I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. connor

connor Senior member

do you want to stack? what is your actual inseam length?

2. BoSU

BoSU Active Member

My actual inseam is about 32 if I just measured it correctly. And I think I did. I think these look good. Probably should go with a 34. http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=444 Then again I usually wear shoes or boots. Not sneakers. Maybe I wouldn't want it to stack with shoes or boots.

3. connor

connor Senior member

go with a longer inseam than you need and hem if necessary

4. Kevinsane

Kevinsane Member

Need new jeans for heading back off to college, I'm 5'11 36/38" waist, 24 1/2" thighs, large butt haha any recommendations for jeans (no loose fit please) that would look good and be comfortable/flattering

5. BoSU

BoSU Active Member

go with a longer inseam than you need and hem if necessary
    This makes sense. [​IMG] Done. I can't wait till they arrive!

6. TyroneFig

TyroneFig Senior member

7. Our_Benefactors

Our_Benefactors Well-Known Member

Need new jeans for heading back off to college, I'm 5'11 36/38" waist, 24 1/2" thighs, large butt haha any recommendations for jeans (no loose fit please) that would look good and be comfortable/flattering

I'll start off by saying APC rescue, but can you give any more specifics for what you want? Price range? Any details that are important to you? etc

8. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

im going to buy some flathead 3001s, in size 33... i used to have thse in 32, they were perfect everywhere but the waist was too tight so it wasn't comfortable

now i think for the 33s i should hem a little off the inseam as the leg opening will be about 8.1" post shrink... being that they are about 36 inch inseam... shrink 2.5 that puts me at 33.5... my normal inseam for dress pants is 30", if i want absolutely no break 29.5"... with bigger denim openings i should try for about what 2 inches past regular inseam?..

so i was thinking getting one inch hemmed off prior to hot soak... which would leave me around a 32.5 inch inseam... this isn't going to bunch up too bad at the bottom - right?

9. Kevinsane

Kevinsane Member

I'll start off by saying APC rescue, but can you give any more specifics for what you want? Price range? Any details that are important to you? etc

Definitely not too much, I would buy those if I could afford it, I would like things under 100 but as cheap as possible, I'm a stickler I know, and details I like stylish that can be worn out but are still comfortable.

10. Henryyy

Henryyy Well-Known Member

Regarding stains, I'm getting indigo all over my shoes from my jeans. Is it unlikely to come off? I have some fire engine red sneakers which are now blemished [​IMG]

For denim stains, I have discovered a great, if not the best, way to get rid of them. I have had many pairs of sneakers/shoes ruined because of denim stains so I have tried almost everything. Toothpaste, shoecleaners, polishers, scrubs, etc. All did not work.

You need to find yourself some Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. They have regular and extra strength versions. The regular versions worked perfectly fine for me. They got rid of 99.99% of the denim stains that were on my sneakers.

http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/magic-eraser.do

It will require a little bit of elbow grease (force!) depending on the size of the stain! It works REALLY REALLY well, though. Not just on denim stains, but on all sorts of stains on any shoe.

Good luck.

11. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

^^ Thanks for the tip! You use this on leather, presumably?

Still having trouble with a pair of red sneakers. I'm pretty sure the stain will never come out. Mind you, I wear jeans 99.5% of the time, so it's not *that* big of a deal I guess.

12. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Has anyone taken in the waist a bit from the back? When you do that, is the seat made more snug as well?

13. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

Where can I find something similar to the KMWxContext 1980 Blacks?

Be a size 29 and buy mine!

14. fuji

fuji Senior member

I am looking for a pair of very skinny raw jeans. I have tried all of the levis fits as well as nudie slim jims and thin finns and none of them have my desired fit. The thin finns are pretty close to what I want, but I would like slimmer. I am thinking of trying APC petite standards and sizing down 2 or 3. Would this give me my desired fit. If there are any other reccomendations for very slim raw jeans I would be happy to hear them. Thanks.