Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. TalkTalk

TalkTalk Member

hey - was considering getting a pair of cheap monday autobahn jeans online. they don't sell them at any of the denim retail stores around me, so i have no way to try them on.

i was looking around online and read a couple places they fit a little large around the waist, and you should size down ... can anyone verify this? does the denim stretch?

I'm usually around a 31-32 waist anyway. trying to see if i should go 31 or down to 30. i go 28 in apc.

2. garmis

garmis Senior member

looking for black denim similar to the KMW 1950 (straight cut). any recs?

3. xperii

xperii Active Member

My size 34 rescues got here today, had them hemmed up a bit and they fit nice and snug! cant wait for them to loosen up a bit [​IMG]

4. Dynasty

Dynasty Active Member

I am going to pick up some Levi 501 or 511 jeans soon. I do not want to have to soak or do any kind of special washing/break in procedures. I simply just want to wear them. Is that possible with these jeans?

When I try them on in the store, I want them to fit that way after I wash them. When I try them on and they fit well, I don't want to shrink them or anything.

5. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

I am going to pick up some Levi 501 or 511 jeans soon. I do not want to have to soak or do any kind of special washing/break in procedures. I simply just want to wear them. Is that possible with these jeans?

When I try them on in the store, I want them to fit that way after I wash them. When I try them on and they fit well, I don't want to shrink them or anything.

just dont buy shrink to fit. they will still probably shrink a little bit, though

6. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

So I just got My Marc by Marc Jacobs Selvedge jeans from Gilt and they're slightly larger than I'd like (though only slightly). Is there anyway to get them to shrink a bit? I'm a total Raw n00b so any resources you could link me to would be awesome.

Thanks

7. Aspen20

Aspen20 Active Member

I'm planning to order some Uniqlo Japanese selvedge denim --- probably the Slim Fit, Straight Jeans. I can't seem to find any info about sizing for these. I know the Uniglo selvedge jeans are sanforized, and so they should shrink, but my question is: do they stretch and are they true to size?

My true waist is 35 inches, so I was thinking of getting them in 34. Typically a 30" inseam is correct for me. Do they come in various inseam sizes?

I'm looking for jeans with a similar cut and style to the APC New Standard, but with a touch more room in the legs. Hopefully these are about right.

8. avery

avery Senior member

why don't new cures have a selvage outseam?

9. Sigmatic

Sigmatic Senior member

So I just got My Marc by Marc Jacobs Selvedge jeans from Gilt and they're slightly larger than I'd like (though only slightly). Is there anyway to get them to shrink a bit? I'm a total Raw n00b so any resources you could link me to would be awesome.

Thanks

not likely. even if they do shrink in a hot soak they'll prob just stretch back out to the size they are now, if not more.

if you can't return them for a smaller size, just flip 'em in the B&S forum and chalk it up to a learning experience. we've all been there.

10. Sigmatic

Sigmatic Senior member

why don't new cures have a selvage outseam?

they use the same denim as other APC cuts but i believe that the outseam isn't straight, so they can't keep the selvage line. if you're not going to cuff, i wouldn't worry about it.

11. pandamonium

pandamonium Senior member

Thanks

I have a similar question: I like the fit of my Slim Jims, but due to sitting in an awkward position for several hours throughout a week at a workshop, I've developed some sagging up and behind the right knee. I've only had the jeans two weeks - is there any way to get rid of this bagging? I'm also new to raw.

12. Davaeoran

Davaeoran Member

I am looking to buy a new pair of jeans, and this will be my first pair of raw denim. What's better construction, quality, fit; APC NS or LVC 1947 501 STF?

13. videogeek

videogeek Senior member

Okay, hoping I've come to the right thread...

Picked up a pair of APC NS last week and I freaking love them. Two small issues though... I spilled some kind of greasy sauce on them at dinner the other night. I know everyone says blot and let it fade, but because of the oily-ness of the sauce, it's really gotten into the fibers. It wouldn't be a huge deal except it's right on top of the right thigh, so very visible.

Second question... what do I do about the crease that's formed from where the jeans were folded and sitting on the shelf in the store? Normally, one or two washes takes care of this crease, but I don't know what to do here, and I'd hate to think I'll end up with a fade line a half inch to one side of the outside seams.

14. onion

onion Senior member

^^^ Hey you live where I do!

Anyways, I'm not sure what to do about the stain. You might try dry cleaning them. I'm not sure if it will remove it (ask them, they should know), but it won't remove indigo like a normal wash will, though it's not like washing your jeans will destroy them either.

As far as your second question, don't worry about the folds. They will go away with time, and I really doubt they will fade there.

15. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

So some idiot spilled beer on my brand new pair of Tellason raw jeans. What should I do? I haven't soaked or washed them yet.