1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Brutus

Brutus Senior Member

I think the revolve link just has pictures of the wrong jean. If you look closely at the selfedge pic you can see the tag and it clearly reads the correct name.

2. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

I think the revolve link just has pictures of the wrong jean. If you look closely at the selfedge pic you can see the tag and it clearly reads the correct name.
    It must be an even steven or something that Revolve's showing unless Nudie somehow decided to change the cut to include a dramatic change in yoke. Not only do the legs appear to be fuller, but they also talk about a 9.5" rise. Don't think so.

3. evalish

evalish New Member

Hi, any ideas where i can buy some slim grey jeans with preferably a hem of less than 7"?

The NDGs look good, but I only found it in size 30 and they run small. I'm in between a true 30 to 31.

4. kronik

kronik Distinguished Member

I just ordered my pair of Common Projects white low perforated from Revolve, which they had titled "white Suede Desert Boots". I'd email their customer service as they respond pretty promptly as to what the item actually is.

5. Serg

Serg Senior Member

Hi, any ideas where i can buy some slim grey jeans with preferably a hem of less than 7"?

The NDGs look good, but I only found it in size 30 and they run small. I'm in between a true 30 to 31.

they'll stretch

6. Studio27

Studio27 Senior Member

they'll stretch

yeah, but the word is they shrink pretty seriously even though they're sanforized. It'd be a good idea to talk to someone who has a pair and get a clear picture.

If you have some, the post still applies but so does your guideline [​IMG]

7. Oxnard

Oxnard Senior Member

^^I wouldnt get the 30 in NDG greys if your a 31, as the pair that I have did shrink pretty bad after the first wash, and it really hasn't stretched back enough to accomodate this yet (thats just my case though), they also have a fairly high rise so if they are too small it can be pretty uncomfortable.

8. evalish

evalish New Member

Thanks for the responses. Guess the NDGs are officially out of my list then.

I really like the grey from April 77, but I don't think I can pull off the stick-thin look. Any other jeans with a similar shade of grey?

9. chronoaug

chronoaug Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)

serg- grey apc new cures from this spring season. you can find them on the APC store and i think there was another store that was carrying them. Maybe Blackbird or Nomad. I could be wrong though.

10. onion

onion Distinguished Member

Does someone have the measurements for the APC Cure's? (NOT the New Cure)

11. chronoaug

My 31 APC Grey Cures from a few seasons ago are about a 10-10.25" front rise, probably a 7.75 knee, 7.25" hem and a 32.5-33" waist. They're not raw though and have been washed and worn plenty.

12. FLO

FLO Member

I have a pair of earnest sewn hemmingways in a size 30. I really like the way they fit, not too loose or tight. Any recommendations on jeans with a similiar fit? And if so should I size down or up?

No suggestions?

13. buttonman

buttonman Senior Member

no familiarity with hemmingways, well, at least for me

14. chronoaug

No suggestions?

why don't you just take some measurements of those and compare them to other jeans on online stores or the jean measurement index thread here. put some work into it if you want others to help you

15. mimesis

mimesis Well-Known Member

i've read APC's aren't chain stitched. Would I benefit from getting them chainstitched when i hem them?