I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

too, bad. both great fcuking jeans [​IMG]

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

You're a good man! I'm going to try to pare the collection down to the 24 oz Sammies, S0110XJ Jins, S5000CX that I just ordered (don't really count because they're tan) Flat Head 3005, and 5EP LDB (Kinda small but I'm hanging on to them anyway). Though I am tempted to grab Some PBJ xx-009s (blue warm and weft). One nice thing about the move is that I can wear jeans to work every day at my job down here. This means selling: PBJ XX-005 (32) KMW AWA (30, this makes me sad but they're too small) KMW 2010 (31x34) SEXSC02 (32, 33) Nudie Masa (31) LVC 1947 501 (32x34) Flat Head 5100 (28 or 29, way too small) Dior MIJ 21cm (30, 31) Rag and Bone RB11? black (30?) 11 pairs. Even scarier when it's all typed out like that, and most are NWT. I need to stop being lazy and get this stuff up in B&S. I have a bad habit of buying jeans, deciding I don't like the fit, and then letting them sit in my closet. If anyone is interested in any of the above, send me a PM. Hopefully it'll motivate me [​IMG]
    Why did you go tts with Dior Homme? You should be a 27 or 28 if your waist is 30/31

3. dcg

dcg Senior member

Why did you go tts with Dior Homme? You should be a 27 or 28 if your waist is 30/31

Don't think the thighs would fit. This is what the 30s looked like when I tried them on:

[​IMG]

You want to see me try a 27? [​IMG]

4. breakz

breakz Senior member

So I keep tinkering around with my next denim purchase.

I'd like the APC NS fit (or similar, maybe slightly larger thighs) without the NS sizing hassle and with higher-quality denim.

What's the answer here? KMW 1980s?

5. bcx

bcx Senior member

Does SDA 105 come in black and if so where can I get them?

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Yes!! Scored the last pair of the FH SE05BSP in my size. I felt like a fucking eight year old scoring tickets to see Hanna Montana. Yay me.

So I keep tinkering around with my next denim purchase.

I'd like the APC NS fit (or similar, maybe slightly larger thighs) without the NS sizing hassle and with higher-quality denim.

What's the answer here? KMW 1980s?

Just got some of the Warehouse Dubbleworks 660. Three days in them and they're already my favorite jeans. Think NS but real damn STF denim. These are sweet. Skull quality denim, a bit gritty at first but really softening with some amazing fade potential. Nice details, fit is almost exactly like NS but without the superstretch.
    The latest batch is one size larger than BiG's size chart (but they have a mix of old and new). Call and ask for sizing. trust me - these rock.
    You can also check out the Skull 5507, which I'm also considering as a NS alternate. Love me sum Skulls.

Did you try asking Gordon at BiG??

Don't think the thighs would fit. This is what the 30s looked like when I tried them on:

[​IMG]

You want to see me try a 27? [​IMG]

Yeah, you try a 27 and I'm not sending you any cheesesteaks for a while.

7. dcg

dcg Senior member

Not that I'm aware of.

Yeah, you try a 27 and I'm not sending you any cheesesteaks for a while.

[​IMG] Yeah, seems your waist is about an inch smaller than mine but if your thighs are 19", I've got you by 4" there.

Congrats on the flatheads! Mine are size 31; haven't soaked yet but I'm wondering if I should have gone with 30s. I'd like them on the tighter side in the top block/ass. I hear 3000 series denim shrinks like crazy and doesn't stretch much, so hopefully I'll be good.

8. scb

scb Senior member

You're a good man!
    This means selling:

KMW AWA (30, this makes me sad but they're too small)

measurements?

9. dcg

dcg Senior member

measurements?
    Tag: 30x32 waist: 15.5 across the back hem: 8.5 thigh: 12.4 inseam: 32.75 front rise: 10.5 rear rise: 15.25 They're #7 of 50.

10. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

[​IMG] Yeah, seems your waist is about an inch smaller than mine but if your thighs are 19", I've got you by 4" there.

Congrats on the flatheads! Mine are size 31; haven't soaked yet but I'm wondering if I should have gone with 30s. I'd like them on the tighter side in the top block/ass. I hear 3000 series denim shrinks like crazy and doesn't stretch much, so hopefully I'll be good.

Yeah, well, thigh size doesn't always mean anything, y'know.

I'm usually a 30/31 in most. I'm also wondering about my new score. Got the 32 which should shrink to 30.5. On the money, I hope. Need that slim top block too, which is a toughie for me and my clearly inferior thighs ;-)

11. dcg

dcg Senior member

Yeah, well, thigh size doesn't always mean anything, y'know.

I'm usually a 30/31 in most. I'm also wondering about my new score. Got the 32 which should shrink to 30.5. On the money, I hope. Need that slim top block too, which is a toughie for me and my clearly inferior thighs ;-)

Yeah, that's the FH model that's shrinks below tag size, right?

Smaller thighs would make buying denim (all pants, really) a lot easier for me.

12. altemp

altemp Senior member

Problem with very skinny thighs and calves is that any pants that don't taper to a 6.8-7.2 just look too loose (at least for me). Sucks when you want to wear some nicer denim like samurai when every model is too loose looking.

13. breakz

breakz Senior member

Thanks for the help mlyngard. Went with the APC NSs anyway...I REALLY like the silhouette at that price. [​IMG]

14. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Problem with very skinny thighs and calves is that any pants that don't taper to a 6.8-7.2 just look too loose (at least for me). Sucks when you want to wear some nicer denim like samurai when every model is too loose looking.

Ain't that the truth. I've had to pass over so many great jeans for that reason. 7.5 to 7.25 is my magic number there. I guess it's just as elusive if you have skinny legs or not.

Thanks for the help mlyngard. Went with the APC NSs anyway...I REALLY like the silhouette at that price. [​IMG]

Cool man. Good luck with those.

15. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

hmm so are you assuming that those with big calves and thighs can only look good with big leg openings(8-8.5) ?