1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Studio27

Studio27 Senior member

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Size down 1 with the Nudies...I wear a 28 in APC NS and these Nudies I'm wearing (scroll up) are 29s.

They are "32" length but I measured it and it's more like 32.5"-33". It's basically the perfect length for me (see the slight stacking in the back) but I had expected them to show up in a 34" length. I'm not too upset about that part.

BTW, you guys have really confused me. I was planning to send them back. Maybe I'll just keep them and rip that dang arc out.

Man, the choices we have to make in this world...[​IMG]

You should ask Sauce to chime in with photos of his back pockets. He took the stitching off his SSDS, too. Honestly, I left my alone. All my other jeans are brand free so screw it. I'm also somehwhat tempted to leave them on until their first wash several months down the line. I think it'd make for a cool contrast.

3. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

You should ask Sauce to chime in with photos of his back pockets. He took the stitching off his SSDS, too.

Honestly, I left my alone. All my other jeans are brand free so screw it. I'm also somehwhat tempted to leave them on until their first wash several months down the line. I think it'd make for a cool contrast.

These are my thoughts exactly Who; that said, I would like to see Sauce's picked pockets. (No homo.)

4. Dekayte

Dekayte Senior member

I'm also somehwhat tempted to leave them on until their first wash several months down the line. I think it'd make for a cool contrast.

I'm interested in seeing how that turns out.

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I'm interested in seeing how that turns out.
    Me, too.

6. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Just to update...I've decided to keep them. I had a friend over hanging out and he was giving me crap for spending so much on a pair of jeans so I made him try out what he was knocking. Seeing them on someone else they didn't look that crazy...any crazier than me staring at a guy's butt wondering if I liked the back pocket design. If they still bother me after a little while I'll take a needle to these bad boys. That or I'll just give them to my friend. He wouldn't admit it but he was sold because they fit perfectly. This is a great cut.

+1 on seeing some pics of sauce's or Studio27's denim. (no homo as well)

Thanks for all the feedback.

7. Jelly or Syrup

Jelly or Syrup Senior member

i wear size 28 in APC NC. would a a Size 28 waist in Nudie Thin Finn (dry black) fit? do they strech much?

8. Studio27

Studio27 Senior member

RRDG With Flash: [​IMG] No Flash: [​IMG] Back Right Pocket: [​IMG]

9. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

Wow, you can't see any indication at all arcuates were once there. I thought there would be a little indication. Maybe Whodini's will and that might actually be kind of neat.

10. onion

onion Senior member

RRDG

Sooooo much better!

11. Studio27

Studio27 Senior member

the stitching is kind of annoying towards the middle with all the crossovers and on the edges. If you do it, flip the pockets out and rip the threads there. then you can more or less pull on the outside and it pops out. there are a few residual threads on the edge of the pockets where it wraps underneath the sides, but it doesn't bother me and it's not easy to see.

12. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

Here is a rather embarassing predicament I'm in now:

I'm one month of daily wear into my beloved APC NS and two days ago while I was eating ice cream, I clumsily let some drop on the lap/crotch area.

At the moment the spot looks faded away (erm... yeah about that). Is there anything I could do to remove it without washing? Or keep wearing and hope that it fades away?

13. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

^^this requires a picture. I hope you really meant ice cream when you said ice cream.

14. socaldodger

socaldodger Active Member

Hi,

I was suppose to get my first raw denim jean about a year ago but didn't. I'm now in need of jeans again so I need some suggestions.

My current jeans (4) are from R&R. The R&R henleys being the most comfortable. I also have some Gap standard fit that I got a long time ago which also happen to be very comfortable. I'm a size 34x30 (29/29.5). I have a long torso but short legs. I'm about 5'9" - 175/80lbs. I'm looking for some jeans that I could dress up or down. I don't like tight jeans. Nothing super low rise either -- something regular. Any jeans you guys could recommend me? Or brands that I should look into and or avoid? Lastly, is there any place in Los Angeles where I could try on raw denim jeans? TIA

15. Mandrake9072

Mandrake9072 Senior member

^^this requires a picture. I hope you really meant ice cream when you said ice cream.

[​IMG]

Yes I do mean ice cream.

And by request I'll get a pic up when I get the opportunity.