I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

how much length will i lose from creasing? I need my 1980s to be hemmed but I'm not sure how much.
    [shrinkage+stacks/cuffs not factored in] i don't usually compensate for creasing cuz you only lose 1-1.5 inches while the creases are all stiff like an accordion. but, you gain most of the inches back when the denim softens up and drapes.

2. Arms_Akimbo

Arms_Akimbo Senior member

Is there a rule of thumb about extra length to leave for stacking? I remember reading 2", confirm/deny?

3. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Is there a rule of thumb about extra length to leave for stacking? I remember reading 2", confirm/deny?

Depends on the leg opening and tightness below the knee?

I personally don't like more than 2", because of flare on the lower leg and the way it can affect the way stacking develops behind the knee, but that's just me...

(I like how you wear your jeans in the pictures I've seen on WWN thread...seems like you don't need any advice on that one... ;-)

4. Arms_Akimbo

7.5" on some NDGs I picked up. Getting them hemmed today, to 32" I think. Long time jeans-wearer, first time stacker.

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

7.5" on some NDGs I picked up. Getting them hemmed today, to 32" I think. Long time jeans-wearer, first time stacker.

Fit pics when you can?

6. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Fit pics when you can?

Yeah, more fit pics in this thread would be great..

7. Arms_Akimbo

sarcasm? I would think I would put them in the denim thread, unless people would like pics in here for some reason.

8. breakz

breakz Senior member

sarcasm? I would think I would put them in the denim thread, unless people would like pics in here for some reason.

Give the people what they want, yo...

9. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

No sarcasm from me, bro. I'd love to see how they look.

If you're new to stacking, I'm assuming it's acceptable to post it here to ask about it. Don't want anyone jumping down your throat though...

10. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

I just got a pair of raw skinnies with a 7" hem, cuffed a couple inches but still stacking (I'm 5'6", 34" inseam). Can I get some advice on some fit pics?

11. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Can someone recommend me a really nice pair of dark, black or near-black jeans? APC NS fit me great, and that's the sort of fit/cut I'm looking for.

I've only seen the NS in black online, but I'm curious about some of the Japanese denim I've seen on the board, although I'm not sure which one's I should be checking out.

Hoping to spend under $300.

12. Arms_Akimbo

I just got a pair of raw skinnies with a 7" hem, cuffed a couple inches but still stacking (I'm 5'6", 34" inseam). Can I get some advice on some fit pics?
    Yeah, go for it. generally, stacking and cuffs looks bad. If you're 5'6" maybe go to 30" for some stacking. What's your actual inseam?

Can someone recommend me a really nice pair of dark, black or near-black jeans? APC NS fit me great, and that's the sort of fit/cut I'm looking for.

I've only seen the NS in black online, but I'm curious about some of the Japanese denim I've seen on the board, although I'm not sure which one's I should be checking out.

Hoping to spend under $300.

PBJ 005-BK, Skull 5010BK. I think the PBJ's are more tapered, but you can check the measurements at Blue in Green or Selfedge, respectively.

13. c00kz

c00kz Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I don't know, I've been cuffing all my jeans for the last 4/5 years, about an inch but never from necessity. The rise is really nice. 9 inches. I'm a 31, and these measured 14 inches across but they're not cutting into my waist. The material is rigid but pretty giving in terms of fit. The thigh measured around a 10 1/2. Sorry for the poor quality pictures. I usually buy 30" inseams but I disagree, that's way too short for stacking for me. If I pull them up and cross my legs I'm usually baring ankle.

14. seany

seany Senior member

Quick question from new raw jean owner.

Will I get fades on my knees over time even if I spent very little time acutally on my knees ?

My back pocket(wallet), and crotch are slowly getting fades.

15. Arms_Akimbo

The fit looks good, maybe hem at your cuff level? Someone else should verify, but I think as they loosen up, the stacks will start to drop. Apologies, I thought 30" might work since I'm 5'10" and I take a 30" for no stack.

[email protected]: yes, you should, especially if you bike, squat or sit a lot. IME, it's a lot of knee bending that gets the knee fades going. Wallet and crotch are usually the first to appear, be patient and the rest will come.