1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. levi

levi Member

Knowing that this board is dedicated to jeans, i thought i might come here.
    I saw this fit and really liked it, and i was wondering if anyone could tell me something that comes close to it.
    I'm interested in the fit kanye's wearing in this photo.
    http://theshoegame.com/wp-content/up...nye-west-2.jpg
    I'm 28x28, and i was wondering what size i should get and what brand/fit i should get to get this look.
    Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks.

2. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior member

Knowing that this board is dedicated to jeans, i thought i might come here.
    I saw this fit and really liked it, and i was wondering if anyone could tell me something that comes close to it.
    I'm interested in the fit kanye's wearing in this photo.
    http://theshoegame.com/wp-content/up...nye-west-2.jpg
    I'm 28x28, and i was wondering what size i should get and what brand/fit i should get to get this look.
    Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks.

Knowing kanye, they're probably Diors - that's pretty much all he wears. i'd venture a guess that they're 19cm blacks, and look about tts or down one. imo not how diors are supposed to fit at all.

3. levi

levi Member

Knowing kanye, they're probably Diors - that's pretty much all he wears. i'd venture a guess that they're 19cm blacks, and look about tts or down one. imo not how diors are supposed to fit at all.

i mean would you know any jeans that are affordable like levis that come close to that?
    i was think 501's, and size up the inseam from 28x28 to 28x32
    i'm not sure though, what do you guys think?

4. greens11

greens11 Active Member

Is anyone familiar with the sizing for Levi's Capital E Hesher Bootcut? I know that they are low rise (10" rise) and will stretch. With a true waist of 34.5-35, should I get the 34 or 33?

5. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

http://theshoegame.com/wp-content/up...nye-west-2.jpg That's the actual link (working). Those aren't DH though

6. levi

levi Member

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I can't wait to see who replies ;-)

What is that supposed to insinuate? I looked around the forums for a bit but didn't find anything.

I'm really sorry. I just realized that sounded totally assholish. My apologies.

People tend to be real purists here about jeans. I am too. Anything that deviates from the typical 5-pocket format is usually given a pretty harsh review.

I was being sarcastic because anyone who knows the jeans or has them will probably be teased.

Just the nature of this forum.

On that note, I've never seen jeans that fit your description.

8. Foxtrot56

Foxtrot56 Senior member

I need news jeans but I have no idea where to start. I am trying to improve my whole wardrobe from American Eagle and skater brands since I think I am a little too old for that. So where do I go from here?

My biggest problem right now is that I am in Korea and I have big man legs but I wear size 31/32 jeans so finding jeans is always a little difficult. What brands should I check out? Would it be worth trying to buy a used/highly discounted pair of jeans that I think might fit from the internet? Also what makes it worth buying more expensive jeans? My American Eagle jeans have lasted a couple years and still look decent although they are getting close to being replaced but they were only $30.

9. hypnos123

hypnos123 Well-Known Member

Anyone has problem with the backrise of the jeans not "contouring" to the back of your waist? As in when I sit down the back of the jeans totally detaches from my backwaist, which is very fucking annoying because 1) the undergarments that I tug into my jeans come off and 2) i'm showing my tightie whitie as a result. Don't think the waist is too big because I've def sized down and and it fits snug in the front. Would it be better after a soak? Jeans still hasn't seen water yet.

10. scb

scb Senior member

picked up some s5000vx 17 oz yesterday from BiG. hoping I went with the right size, they might be a bit small....even with a quick cold soak, the knee shrunk a bit more than I hoped

they look awesome, though

11. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I need news jeans but I have no idea where to start. I am trying to improve my whole wardrobe from American Eagle and skater brands since I think I am a little too old for that. So where do I go from here?

My biggest problem right now is that I am in Korea and I have big man legs but I wear size 31/32 jeans so finding jeans is always a little difficult. What brands should I check out? Would it be worth trying to buy a used/highly discounted pair of jeans that I think might fit from the internet?

In order to get more specific advice, can you provide a price point? Typically, you'll recieve the 'try APC/3-Sixteen/Naked & Famous' response, which are all respectable starter dry denim (from what I hear and have experienced).

But if you have the time and the patience, and aren't averse to the idea, you'll see a great return on the investment if you save now and look at buying some $200+ jeans. Used is a great way to start and there a great deals to be had (me! vvv), although you miss out on the 'break in'/shrinking experience.

For your fit, I'd take a look at straight-leg tapered jeans and amything that's a reproduction of Levis 1966, or 1947 cuts, which many Japanese companies do (including Levis high-end selvage).

Blue in Green has a number of lines that do this, as does SelfEdge.

PS - get a tailor's tape measure and measue the waist and other dimensions of the best fitting jeans you have (wast/rise/thigh/knee/leg opening). Don't vary much more than .5" from any of those dimensions for your first pair, unlesss you want to experiment.

See this link on how to measure:

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...d=30&Itemid=41

picked up some s5000vx 17 oz yesterday from BiG. hoping I went with the right size, they might be a bit small....even with a quick cold soak, the knee shrunk a bit more than I hoped

they look awesome, though

Hot soak them now and get ALL the shrinking done and over with. You can't judge 'til you do that, and it would be a shame to sell now before you've given them a chance.

Then wear them two weeks or so. You may be pleasantly surprised. Those are a snug fit, but Samurai stretch well, especially at the knee.

12. baba booey

baba booey Senior member

I picked up the Helmut Lang Indigo Raw jeans in a size 33 from the Gilt Sale. I normally wear a size 32 in everyday stuff like J. Crew or Gap. Will the Helmut Raw's stretch, if so how much? The jeans fit now and measure a true 33" in the waist (measure 16.5" across the waist flat). I am just concerned that they will stretch out to be too big. I want to keep the dark look of the jeans so I do not plan on washing them at all only dry clean once in a while. Any advice?

13. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Anyone has problem with the backrise of the jeans not "contouring" to the back of your waist? As in when I sit down the back of the jeans totally detaches from my backwaist, which is very fucking annoying because 1) the undergarments that I tug into my jeans come off and 2) i'm showing my tightie whitie as a result. Don't think the waist is too big because I've def sized down and and it fits snug in the front. Would it be better after a soak? Jeans still hasn't seen water yet.

Yes, I experience this issue also. Very annoying.

14. adidasaj

adidasaj Active Member

Sounds like you sized right for current batches, but not for the ones you got. I'd sell and try again with another 32, or actually, a 31 (I'm usually a starting 30 waist, post-shrink, and mine needed a little stretching to get that). Stretch will happen, but you can't shrink yours more than you have, probably..

They're brand new though... so they are the current batch.

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/me...-kaedama-jeans

They're the Evisu Heritage Spring09 No1 Specials described in their blog
    http://www.evisu.com/blog/

They're 32 tag size and definitely 32 after shrinking.

Before the soak they were huge. I'm talking 34 or 35.

Maybe the tag size being the after-soak-size is new? Perhaps they simply had too many people buying the wrong size in past years, so with Spring09 they wanted to streamline/simplify the sizing process.

15. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

They're brand new though... so they are the current batch.

http://shop.evisu.com/collections/me...-kaedama-jeans

They're the Evisu Heritage Spring09 No1 Specials described in their blog
    http://www.evisu.com/blog/

They're 32 tag size and definitely 32 after shrinking.

Before the soak they were huge. I'm talking 34 or 35.

Maybe the tag size being the after-soak-size is new? Perhaps they simply had too many people buying the wrong size in past years, so with Spring09 they wanted to streamline/simplify the sizing process.

^ That's entirely possible (which I think may possibly explain the Warehouse Dworks jeans sizing changes I mentioned)

Tell me again how you soaked these? How hot? How long? Once or twice?

PS that's so weird, because mine were a tagged 31, and they were barely 31 when raw. I almost sent them back, but gave them a try. That's waay too much of a difference from one lot (although I've seen big discrepancies before). Your 32s should have been about 32.5 raw.

The up-2 advice you got is on the money for the jeans I recieved. It's a small possibility that you got an older batch. That's my only guess.