Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Rag & Bone, Wings + Horns, APC, Nom De Guerre, and Dior (a few seasons ago) offer grey denim.

Acne and Naked Famous also. Skull has some too.

2. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

Yo. I am torn between ordering a pair of sanforized Grifters in size 31 or 32.

My natural waist is 32, but because I never wear a belt with my denim, I'm worried about them stretching and becoming too roomy (the thighs are slightly roomy as it is). Thoughts?

3. stylesmurf

stylesmurf Senior member

I think Levis 501 STF also has some grey jeans and for very little $$$, if you can find it.

4. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Yo. I am torn between ordering a pair of sanforized Grifters in size 31 or 32.

My natural waist is 32, but because I never wear a belt with my denim, I'm worried about them stretching and becoming too roomy (the thighs are slightly roomy as it is). Thoughts?

Whalls don't stretch that much. I'd look at the thigh measurements.

5. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

If anyone knows, for PBJ-005s do you sizetrue to size, up or down? (i.e. stretching).

6. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

7. dyzfunctioned

dyzfunctioned Senior member

So the N&F Slim Guys fit me really well, but I'm not a big fan of the washes. Does anyone have any reccomendations for a similiar cut jean?

8. zazaza

zazaza Senior member

9. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Senior member

If anyone knows, for PBJ-005s do you sizetrue to size, up or down? (i.e. stretching).
    true to 1 down for a slimmer fit.

10. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Bump...still need help.

There are several threads on this... do a search for grey denim/jeans. Long long lists have been posted by people (including myself)... many many options out there from Dior to Nudie to APC, etc

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=88804

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=24874

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=71454

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=44121

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=40846

Does anybody else have the problem of your jeans developing a fold right below the back pockets? My Nudie straight svens did it and the APC NS I just bought have started doing the same thing. Is it just a product of my flat ass or am I doing something wrong?

i've got the same thing going on... I think it happens when you're walking you stretch out the area below your butt from the strides, but then when you're standing straight up the jeans are still tight/flat against your front half, so the back half sort of bunches up. My nudies do that, I think it's to do with the tight flat front, but then again it also happened on my APC NC's...
    the short answer is, yes, at least for me it's normal...

11. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

I got a pair of selvedge, Levis jeans today at a vintage shop. They have no label at the waist or anything inside except this tag sewn to the bottom of the right pocket: [​IMG] What are they? They fit just like a pair of 501s.
    Anybody? Or is there someone knowledgeable about this here that I could pm? I know you don't want me to start my own thread...

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Anybody? Or is there someone knowledgeable about this here that I could pm? I know you don't want me to start my own thread...
    The Levi's archivist has an email address. Usually it takes a couple of days but she does respond.

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

true to 1 down for a slimmer fit.

i actually find the PBJs (xx005) very true to size, and they run very slim in the top block. so it may be best not to size down 1, even at true to size, this runs very slim. skin tight in the thigh actually.

14. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

There's definitely another form in the sense of the SSDS Svenskas (aka, "teardrop" denim) or more recently the CvsF jeans. Both are flat denims compared to PBJ but are still "slubby."

SSDS Svenska: http://www.nikuman.com/images/nudie/svenska_02.jpg

Funny, I was thinking today how "slubby" is a pretty generic word to describe the denim as unusual or irregular.

that slubbiness is a bit different but i kind of see it in the same ballpark as the oni /striated slubbiness