I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

OK thank you for your help again [​IMG]. It seems you dislike this pair of jeans based on the way the backside area is cut. What do you think of them based on the knee down i.e. the fact that they are bootcut?

Two questions:
    1) Why are you set on bootcut?
    2) How old are you and how old are you trying to look?

2. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Anyone have any experience with the stretching on the 3Sixteen 210 ST black coated jeans?

3. A Dapper Fellow

A Dapper Fellow Well-Known Member

Two questions: 1) Why are you set on bootcut?
    I am not but I want them to be long and this type seemed long as in the picture it went down to the model's heel. The second picture I posted(top of this page(504)) is in straight cut, however I prefer the colour and smooth rather than "wrinkled" texture of the first one. This was another style I liked in straight cut but it seemed shorter as you can see by the picture. I have a small waist and long legs and Diesel 28W34L and 27W34L is usually over 35 inches which I want, I know it is in the '88z' style I posted first; 34L in other jeans such as Levi are too short. There are other jeans I found with help of this forum that are straight cut and also very long(even longer than Diesel and some would require a 'hem'), but to be honest I like "Yoox" because I like the idea of cash on delivery and I also don't like the high prices for the raw denim ones with the very long inseams.
    I am 21 and there is no age I am aiming for.

4. connor

connor Senior member

^ Agreed.

Stiff dense denim needs time to settle, especially below the knee. In your case, months.

If you want stacking like on slim jeans, buy slim jeans. Look for the narrowest leg opening and knee you can find.

Otherwise, reconsider your fit, taper these at a tailor, or hem them and don't stack so much.

i dont think Ozark's fit looks bad at all. i dont even think the stacks look bad. they haven't settled at all... i'd let it be. it looks fine to me in the picture. and i wouldn't say thats a wide hem either

5. stylewithease

stylewithease Active Member

I want to buy some denimz. Slim straight fit (a little more emphasis on the slim), dark blue, nothing paper thin but not exactly the 50 oz stuff. Don't care about price since the highest I'm looking at is 300-400 dollars.

6. dmash

dmash Senior member

I want to buy some denimz. Slim straight fit (a little more emphasis on the slim), dark blue, nothing paper thin but not exactly the 50 oz stuff. Don't care about price since the highest I'm looking at is 300-400 dollars.

Flathead 3001 http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=201

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Dior Homme 19cm

8. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Dior Homme 19cm

Dior's denim feels papery- unless you just have to get the brand I would look elsewhere.

9. theom-

theom- Senior member

Yeah for the price dior isn't great. If you can get it on deep discount, maybe, but I feel there are brands that do way better things for much less.

10. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Yeah for the price dior isn't great. If you can get it on deep discount, maybe, but I feel there are brands that do way better things for much less.

It's a good fit and it's very iconic (among denimz people)- but the quality of denim is in my opinion, not even as good as APC.

11. bcx

bcx Senior member

I would also like some black jeans, but meeting the following criteria:

Waist: 30-30.5
    Front rise: 10-11
    Back rise: < 14.5
    Thigh: ~11
    Knee: ~9
    Hem: ~8.75

I've checked RB11s, Jean Shop Classic, Nudie RADS already...

Perhaps Crate James in 30?

At this point I don't even care if they're selvedge or raw as long as they fit.

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

13. bcx

bcx Senior member

Not really. I'd like more straight from knee to hem... and damn those jeans are long.

14. Ozarks

Ozarks Senior member

i dont think Ozark's fit looks bad at all. i dont even think the stacks look bad. they haven't settled at all... i'd let it be. it looks fine to me in the picture. and i wouldn't say thats a wide hem either

I am tempted to ride it out another few weeks. I just measured and the 610lx's hem is .5" wider than my APC's, and I love the way those stack. That minute of a difference doesn't seem like it would make a huge difference, but then again the denim is a bit heavier.

15. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I am tempted to ride it out another few weeks. I just measured and the 610lx's hem is .5" wider than my APC's, and I love the way those stack. That minute of a difference doesn't seem like it would make a huge difference, but then again the denim is a bit heavier.

If you keep wearing them a month they should be settled by then and if you don't like it by then you can fix it. Honestly I'd hem them as I don't think the stacking will be too flattering. You don't have to go too much but they could stand to lose a bit.