I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

does anyone know any particular stores that sell pbj's or ironhearts in shinjuku or shibuya and also whether they accept dollars?

quite a favor to ask i know, but i'm hoping those who have been to japan can be so gracious as to sharing their experience :smile:

2. chris902

chris902 Active Member

i've read APC's aren't chaing stitched. Would I benefit from getting them chainstitched when i hem them?

What exactly do you think the benefits of a chainstitch are?

3. mimesis

mimesis Well-Known Member

Self Edge:

4. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

does anyone know any particular stores that sell pbj's or ironhearts in shinjuku or shibuya and also whether they accept dollars?

quite a favor to ask i know, but i'm hoping those who have been to japan can be so gracious as to sharing their experience :smile:

There's a PBJ (as well as Warehouse) store in Harajuku, which is walking distance from Shibuya. Hinoya in Ueno sells Ironheart.

I doubt they'd accept dollars (why would they?), just charge it or use yen.

5. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

There's a PBJ (as well as Warehouse) store in Harajuku, which is walking distance from Shibuya. Hinoya in Ueno sells Ironheart.

I doubt they'd accept dollars (why would they?), just charge it or use yen.

thanks

yeah, i was skeptical, but never hurts to ask...

well, i dunno about this forum, but definitely not the case in sufu

6. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I was just curious as to why Dior Homme MII are not as well liked as MIJ Diors.

7. chris902

chris902 Active Member

Self Edge:

Most people like roping because it gives a vintage look (I think) if you're buying a modern cut like APC then are you all that into the vintage look? It really does not make much difference at all and people will really only notice if you're cuffing them.

If you're hemming them anyway and it's going to cost you the same to get it chainstitched or just get a normal single stitch then go for it. If not then you may be better off saving that $15 or $20 or whatever chainstitching will cost you and just buying a better pair of jeans.

8. mimesis

Regardless of whether it is vintage, it looks good. So maybe it's worth the extra 15$

9. chris902

chris902 Active Member

Then stop asking for opinions and just do it.

I wouldn't spend the money on it, but they're not my jeans.

10. mimesis

What I was asking originally was whether I would benefit from chainstitching APC. That implies that I want to know if they would rope the same as other jeans that come chainstitched. Thanks for being an ass with no new information for me though.

11. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

I was just curious as to why Dior Homme MII are not as well liked as MIJ Diors.

They aren't as slim and the denim is different and fades differently.

12. chris902

chris902 Active Member

Nevermind. It's not worth getting into.

13. FLO

FLO Member

why don't you just take some measurements of those and compare them to other jeans on online stores or the jean measurement index thread here. put some work into it if you want others to help you

Oh Ok. Forgive me for thinking this was the "I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Help/Question/Recommendation Thread For Beginners)" thread.

14. Sauwan

Sauwan Senior member

Academi Denim fit question. FYI I sized down three for my APC NS's to a 29. I love the relaxed look on the Context model, but hate it on the Urbanoutfitters model. Will I be able to squeeze into a 28 and have them strech (I couldn't get into the NS 28's) or am I forced into a 30? I don't want to end up looking like that UO clown...

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Oh Ok. Forgive me for thinking this was the "I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Help/Question/Recommendation Thread For Beginners)" thread.
    I think what chrono was trying to hint at was that not a lot of people on here are going to be familiar with your ES model. You also gave a pretty vague description of the kind of fit you're looking for, especially when a pair of jeans can initially fit tight and then stretch out within 20 wears.

If you help us with a little more detail, ie measurements of the rise/thigh/hem, price range you're looking at, raw/washed, etc., then it would be a million times easier to point you in the right direction. All I'm hearing from your description is you want straight-legged jeans. [​IMG]

There's no excuse for the fucking sarcasm when a guy's telling you to help him help you, especially if you've only been here 5 mins and expect others to give you advice.

Academi Denim fit question. FYI I sized down three for my APC NS's to a 29. I love the relaxed look on the Context model, but hate it on the Urbanoutfitters model. Will I be able to squeeze into a 28 and have them strech (I couldn't get into the NS 28's) or am I forced into a 30? I don't want to end up looking like that UO clown...
    If you sized down three on your NS then you're a 32. I have no idea how you think you're going to size down 4 (or hell, 2) in another brand that isn't vanity sized to get a "relaxed" look.

You can easily size down one with Academi and I probably should have done the same. You could probably go down two but I'd be iffy about it for a few reasons, one being that I'm not sure how it'd fit compared to Context's model and another that the hardware around the fly doesn't seem to like it when you add a lot of strain to it.

I'll be honest: from the look of Context's pic, they must have sized down at least one for that fit. It doesn't even look remotely relaxed.