I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Who sells PBJ? and do they ever go on sale? nvm i found out. Only blueingreen has em? question though: can anyone tell which model jean this is on the front page (after the flash image loads). Or what color dye was the original warp / weft. Those are some intense fades http://www.purebluejapan.jp/

2. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

That would be their classic colouration seen in their 03, 04 and 05 model.

3. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

looks like these will be my next pair of jeans..
    Is the 005 their slim?

I'm guessing the 005 fits same as the 007 & 008?
    confusing as hell cus there are no fit pics.

Also, I don't think I've ever seen pictures of nice faded indigo warp + weft jeans. Anyone have pictures?

4. Sigmatic

Sigmatic Senior member

^ sooner or later, mamma bird has to push her little baby birdies out of the nest one by one. it's rough, but nobody said learning to fly would be easy.

it's the little white box at the top of the page that says "google custom search". it works. use it.

5. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

The 005 has the same fit as the 007, 0010 and ai-002. The 008 is a fuller cut.
    Unless you are dying for a very slim (especialy in the thigh area), i'd go for one of the fuller cuts, eg. the 003 (http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...art&Itemid=28).

Remember to size down.

And Sigmatic, this is the "shitty questions thread". He can ask all he wants to.

6. sushijerk

sushijerk Well-Known Member

This idea sounds really stupid but has anyone here tried microwaving their jeans? When you stick metals in a microwave all these crazy ass sparks will come out so if the microwaves hit one of the rivets it will shoot out this crazy ass shock into the jeans and it could like make cool burn fades or something.

You must have been one of those kids who thought snorting pixie stix was cool in grade school.

7. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

If you wear a pair of un-sanforized jeans that are already tight while soaking, will it still be able to shrink?
    Seems like jeans stretch more when they're wet.

Another question is, seems like jeans inevitably stretch out way more than 1" in the waist.
    So how do I see people with jeans that have like 5+ months of wear and still fit snug in the waist?
    Size down 1? 2?

8. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Jesus christ, how many fucking questions does it take, it's just a pair of jeans. You're clearly overthinking it.

9. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Jesus christ, I've asked this question about the waist issue like 3 times and every time it never gets answered so I guess I'll just keep asking.

Just a pair of jeans? it's a fuckin pair of $350+ dollar pair of jeans (considering flatheads / imperials). I don't want to waste that kind of money if it's gonna end up fitting horribly.

btw I thought japanese people were small, so how come the 005s don't come smaller than 30 waist?

10. connor

connor Senior member

Word to concerned parent. I understand you want to get your purchase just right but at some point you've just gotta buy the fuckin jeans, man. They're just pants. You'll hacve plenty of chances if you don't get these just right.

11. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Hilarious, this is like the Prince and the Pauper.

These aren't my first pair of dry denim but will be my first unsanforized if I do decide on something.
    I have 2 pairs of dry denim now and the waist both stretched out by like 2 inches but still fits fine in the leg. I don't want to keep making the same mistake.

Maybe you enjoy throwing money away but I sure don't.

12. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

I'm starting to follow the others here, DECEMBER.
    First of all, the 005 comes down to size 28, so i have no idea what you are looking at.
    Also the sanforized shrinking question has been answered more times than i'd say "al hamdu li llah" in a strip club with free bar.
    They shrink a tiny bit, and that's it.
    Also, the trend is going away from those skinhugging fits, so the whole sizing down 2 thing is a bit out.
    So.. If you go for the flatheads/imperial (dukes)/pbj 005, do yourself a favor and go true to size. Assume that they shrink to tagged size.
    That should really be it.

13. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Well on here it says tagged 28 = 30.5 http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...mart&Itemid=28 You're saying it'll shrink to a 28? Can someone please just answer my original question? That's like the last question I'll have for a week. lol
    I just don't like loose waistbands.

14. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

Yes, they will shrink. Of course they won't shrink more than your body allows them to, but they'll shrink.
    I don't really get the point though..
    And of course the 28's will shrink to a 28! It's raw denim for christs sake!

15. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

2nd part of question wasn't answered, but thanks for answering the first part. I guess PBJ's shrink an inch more than other unsanforized brands. For anyone that's qualified to answer the following question... I know it's totally over-thinking but a noob's gotta wonder... and I have a disease called "thinking too much." Question: What will happen if say someone has a size 30-31 waist, and you take 2 identical unsanforized denim that will shrink to a size 29 when soaked, and soak them with 2 different methods: 1 - With the first pair you wear while soaking, and wear till it dries. 2 - With the second pair you soak without wearing them, and hang to dry. This is what I imagine will happen: The first pair will button up, but is there a chance it'll shrink again with a second soak? The second pair will be near impossible or impossible to button up (I imagine sizing down 2 on a pair of unsanforized is out of the question). ...And the point is? Why am I even thinking about this? Well, because no one wants to tell me how to have a pair of jeans fit snug in the waist after 30 wears.