Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. el es dee

el es dee Senior member

Do people ever sit in the tub with their jawns on?

2. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

I've done it before. Usually I'll sit in there and watch an episode of How I Met Your Mother.

3. el es dee

el es dee Senior member

I've done it before. Usually I'll sit in there and watch an episode of How I Met Your Mother.
    Is that a good show to watch for sick fadezzz?

4. el es dee

el es dee Senior member

I don't have a TV in my bathroom or a tub in my TV room...am I screwed?

5. OPTiK

OPTiK Well-Known Member

What are some good brands to look into for a winter jean? I live in upstate new york so they're gonna see a good amount of salt at the bottoms. Thanks!

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Alright I can already see that raw may not be for me. I wasn't planning on machine drying since I prefer to hang stuff to dry anyway but the big thing is I don't want to ruin any furniture or clothing with dye.

Can you guys recommend some jeans that aren't raw but have the fit of APC NS or N&F weird guy?

Hold on there. There's plenty of dry denim I've owned that desn't lose indigo all over furniture/clothes/girlfriends. Seriously. Dry and unsoaked denim.

The brands that come to mind: Somet, KMW, Jean Shop and definitely APC.

White fabric or suede furniture I can't help you with (since I have no idea why anyone would have white furniture, and have no experience with that realm and don't want a lawsuit here). But the above mentioned brands didn't even shed any indigo on my hands or anything else for that matter.

7. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

KMW Rockers have a pretty forgiving top block considering how slim they are. Rise might not exactly be what you want but they're comfortable., which seems to be more what you're looking for.

^ Yeah, what aeglus said for sure. Check out the KMW 1980's too. They're much more roomy in the top block than any other slim jeans I own. Almost too much if you don't have much of an ass. Good rise too, so no crotch pinch either..

8. splattered

splattered Senior member

Are nudies bad about bleeding onto furniture? I don't really have anything light colored that i can think of... i'm more worried about wearing light colored shirts/shoes with them :p

9. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

my nudies do bleed quite a bit...

AJDH

10. OPTiK

OPTiK Well-Known Member

Are nudies bad about bleeding onto furniture? I don't really have anything light colored that i can think of... i'm more worried about wearing light colored shirts/shoes with them :p
    Mine have never bled ..unless I spill something on them, but i would never sit on anything light colored just incase.

11. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

I don't have a TV in my bathroom or a tub in my TV room...am I screwed?

Fill the tub, get in, and drop in your laptop. Sick fadeZZZZZZZZZZZ

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Get off your high horse. I'm already posting my questions in the correct threads and you still have the nerve to complain? If you don't want to answer then don't answer.
    You completely misunderstood my question

It's not my fault that you can't express yourself clearly enough the first time and then have to go back to edit yourself after I responded.

I was only curious as to if there was a standardized process (dip them in water or throw in washer, etc) and just how much indigo bleeding it eliminates, since the other guy was asking whether or not he should wash his jeans to eliminate bleeding.
    Sounds like you're still confused about what the word "soak" means. I'd recommend an exercise that will help you understand the process from the perspective of a pair of jeans.

It's real simple:
    1) Fill tub with water.
    2) Completely submerge your head under water.
    3) Fight temptation to resurface for air and embrace the ever-growing blackness you see and the burning sensation you feel in your lungs until you lose consciousness.
    4) Report back with your findings.

13. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Sounds like you're still confused about what the word "soak" means. I'd recommend an exercise that will help you understand the process from the perspective of a pair of jeans.

It's real simple:
    1) Fill tub with water.
    2) Completely submerge your head under water.
    3) Fight temptation to resurface for air and embrace the ever-growing blackness you see and the burning sensation you feel in your lungs until you lose consciousness.
    4) Report back with your findings.

[​IMG]

14. the_pole

the_pole Senior member

are acne jeans slevedge

15. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

are acne jeans slevedge
    No.