1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. choptreesv

choptreesv Senior member

Actually for me i feel like my 1950's back pockets are much lower. so much so that i feel like im sitting on my wallet all day at work so i just take it out when ive got them on.

2. onion

onion Senior member

5EP LDB Dry or Nudie RRDS Dry? Which is the better choice?

5ep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. vesses

vesses Senior member

I need a new pair of (very) dark jeans, on the slim side but not tight, and not bootcut.
    I have a couple pair of nudies, and APCs, what do you recommend?

4. Brutus

Brutus Senior member

I need a new pair of (very) dark jeans, on the slim side but not tight, and not bootcut.

Iron Heart 9634 Super Straight Black

5. vesses

vesses Senior member

i dont want to go black, very dark indigo

6. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

KMW 1980.

7. vesses

vesses Senior member

do they fit true to size?

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

do they fit true to size?

yep.

9. PG2G

PG2G Senior member

I don't know if I'd go KMW if you want a really dark indigo. I think the natural indigo is a bit lighter than a lot of the synthetics out there.

10. mtgguy777

mtgguy777 Well-Known Member

How often would you guys recommend soaking jeans? They're starting to smell and they've stretched a lot but its only been a little under a month (I've worn them every day for the past month, even slept in them for about a week).

Also, should I add detergents? And should I sit in my jeans while they soak or should I just leave them in there and for how long?

Sorry for the questions, still don't understand everything yet.

11. socaldodger

socaldodger Active Member

Where can I purchase some APC NS jeans around or in the SGV? Denimbar doesn't have a 32.

12. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Where can I purchase some APC NS jeans around or in the SGV? Denimbar doesn't have a 32.

grey one in pasadena used to carry them, barneys at the grove or south willard might have them as well.

13. socaldodger

Thanks drizzt. I'll give Grey One a call. I just ripped my jeans so I need some today.

Edit: I should size down 2 sizes correct? So get a 32 if I'm a 34?

14. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Thanks drizzt. I'll give Grey One a call. I just ripped my jeans so I need some today.

Edit: I should size down 2 sizes correct? So get a 32 if I'm a 34?

Yeah, that's what I would do.

15. somatoform

somatoform Senior member

Anyone know what the final word on thigh stretch is for Nudie and APC models? If a jean is significantly tight in the thigh but alright in the waist, will the thigh give enough to make a significant change or will the change be so minimal that it wouldn't make much of a difference?

16. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Anyone know what the final word on thigh stretch is for Nudie and APC models? If a jean is significantly tight in the thigh but alright in the waist, will the thigh give enough to make a significant change or will the change be so minimal that it wouldn't make much of a difference?

Generally the thigh will stretch out a decent amount. Some nudie models stretch a whole lot, especially the ecru embo fabric.

17. socaldodger

Yeah, that's what I would do.

Thanks for the reply. Grey one doesn't have them. Where can I get them online besides denimbar? Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to these kind of jeans.

18. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Thanks for the reply. Grey one doesn't have them. Where can I get them online besides denimbar? Sorry for all the questions but I'm new to these kind of jeans.

tobi.com has them, but you have to call them. I'm pretty sure you can get them at Barneys, but the price might be more than at other retail stores. South Willard has them in store for $155, I believe.

19. whacked

whacked Senior member

ShopDeTour has your size also:
    http://www.shopdetour.com/pc/apc-new...%28RAW%29.html

Seems like the owner also posts here, you might want to PM him for more details.

20. socaldodger

tobi.com has them, but you have to call them. I'm pretty sure you can get them at Barneys, but the price might be more than at other retail stores. South Willard has them in store for $155, I believe.

Thanks for the reply. Do you by any chance know if they only come in a 35 inseam? I don't have very long legs.lol. My inseam is 30.

ShopDeTour has your size also:
    http://www.shopdetour.com/pc/apc-new...%28RAW%29.html

Seems like the owner also posts here, you might want to PM him for more details.

Thanks for the links.