. if you want a step up i'd look into APCs. I think their cut is universally flattering (if they look good on kunk they look good on most everybody. jk) and the denim quality is leagues beyond basic mall brands like lucky. they might not be the best denim wise, but they're a good gateway drug

6. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i think another good idea would be to just look through the waywt non discussion thread, see a few hundred fits and take note of what denim looks good on people with builds similar to yours. there's a whole variety of people on this forum and i'm sure you could learn a lot more.

superfuture.com has a section called superdenim and there's also a waywt there that focuses more on denim. take a look at that too.

if you still think your lucky brand is much better for whatever reason, i'm not sure there's a whole lot of people here interested in them to give you the infromation you need.

maybe check out honest forum or authentic forum. they're more into that so called premium designer celebrity jeans stuff like rogan, lucky brand, 7fam, etc. i'm sure they could help you out a lot better than we can.

7. seany

seany Senior member

PC = weed ?

lmaoooo

I like that saying.

8. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

i do'nt understand how you've been on this forum for mroe than a year and have still to learn some knowledge about denim.

i had a pair of lucky brands in high school. shit sucks. i used to wear because i didnt' particularly care about jeans and because they were on sale for real cheap, but i don see why people would actively seek to wear them. nothing special about the cut, denim, or construction.

mmmmm, gee, maybe because I use my jeans for work and play? What don't you understand about that?? Yeah genius, let me buy a pair of $150 jeans to go hike around with [​IMG]

My Luckys are great, I have beat on one pair pretty fair with outdoor work and they still look good to bum around in. I don't think I would want to do that a pair of Nudies costing over $200.....

9. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

My Luckys are great, I have beat on one pair pretty fair with outdoor work and they still look good to bum around in. I don't think I would want to do that a pair of Nudies costing over $200.....
    You're sure you've been here for nearly two years?

People treat jeans here kinda like...well, jeans.

10. pdsf

pdsf Senior member

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a pair of Kicking Mule Workshop 2010 in raw. I have done a few searches on SF with regard to sizing and fit (sorry if it's been asked before - I may have missed a specific query), and I just want to double check - if I am usually size 30 I should go for KMW size 29 as it'd stretch out? Are all KMW made in Japan these days? I read that at one point some were made in China, but someone stated all productions were later based in Japan...

Basically I am looking for a pair of nice selvedge jeans with minimal distressing, "fixings" or "adornments" - I don't need big logos or interesting stitching...

Thanks for your help.

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

mmmmm, gee, maybe because I use my jeans for work and play? What don't you understand about that?? Yeah genius, let me buy a pair of $150 jeans to go hike around with [​IMG] My Luckys are great, I have beat on one pair pretty fair with outdoor work and they still look good to bum around in. I don't think I would want to do that a pair of Nudies costing over $200.....
    Most people don't baby their jeans, I skate in mine and that's a hell of a lot harder on them than just hiking (which I have done as well)
    Hi all, I am looking to buy a pair of Kicking Mule Workshop 2010 in raw. I have done a few searches on SF with regard to sizing and fit (sorry if it's been asked before - I may have missed a specific query), and I just want to double check - if I am usually size 30 I should go for KMW size 29 as it'd stretch out? Are all KMW made in Japan these days? I read that at one point some were made in China, but someone stated all productions were later based in Japan... Basically I am looking for a pair of nice selvedge jeans with minimal distressing, "fixings" or "adornments" - I don't need big logos or interesting stitching... Thanks for your help.
    KMW moved from China 2(?) years ago. The only place you'll find the MiC is on Ebay. Size down 1 and all are made in Okayama, Japan. Raw jeans aren't distressed. KMW does a 2010 wash, but it's a bit more (a few samples are on sale by Atsui for pretty cheap)

12. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

Most people don't baby their jeans, I skate in mine and that's a hell of a lot harder on them than just hiking (which I have done as well)

hiking and a lot more.....

anyway I found a similar cut, Lucky 181 straight leg so that should be a viable replacement...

13. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

hiking and a lot more..... anyway I found a similar cut, Lucky 181 straight leg so that should be a viable replacement...
    OH sorry, hiking and yardwork..... never mind, doesn't change anything

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a pair of Kicking Mule Workshop 2010 in raw. if I am usually size 30 I should go for KMW size 29 as it'd stretch out?

Basically I am looking for a pair of nice selvedge jeans with minimal distressing, "fixings" or "adornments" - I don't need big logos or interesting stitching...

Thanks for your help.

KMW are highly regarded here. All 'adornment' is subtle. I like them, and I prefer very traditional details.

I wear 29s in KMW. They'll be 31"w raw, and shrink to about 30w with a hot soak (highly recommended for all raw). They'll stretch back out about an inch. So if you're really a 30, you may want to consider a 28w, if you can still find it.

15. noVA99

noVA99 Senior member

OH sorry, hiking and yardwork..... never mind, doesn't change anything

yeah I wish it was just "yardwork"......try 70 acres of "yardwork".....