I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

are you speaking of my grundle? i saw the whole collection at ikea not too long ago and spent a good but of time embarrassing the ladyfriend. there's also one called the ofelia vag. i got a laugh out of that.

i hang jeans if they're out of the rotation, mainly because i'm low on shelf space but also because i like the way it looks and it's easier to tell them apart. i got some valet rod thing from california closets that i slide the beltloops over. if they're in the midst of being worn, they end up wherever i toss them. actually, i don't really fold anything now that i think about it.

Ofelia vag? His 'n' hers 'taints'? Cute. How bright red was she?

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

she homeland security threat level red when i yelled "hey, girl, i'm gonnofelia vag" halfway across the room

3. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

I believe 2-3" below the navel is considered low rise.

Nothing wrong with caring for your jeans when it comes to hanging them up so they don't fight the natural creases/fading you get from wearing them... babying them when you wear them to make sure they dont get dirty/bloody/sweaty/gross is another matter i would think. But then i'm a n00b so whatever.

Its around 10.5". I'm 6'3" and not sure how long my torso is.

I feel like some higher rise jeans might be better for me.

[​IMG]

4. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

No art projects here. I use my very small closet space for other shit that needs to be put away and I walk on my floor.

I take care of all my things, $250 jeans or not. Some of the best craftsmen and tradespeople I know use their tools hard but also take very good care of them and laugh at the jorneyman with the sloppy toolbag. But I call people douches who use their pants as napkins too. But if hanging garments like the rest of the world qualifies me as an asshole 'art fag', then I'm happy to apply for the title.

It also helps air 'em out.

There is so much that is laughable about this but I'll leave it to people of average intelligence to sort through the mess.

5. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

I'm a douchebag for using my pants as napkins? I think that's pushing a bit too far.

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

she homeland security threat level red when i yelled "hey, girl, i'm gonnofelia vag" halfway across the room

Heh.

Buying one tomorrow.

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

There is so much that is laughable about this but I'll leave it to people of average intelligence to sort through the mess.

(nice comeback)

Where'd you grow up son? Ain't you got a mamma who taught you anything? Or a maid that picked up your shit? I stopped leaving my things on the floor when I grew out of having pimples and keeping a playboy under my bed.

If you're looking for a fight, I'll put it this way - as far as I see it, only spoiled brat rich kids seem to think that throwing their jeans on the ground buys them street cred and will break in their jeans with more worthiness because they're on the floor. You break in a pair of jeans by wearing them and making them last.

My grandmother patched my grandad's workwear until it was more stitches than fabric. But she took care of it because they were proud and had little. Surviving the depression will teach you to respect and care for the things you earn.

Do you want the dude making your jeans to give that little of a shit about them?

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Its around 10.5". I'm 6'3" and not sure how long my torso is.

I feel like some higher rise jeans might be better for me.

[​IMG]

Those your first raws?

9. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

Yeah. Overall I like it, a little baggy in the ass area but that doesnt really bother me anymore.

Its acually my first fitting jean overall so I have no idea the difference between low/mid/high rise, and I got curious as I'm 6'3", maybe mid rise for most people is low rise for me.

10. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

(nice comeback)

Where'd you grow up son? Ain't you got a mamma who taught you anything? Or a maid that picked up your shit? I stopped leaving my things on the floor when I grew out of having pimples and keeping a playboy under my bed.

If you're looking for a fight, I'll put it this way - as far as I see it, only spoiled brat rich kids seem to think that throwing their jeans on the ground buys them street cred and will break in their jeans with more worthiness because they're on the floor. You break in a pair of jeans by wearing them and making them last.

My grandmother patched my grandad's workwear until it was more stitches than fabric. But she took care of it because they were proud and had little. Surviving the depression will teach you to respect and care for the things you earn.

Do you want the dude making your jeans to give that little of a shit about them?

Listen up, Foghorn Leghorn, I never said how I deal with my jeans. My comment was alluding to how you look like a "spoiled brat rich kid" for going to fucking IKEA to buy some hook for your $250 jeans. Is my point really that hard for you to understand? Is your birth certificate kept in the hardware section at Home Depot because you're such a tool?

I have no trouble taking care of my clothes. My shirts are up on hangers, not barbed wire, and my jeans sit on top of drawers, not on a box of used condoms. My advice to people has always been to never baby their jeans because they are in fact the same type of apparel used by workers of all types around the world to get the dirtiest and hardest of jobs done day in and day out. It is their prerogative, just like it is yours, to take my opinion at face value; if you want to treat your jeans like Faberge eggs then please, don't let some stranger on the internet tell you how to run your life.

Nice story about your grandparents, like I could give fuck less about what kind of meaning you're trying to suck out of something YOU never lived through. My grandparents lived through the depression, too. Should we pit their graves against each other in an e-battle royale?

Lastly, I hope to hell that the people making my jeans realize that the garments they make are meant to be lived in; shit, I bet they add hidden rivets just because they get bored at work, huh?

Feel free to PM me any more of your bullshit. I'm saving up all kinds of worthless posts like yours for a Ken Burns documentary on not giving a fuck.

11. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

How do I get denim stainz off my unlucky natural walletz???

12. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

Listen up, Foghorn Leghorn, I never said how I deal with my jeans. My comment was alluding to how you look like a "spoiled brat rich kid" for going to fucking IKEA to buy some hook for your $250 jeans. Is my point really that hard for you to understand? Is your birth certificate kept in the hardware section at Home Depot because you're such a tool?

[​IMG]

13. lsquare

lsquare Senior member

Feel free to PM me any more of your bullshit. I'm saving up all kinds of worthless posts like yours for a Ken Burns documentary on not giving a fuck.

lol, that's the funniest line I've read all week!

14. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

I have no trouble taking care of my clothes. My shirts are up on hangers, not barbed wire, and my jeans sit on top of drawers, not on a box of used condoms. My advice to people has always been to never baby their jeans because they are in fact the same type of apparel used by workers of all types around the world to get the dirtiest and hardest of jobs done day in and day out. It is their prerogative, just like it is yours, to take my opinion at face value; if you want to treat your jeans like Faberge eggs then please, don't let some stranger on the internet tell you how to run your life.

Nice story about your grandparents, like I could give fuck less about what kind of meaning you're trying to suck out of something YOU never lived through. My grandparents lived through the depression, too. Should we pit their graves against each other in an e-battle royale?

Lastly, I hope to hell that the people making my jeans realize that the garments they make are meant to be lived in; shit, I bet they add hidden rivets just because they get bored at work, huh?

in his defense, you indirectly went after him first. you two seem to be coming from two different sets of values. so what? i can attest that coming from a poor family will make you treat your belongings differently than others might. youre absolutely right about jeans being workwear, but those who worked in them likely only had one pair and they got messed up purely out of necessity and were mended carefully. i understand that this is rarely the case today, but its really just a matter of personal preference. i know you probably dont care what i think but there are better things to get in a forum fight about

15. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

So i need to find a pair of jeans for my dad, hes 38x34 ish. Any idea where to find him some affordable jeans that dont make him look like a old geezer?

im thinkin levis or something in that range. gap selvadge?