I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

Here is the definitive post on roping and chainstitching: Link!

2. pokey07

pokey07 Senior member

Need some bootcut jeans. Looking for something slimmer through the leg, and a bootcut opening. Right now it's either Ande Whall Cougar Bootcut, Studio D'Artisan SD-1002, and SD-105. Any other options? Maybe even something cheaper? No nudies. I loved my RRDS, but the crotch blew out way too easily.

3. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Need some bootcut jeans. Looking for something slimmer through the leg, and a bootcut opening. Right now it's either Ande Whall Cougar Bootcut, Studio D'Artisan SD-1002, and SD-105. Any other options? Maybe even something cheaper? No nudies. I loved my RRDS, but the crotch blew out way too easily.
    5EP Low down boot edit- although i'm not sure they are available right now...

4. Surfrider

Surfrider Senior member

Aside from Flathead and APC, what other brands are generally accepted as fast faders?

5. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

^^Most Nudies, besides Average Joe Dry Heavy

6. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Aside from Flathead and APC, what other brands are generally accepted as fast faders?

Skulls seem to fade fairly fast too. I've got the light blue streaks on combs/whiskers already and it's only been a bit over a month. And I don't even wear them a whole lot either.

7. stevenvg

stevenvg Senior member

Anyone has any experience on Levis Engineered Jeans line? E.g. quality, fit, etc?

8. pokey07

pokey07 Senior member

5EP Low down boot

edit- although i'm not sure they are available right now...

Yeah, I can never find those anywhere.

Any other suggestions?

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

DJ-501XX's are japs version of RRDS [available in 14 & 15ozs]. PBJ 004s open up 2 inch from knee to hem. SDAs look best for regular to larger thighs__ 105s are RHT, while 1002s are LHT [no hidden back pocket rivets].

10. onion

onion Senior member

Well there is Levi's new line called "Imprint", which is suppose to fade extremely fast.

The ones on the left are new, the middle are 60 days old, and the right are 120 days old.
    [​IMG]

11. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Skulls seem to fade fairly fast too. I've got the light blue streaks on combs/whiskers already and it's only been a bit over a month. And I don't even wear them a whole lot either.

true. i have about 2-3 weeks of light wear on mine and the wallet fade is coming in pretty fast.

12. Surfrider

Surfrider Senior member

^^Most Nudies, besides Average Joe Dry Heavy
    Oh yeah, I forgot about Nudie. Although, because of their retarded pocket stitching and crotches that for all outward appearances seem to be designed to blowout, it was probably intentional.
    Well there is Levi's new line called "Imprint", which is suppose to fade extremely fast. The ones on the left are new, the middle are 60 days old, and the right are 120 days old. [​IMG]
    Interesting. Although I have to say, those are some pretty unattractive -- almost artificial-looking -- fades. I wonder if that was due to the jeans themselves, or if it was due to the wearer. Also, here's what the website says (emphasis mine):
    Yeah, you guys have made a real fucking breakthrough alright. I can't wait to see how "truthful" my jeans will be. [​IMG] Still, they might be an interesting experiment, wearing them in situations where you'd not want to wear your expensive Japanese denim for fear of fucking it up (when painting, for example, or working on one's car/bike, butchering a large animal, et cetera). I feel towards these as I do Gap's raw denim, I think.

13. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Please critique these (try to ignore the wrinkled shirt- it's new.)

[​IMG]

14. cabinfever

cabinfever New Member

looks like you hit a heater and are currently breaking even.

I'm currently wearing levi's 559 relaxed straight fit, 33/32. I'm 5'11" 170ish with normal atheletic legs. They are comfortable, but kinda baggy/shapeless. I don't know if I'm at the point where I'm ready to try raw jeans, (tho APC does look good on people in the WAYWTT) but would like something that fits more form-fitting/slimmer without feeling really constricted when moving. Can you recommend some stuff I should go try on?

15. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Looking to see if anyone has ventured into this territory, and might have a review, fit overview, pictures, etc. Measurements/sizing info would be helpful. These don't seem to appear on Levi's online store.

I can't handle the 12" rise on 501's now that I've ventured into KMW and Somet territory. And at $265, the jeans are only available in rinsed (shame). But still...

http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...3639/13639.jsp
    [​IMG]