I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

i fucking suck at stacking. i'm working with skulls here and i see all these pics of squishy pancake stacks but mine just flop around and billow in places. wtf am i doing wrong?
    Wear them for a week and the stacks will settle in. They're going to look goofy until then so don't worry much about it. Just wear them.
    it's a fucking Q
    and it's fucking tacky

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

stylesmurf you should throw out those jeans you love a lot because there is a Q on the back pocket, from now on dress only in black and avoid any semblance of visual interest whatsoever

alternatively if they are size 28 just give them to me

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Alternatively, invest in a seam ripper and spend some time ripping that and the metal patch off.

4. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

I don't get it.
    I know we should try to enourage people to try new stuff, but why do a 180 and approve of something that is, in all it's glory, tacky?

He did ask after all, didn't he?

And he asked us.

5. Brinbro

Brinbro Senior member

Tacky. Euro-trashy or 'urban.'

6. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

Actually the metal tag is mounted (WITH cool flathead SCREWS!!!) onto the leather patch. So very easy to remove. First time I've seen anything like it. The Q would be more of a pita to remove. I will ponder more upon it. Thanks for all the opinions (esp Uncontrol), really appreciate it. And sorry they are a size 32 lol [​IMG]

7. Aquarillis

Aquarillis New Member

I need some reccomendations for a raw straight leg pair of denim please.

8. pokey07

pokey07 Senior member

I'm looking for a slim straight pair of jeans. I would like the hem to be around 8.5". I want them to fit comfortably around a boot for winter, but also not be too wide that I can't also wear with sneakers.

I'm also looking for a boot that would look good with an 8.5" hem lol. Gentleman Travelers?

edit: I'm trying to keep the jeans around $150, and the boots around $200 (maybe a little more). Katahdin's seem like a maybe, I just don't like the cap toe.

edit #2: Would anyone recommend the Slim Guy Super Heavy Selvedge? 21 oz might be too much? I don't know, but my ass sweats a lot even in 12oz...

9. theom-

theom- Senior member

^^^ What waist size are you? 8.5 could be really baggy depending on the waist size.

10. Ohhai

Ohhai Senior member

I'm looking for a slim straight pair of jeans. I would like the hem to be around 8.5". I want them to fit comfortably around a boot for winter, but also not be too wide that I can't also wear with sneakers.

I'm also looking for a boot that would look good with an 8.5" hem lol. Gentleman Travelers?

edit: I'm trying to keep the jeans around $150, and the boots around $200 (maybe a little more). Katahdin's seem like a maybe, I just don't like the cap toe.

edit #2: Would anyone recommend the Slim Guy Super Heavy Selvedge? 21 oz might be too much? I don't know, but my ass sweats a lot even in 12oz...

Epaulet's new boots look sharp

http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/t...rsehide/Detail

11. pokey07

pokey07 Senior member

^^^ What waist size are you? 8.5 could be really baggy depending on the waist size.
    32-33. My Crate James are tapered to 8.5 and I think it looks pretty good. Those Epaulet boots look great actually. They look a little bulky, but I really like those.

12. TxdoHawk

TxdoHawk Senior member

With new pairs of jeans, is it better to wash first and get the shrinkage out of the way, then wear them to stretch...or wear them as long as you can before washing, in regards to getting them comfortable as soon as possible?

13. socialdtk

socialdtk Senior member

I'm planning on purchasing my first pair of APC New Standards tomorrow and was curious as to what size to get. I've heard that normally you take your true waist size and size down 2-3 times. Does that mean if my true waist is 32 inches I should buy size 29-30 or should I size down two actual waist sizes to 27-28?

14. aims

aims New Member

Alright, so i bought new pair of jeans... I know starch can keep it stiff... but is there anyway to keep/restore the dark color that new crisp jeans usually have?

15. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

No. Get over it.