1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior Member

look around and you'll see that everyone here prefers raw denim. Many brands we endorse have very little branding. they'll become distressed as you distress them by wearing them.
    Brands to look out for:
    APC
    Kicking Mule Workshop
    3Sixteen
    Pure Blue Japan
    Real Japan Blues
    or go to http://www.selfedge.com/ everything they have is good.

2. Aparke612

Aparke612 Well-Known Member

I need a new pair of jeans
    I went to J Crew, Banana, Calvin Klein, and Polo today yet none of them had jeans I was really in love with, where can I get a good pair??

I wanna get some new standards but I dont have the money right now

3. ataru

ataru Senior Member

If I wear lvc 1947 501s in waist 32, should 1967 505s work in waist 30?

4. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior Member

OK, total noob here (and a guy, so noob squared). I am looking for jeans that are distressed, extremely soft, very very dark but not black, and most importantly no fades, no splashy ass patterns, no shiny stones. I have been to generic places like Nordstrom but most jeans there have fades or some metallic sheen or something non-conservative about them. Who makes stuff that is soft, dark and a bit distressed and fits like a high-end jean should? For guys, obviously.

First of all, everyone in here sans a few misfits are guys.
    Second, you want dark jeans with no fadings that are distressed? [​IMG]
    Just get a pair of APC, 3sixteen, Crates, KMW etc.
    Look around.
    And thank you for asking this question in the appropiate thread.

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Just get a pair of APC, 3sixteen, Crates, KMW etc.

Way to give an answer totally not in line with his question.

6. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior Member

Read my post, dickear.
    His question doesn't make sense in any conventional way
    "so.. raw jeans that's distressed but not faded" is the clue here.
    I'm just pointing him to where he'll eventually end and even being nice while doing it.

7. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

he didn't ask for raw jeans, he also asked for jeans that are soft which raw certainly is not

as for distressing without fading, he probably wants gently frayed edges/scratches etc. i'll admit i was a bit confused by that as well but that doesn't make your suggestions any more valid, particularly APC which is literally the exact opposite of what he asked for

8. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior Member

Oh come the fuck on.
    The guy is asking for jeans without any "non-conservative" traits. I give him that.

Now that we are at it, could you get of my back? Bitching about my post count? What next? That i've only been a member for a little more than a year where you have been here one and a half? Get the fuck out of here.
    I'm right.

9. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Oh come the fuck on.
    The guy is asking for jeans without any "non-conservative" traits. I give him that.

Now that we are at it, could you get of my back? Bitching about my post count? What next? That i've only been a member for a little more than a year where you have been here one and a half? Get the fuck out of here.
    I'm right.

i'm bitching about your post count because someone who has almost no posts getting on every fucking newbie's case regardless of if its warranted or not is ridiculous

10. whereismyshoe

whereismyshoe Senior Member

What is the fit of Dior 21cm as compared to, say, rag and bone RB15 or APC NS? I might be buying some 21cm in size 31 from someone on this forum, and love the fit of my stretched out 29 NS but the 32 r&b's are a little too full in the thighs / too big at the bottom.

11. Lel

Lel Distinguished Member

OK, total noob here (and a guy, so noob squared). I am looking for jeans that are distressed, extremely soft, very very dark but not black, and most importantly no fades, no splashy ass patterns, no shiny stones. I have been to generic places like Nordstrom but most jeans there have fades or some metallic sheen or something non-conservative about them. Who makes stuff that is soft, dark and a bit distressed and fits like a high-end jean should? For guys, obviously.

Go for the one wash from H&M, Uniqlo, or Levis 511/514. Ignore the suggestions of raw expensive denim, they are not comfortable, or soft. Raw denim is extremely stiff, in some cases so stiff that the jeans will be able to stand up by themselves. However, over time the raw denim will break in and the softness and fit will grow beyond any washed jean and they could potentially become some of the most comfortable and well fitting jeans you own.

12. cheps

cheps Member

What is the purpose of the secondary soaks prior to the first wash?

This is my first pair of raw denim. I did the original hot soak for shrinkage but when i look at the "Post Pics of the Jeans" thread, some people soak their jean 1 - 3 times prior to their fist wash.

13. connor

connor Distinguished Member

This is my first pair of raw denim. I did the original hot soak for shrinkage but when i look at the "Post Pics of the Jeans" thread, some people soak their jean 1 - 3 times prior to their fist wash.

people do periodical soaks to shrink them back up a little bit or to get rid of some excess indigo. people do soaks for a while instead of washing because it isnt so aggressive

14. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Distinguished Member

depending on manner of use and frequency, jeans get grimy and tend to stretch out a bit too much after awhile without wash. a 2nd or 3rd soak is, for those who feel they haven't laid down enough "base" [eg, whiskers, combs, etc.] to warrant a wash just yet. soaking loosens dirt and somewhat resets the jeans without having to outright wash them. there's still residual starch in the fabric and water reactivates it and makes the denim crisper and snugger when they dry up.

edit: sorry, dint see connors' post.

15. cicero79

cicero79 Senior Member

Anybody know were I could find these in 32/32? Seem to be sold out everywhere.

KMW Black Rocker

[​IMG]