I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. FLO

FLO Member

I have a pair of earnest sewn hemmingways in a size 30. I really like the way they fit, not too loose or tight. Any recommendations on jeans with a similiar fit? And if so should I size down or up?

2. WilliamTell

WilliamTell Well-Known Member

Has anybody treated the Levi 501 STF as selvedge, i.e., not washed them for ~6 months?

Also, has anybody had experience with the actual Rigid Selvadge version of the 501's?

And which company in the selvedge universe has the best reputation for all around durability?

3. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Has anybody treated the Levi 501 STF as selvedge, i.e., not washed them for ~6 months?

Also, has anybody had experience with the actual Rigid Selvadge version of the 501's?

And which company in the selvedge universe has the best reputation for all around durability?

1) search. 2) search. 3) See steps 1 and 2. Have a nice meal, maybe a glass of hearty wine, go for a smoke (if such is your pleasure), and then return to the computer. Search again.

4. WilliamTell

1) search.
    2) search.
    3) See steps 1 and 2. Have a nice meal, maybe a glass of hearty wine, go for a smoke (if such is your pleasure), and then return to the computer. Search again.

The following errors occurred with your search:
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I'm sorry, completely my fault. I thought maybe this was The Ultimate Jean Help/Question/Recommendation Thread For Beginners.

Were those questions seriously too much too ask?

5. cristeza

cristeza Senior member

6. whodini

The following errors occurred with your search:
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I'm sorry, completely my fault. I thought maybe this was The Ultimate Jean Help/Question/Recommendation Thread For Beginners.

Were those questions seriously too much too ask?

Did you just give up when you searched for "STF"? I'll wager you did. Try searching under the Google feature in the search function.

That takes care of 1 & 2. Part 3 is like asking, "What kind of car has the best engine." You're going to get a million different answers if you don't try to do the research yourself.

Stick around. 99% of the time a question like this has been answered, usually ad nauseum.

It's not a lot to ask except when you really just give up and want people to do the legwork for you. I almost posted the Google links but I think that's where I draw the line on "help." If AFTER you've done your research you still need help, we'll be more than happy to field questions.

7. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

Does anyone recommend i keep my new pair of Dry Bones Red D or trade them in for the upcoming SexFH05?

8. WilliamTell

I apologize, with research I was able to find answers for questions 2 and 3, apparently the selvadge is poor quality, and I'll leave off on asking about durability until I have the cash to drop on Iron Hearts or Samurais.

However, I wasn't able to find any results for unwashed 501 STF's, so I'd like to let that one stand.

9. whodini

I apologize, with research I was able to find answers for questions 2 and 3, apparently the selvadge is poor quality, and I'll leave off on asking about durability until I have the cash to drop on Iron Hearts or Samurais.

However, I wasn't able to find any results for unwashed 501 STF's, so I'd like to let that one stand.

Good. Glad you found your answers. Several people have worn standard 501s as dry denim. User Blackcherry comes to mind. Levi STFs, regardless of being selvage or not, will fade like anything else after repeated wearing.

10. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

all jeans will fade regardless if it's selvedge or even raw. just wear it hard and long enough and you'll get something, though not to the degree of raw jeans

someone must've said this a long time ago...

11. buttonman

buttonman Senior member

Does anyone recommend i keep my new pair of Dry Bones Red D or trade them in for the upcoming SexFH05?

i would, it seems like every one on this board wants to get their hands on these. i'm sure dry bones will be making more of them so get your hands on something limited

12. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Senior member

There's also a Levi's thread dedicated to Levi's related questions. You could try there.

13. beano

beano Member

I saw those jeans, they're not bad but they pretty much look like the 3001 but with a tapered leg. and I don't know if all the minor details that the sexfh05 has is worth the extra 150 over the regular 3001. but whatevs, if you got the funds go hard buddy.

14. converge

converge Senior member

I'm a 28" waist in Nudie Slim Jims and Thin Finns. What would the KMW Rocker equivalent size be? Also, how would they compare in terms of fit?

15. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Ok i really really want a pair of Dior hommes. This would be my first slim type jean. I am used to bootcut jeans. Which one you think is the best one to get? How is the fit? Are they TTS or do I size down? My measured waist is 30. Lastly where is the best place to buy them for the cheapest price? I would have posted this on that superfuture site but there not taking and more registrations.