Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

That's Dior Homme

2. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Thanks again. I'll start saving and maybe by the time I get these APCs where I want them I'll spring for those Evisus (so, so, sweet). Will be sure to call wherever I order from and ask for sizing guidance.

3. KBW

KBW Senior member

That's Dior Homme

damn...looked them up and many were going for $700 plus. A used pair on ebay that looked like shit were still asking $300 [​IMG]

4. KitAkira

damn...looked them up and many were going for $700 plus. A used pair on ebay that looked like shit were still asking $300 [​IMG]
    The plain models (blue and black raw 19/21cm) can be had at Barneys for $300 something, if you're lucky they may be on sale in the upcoming 40% off. IMO though, there are other brands which have ripped off the Dior cut and make comparable jeans, DH really shines in their waxes and washes.

5. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Can someone tell much stretching to expect in the waist / top block? Should a person size down one or go TTS?

Anyone? Whodini?

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Anyone? Whodini?
    My rb jeans have stretched out normally. FWIW, I always go my usual size.

7. KBW

KBW Senior member

The plain models (blue and black raw 19/21cm) can be had at Barneys for $300 something, if you're lucky they may be on sale in the upcoming 40% off. IMO though, there are other brands which have ripped off the Dior cut and make comparable jeans, DH really shines in their waxes and washes.

I sadly live nowhere near a Barneys but may need to do a trip for Christmas shopping. Any idea when their 40% off sale occurs?

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I sadly live nowhere near a Barneys but may need to do a trip for Christmas shopping. Any idea when their 40% off sale occurs?

Debate on this in the Sales PSA thread.

9. KitAkira

Not sure what is being discounted yet but Magician says tomorrow, when I went today the SA was on the phone doing presale orders. May be able to do that and have them hold it until you can go there. As I said though, DH denim isn't the bee's knees but the cut is fawned over. Look at Louisaviaroma and Browns fashion to see their more expensive and nice wax treated and whatnot

10. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Debate on this in the Sales PSA thread.

Do you have a link to the Sales PSA thread? Tried searching, but not sure which one it is.

11. KitAkira

The official sales alert thread and also the thread started by Magician in B&S

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Dior denim sucks. It's non selvage, feels comparable to denim half the price- maybe worse, rips easily, blows out easily.

With that said, if you had even the smallest penchance for Dior- get it, there is no substitute. The little dart on the back is probably the best backpocket design ever, I only prefer that to a blank pocket. Nothing quite drapes and fits like Dior denim- and it fades beautifully over time. Whereas a lot of these Japanese Repro brands are notorious fast faders (Flathead, Eternal, Skull) or unfadeable (Iron Heart, KMW), Dior is a nice medium, it fades yet it's much more even and not uber-contrasty. Fade patterns resemble APC- but they fade into a beautiful light-blue as opposed to the shit stain/rust colored hue of APC.

13. KitAkira

Dior denim sucks. It's non selvage, feels comparable to denim half the price- maybe worse, rips easily, blows out easily. With that said, if you had even the smallest penchance for Dior- get it, there is no substitute. The little dart on the back is probably the best backpocket design ever, I only prefer that to a blank pocket. Nothing quite drapes and fits like Dior denim- and it fades beautifully over time. Whereas a lot of these Japanese Repro brands are notorious fast faders (Flathead, Eternal, Skull) or unfadeable (Iron Heart, KMW), Dior is a nice medium, it fades yet it's much more even and not uber-contrasty. Fade patterns resemble APC- but they fade into a beautiful light-blue as opposed to the shit stain/rust colored hue of APC.
    Just because denim isn't selvedge does not mean that it's bad denim (and they actually have 2 raw selvedge jeans), and I said the raw denim isn't spectacular. The waxed denim is unequaled by any though, and that's why most people buy DH jeans, I don't know of anyone but you who would pay the premium for the scar. And the indigo raws fade in a normal time frame whereas the black raws are notoriously hard to fade, harder than many other brands

14. seany

seany Senior member

I love how my denim honeycombs, and whiskers and stuff have some nice creasing and folds but have no fades yet.

But if you turn the jeans a certain way under a light room, you can see the fadeing coming through.

Just a pretty cool thing I never noticed before (btw first time raw denim owner so yeaa)

15. KitAkira

Just wait until the first wash and then they'll bloom. I love the "inverse" fades on my xx-010s though, so cool