I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Yeah, about a block away from me.

2. laughwithm3

laughwithm3 Senior member

So what jeans are recommeneded in terms of quality/price ratio. not skinny , not baggy, just comfortably fitted (boot cut?) pair of jeans.

3. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

I just spilled some coffee on my unwashed Marc Jacobs raw denim. Any way to get it out without messing up the dye?

Thanks!

4. Ge Fuzz

Ge Fuzz Senior member

Edwins are good for the price. Their selvage denim is average, on par or a step up from Nudie, but the cuts and details are really what drives people to buy them.

There are all kinds of cuts, though, not just a '47.

Yeah thats what I figured decent quality, mid grade I guess?...I was specifically referring to the ed47 (of which my pic is, I guess I didn't specify that) which are obviously levis 47 inspired..I don't think I like rainbows though.

5. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I just spilled some coffee on my unwashed Marc Jacobs raw denim. Any way to get it out without messing up the dye?

Thanks!

You're going to have to (gasp) soak them. Don't worry - it won't hurt and might actually be something you should have done when you got them (sanforized or not).

Dye will be fine.

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

What is the slimmest fit jeans dior makes? I tried a pair of really slim ones and they literally fit skin tight, I have a pair of dior 19cms and some raf black coated skinnys and they looked baggy in comparison. They must have had like a 12cm leg opening. They were also substantially more then most dior jeans at about $700, either way I want them.

7. quevola

quevola Senior member

Where can I buy Rag & Bone RB15s in a size 28?

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

I'm wanting to remove the back pocket stitching on my Flathead F380's....how is the best way to go about this?

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

What is the slimmest fit jeans dior makes? I tried a pair of really slim ones and they literally fit skin tight, I have a pair of dior 19cms and some raf black coated skinnys and they looked baggy in comparison. They must have had like a 12cm leg opening. They were also substantially more then most dior jeans at about $700, either way I want them.

17.5, 19, and 21 are the different Dior cuts. Each is the hem measurement for a tagged 32 and go up/down .5cm every 2 sizes. MiJ also affects the fit, it tends to be slimmer than the MiI stuff

I'm wanting to remove the back pocket stitching on my Flathead F380's....how is the best way to go about this?

Buy a seam ripper, spend 5 min

10. breakz

breakz Senior member

So what jeans are recommeneded in terms of quality/price ratio. not skinny , not baggy, just comfortably fitted (boot cut?) pair of jeans.
    Whodini posted this slightly above your post:
    For that price range, by the way, Uniqlo is your best bet. You won't begin to see a change in "quality" until you pass the $200 level.
    I haven't broken in every SF-approved denim brand, but from handling different denim I'd definitely agree with who. It's basically two-tiered: the "entry designer" denim (nicer Uniqlo, APC, 3six, Crate, N&F) and true designer denim (5EP, RRL, KMW, Spurr, Jean Shop etc).

11. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

I should really know the answer to this question but I guess I need some help. I am looking for a pair of jeans that are straight fit, not tapered, with no arcruates on the back pockets and does not exceed $200.

I am thinking the IH634, APC Rescue, Nudie Straight Sven cut(but don't want rescues or Nudies)
    I can't get used to tapered jeans with work boots and I just got a pair of Thorogoods. I know it works on some people but I am not feeling it yet. Thanks.

12. ten ton sour

ten ton sour Member

I should really know the answer to this question but I guess I need some help. I am looking for a pair of jeans that are straight fit, not tapered, with no arcruates on the back pockets and does not exceed $200.

I am thinking the IH634, APC Rescue, Nudie Straight Sven cut(but don't want rescues or Nudies)
    I can't get used to tapered jeans with work boots and I just got a pair of Thorogoods. I know it works on some people but I am not feeling it yet. Thanks.

Naked & Famous Slim Guy. Straight leg, no arcuates, $120-130 for basic black, ~$190 for the 21oz indigo.

13. connor

connor Senior member

[​IMG]

14. connor

connor Senior member

3sixteen SL-100x

15. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

3sixteen SL-100x

Funny that you should mention the 3sixteens. I just picked up a pair yesterday hoping that they would fit the bill but they are pretty much the same as APC New Standards. Maybe I should try a larger size?