I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. dmash

dmash Senior member

I just got the 32" 05BSP's from Self Edge....here's original fit pics...are these too small in the thigh too?? : ( Is that space in my crotch area ok? AHHHHHH it SUCKS buying jeans when you have a small waist and muscular legs.

I can't walk full stride...I don't know how much these will stretch though...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. splattered

splattered Senior member

Ya know what i think those look good...

3. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

those arent sanforized. why didnt you get a little larger size and hot soak them?

4. dmash

dmash Senior member

those arent sanforized. why didnt you get a little larger size and hot soak them?

because I can already pull 1.5" out at the waist....hot soak will shrink waist to make it FIT...then they will stretch an inch...

if I went with a 33...after hot soak I'd STILL have an inch left in the waist...and their going to stretch even more...

5. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

i hot soaked my stf's first to get all the shrinking out of the way, then stretched them from there. i just didnt want to go back and forth with stretching and shrinking

6. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

because I can already pull 1.5" out at the waist....hot soak will shrink waist to make it FIT...then they will stretch an inch...

if I went with a 33...after hot soak I'd STILL have an inch left in the waist...and their going to stretch even more...

I don't think those have the right cut for you. You may want to look at something more relaxed in the thigh, maybe the Flathead 3005, Oni blue, KMW 1950 or PBJ xx-003.

7. dmash

dmash Senior member

i hot soaked my stf's first to get all the shrinking out of the way, then stretched them from there. i just didnt want to go back and forth with stretching and shrinking

Yeah...IF I keep these I plan on hot soaking waist....and cold soaking the rest, then stretching from there.....

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

I don't think those have the right cut for you. You may want to look at something more relaxed in the thigh, maybe the Flathead 3005, Oni blue, KMW 1950 or PBJ xx-003.

Well I tried these first as Kiya suggested these.

9. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

[​IMG]

damn, even wesley snipes is confused

10. dmash

dmash Senior member

11. hboogz

hboogz Senior member

damn, even wesley snipes is confused

AAAAHAHA...word...

12. flesy

flesy Active Member

don't give a fuck

13. xperii

xperii Active Member

can your legs fit into a 34 after stretching? check the measurements on context's website.

if so, go for it. apc stretch a TON and don't shrink back much after a soak.

for reference I wear:
    34 in flathead f310
    32 in most nudie and prob levis

and a 30 in APC rescue - and i could prob go down one

34\t36\t12\t12\t9.5\t9.5
    35\t37\t12\t12\t9.75\t9.5
    36\t38\t12\t12.5\t9.75\t10

I took my belt off last night and went to confirm just how much room i had in there... i thought i was a 38 waist but i guess im a 36 now... that would make sense because if i made fists with both my hands and stacked them on top of one another i could fit them in my pants. i then stretched out the waistband and folded it over to make it snug, marked and measured where my fingers were and it was damn near 2 if not more inches of slack (after stretching from repeated wears)

when i laid them flat and measured across the waist it was at 22" which is way to big!! 44 inches?!?!

I figured if i went with a 35 i would have the same problem after wearing for a certian amount of time, i swear if my butt wasnt as large as it is (lol) the 36's would fall right off... they sit on my hips and i can take them off unbuttoned without any effort really...

Since i need to replace my other ones asap especially for an event next friday, I went ahead and had 34's overnighted to me... (should be here monday) so i can get them soaked and hemmed.

hope they fit...........

14. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

Which washing/drying settings should I use if I want to shrink down my jeans quite a bit. A hot soak didn't do much.

15. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Which washing/drying settings should I use if I want to shrink down my jeans quite a bit. A hot soak didn't do much.
    Whatever gives you the most heat and agitation possible. Hot machine wash (high-speed if it's an option), hot tumble dry.