I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. splattered

splattered Senior member

Totally retarded n00bish question here, but... how is it some peoples cuffs look really good but mine are being retarded?

I'm wearing the nudies around the house to stretch em out a bit and if i wear them with low cut shoes the cuffs just want to ride up my leg and show my socks. The Slim Jims have a 15" opening which is about the same as the APC NS i'm gonna be receiving soon... so i need to figure this out haha. I know they'd look fine with boots and high tops but the low cut shoe thing isn't working that well.

Is it just because they're new and overly stiff at the moment? They seem to fall and cuff all weird... theyre a 34 inseam and i'm a true 32 so i just turn em up once and they just hit the floor when i walk around barefoot but with shoes i cant even push em down and get them to stay lower. grrr

2. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

Totally retarded n00bish question here, but... how is it some peoples cuffs look really good but mine are being retarded?

I'm wearing the nudies around the house to stretch em out a bit and if i wear them with low cut shoes the cuffs just want to ride up my leg and show my socks. The Slim Jims have a 15" opening which is about the same as the APC NS i'm gonna be receiving soon... so i need to figure this out haha. I know they'd look fine with boots and high tops but the low cut shoe thing isn't working that well.

Is it just because they're new and overly stiff at the moment? They seem to fall and cuff all weird... theyre a 34 inseam and i'm a true 32 so i just turn em up once and they just hit the floor when i walk around barefoot but with shoes i cant even push em down and get them to stay lower. grrr

Pics will help.

3. pandamonium

pandamonium Senior member

Are Nudie Slim Jim dry broken twill raw or prewashed?

4. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Are Nudie Slim Jim dry broken twill raw or prewashed?
    Dry = raw.

5. pandamonium

pandamonium Senior member

Dry = raw.

Really? Sheesh, the sales lady told me they were prewashed. Maybe I should have gotten gotten them tighter: I only sized down by one. Do these expand as much as the APC NS or less?

6. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

Really? Sheesh, the sales lady told me they were prewashed. Maybe I should have gotten gotten them tighter: I only sized down by one. Do these expand as much as the APC NS or less?

Nothing stretches as much as APC.

7. dmash

dmash Senior member

Decided to sell the 05BSP's size 32 if anyone is interested.

8. Gutman

Gutman Senior member

Feel free to PM me any more of your bullshit. I'm saving up all kinds of worthless posts like yours for a Ken Burns documentary on not giving a fuck.

[​IMG] you number 1 funny guy

9. splattered

splattered Senior member

What Levis fit most like Nudie Slim Jims n APC NS? 514? 511?

The models on the levi site all seem a little chunky so the 514 don't look all that slim to me...

Yes, i know i can go check them out for myself but right now i can't, i just want to know which i should be looking for right off the bat [​IMG]

10. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

What Levis fit most like Nudie Slim Jims n APC NS? 514? 511?

The models on the levi site all seem a little chunky so the 514 don't look all that slim to me...

Yes, i know i can go check them out for myself but right now i can't, i just want to know which i should be looking for right off the bat [​IMG]

Slim Jims are fairly close to 514, perhaps slightly slimmer. NS is somewhere in between 514 and 511 as well.

11. obnavox3

obnavox3 Senior member

I am trying to decide between the Naked and Famous Weird Guy Deep Indigo and the 3Sixteen SL-100x Indigo. I like the looks of both and am looking for a good straight leg jean in the price range of $150-$200.

12. charliesierra

charliesierra Active Member

no, the fit isnt bad. but the issue with those will be durability. they use lower quality denim than regular levis which, by the way, i have no problem with

Yes I noticed the denim to be a little thin in the Signature series but at that cheapo price I bought several so they're easily replaced. Just wish they made a 33-34. I was mistaken in my previous post as they don't make a 32-34, which I could wear. Why is it so hard to find 33 waist size in jeans?

13. boxdiver

boxdiver Senior member

I'm 5'11 180. 32 inch waist, but with muscular legs...so sometimes I need to buy a 33 for that reason alone.

Looking to get a pair of jeans that are in the middle of dark and light, looking to spend up to $200, that will look good paired with Dark Brown Suede DB's.

14. dmash

dmash Senior member

I'm 5'11 180. 32 inch waist, but with muscular legs...so sometimes I need to buy a 33 for that reason alone.

Looking to get a pair of jeans that are in the middle of dark and light, looking to spend up to $200, that will look good paired with Dark Brown Suede DB's.

Dog, I'm 5'11, 185, 31" waist and built pretty thick. I have about 23.5" thighs right now...how big are yours?

If their about my size, you can rule out over 75% of designer jeans. No joke

15. boxdiver

boxdiver Senior member

Dog, I'm 5'11, 185, 31" waist and built pretty thick. I have about 23.5" thighs right now...how big are yours?

If their about my size, you can rule out over 75% of designer jeans. No joke

Literally the exact same size legs as you.

Are you using that 75% thing based on experience?

And what 25% should I lean toward?