I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Asch

Asch Senior member

You should be fine with the 34. I'd say the main differences between the fits of the FH 3001 and the Skull 5010, in the same size, are these: (1) the Skulls have a significantly lower rear rise, so they can be prone to showing buttcrack when you bend over; (2) the Skulls have lower rear pockets that are spaced further apart, giving a more "anti-fit" appearance, despite the lower rear rise; (3) the FHs have a slimmer thigh and slightly slimmer waist (after hot-soaking the shrinkage out), the latter of which can stretch, but the former of which can be brutal; (4) the Skulls taper slightly more below the knee, giving a "neater" appearance at the ankle.

Overall I prefer the FHs' fit. My ideal jean would combine the FH top block with the leg of the Skulls.

2. djs488

djs488 Senior member

^^^ Wow, great info. There should be a FH3001/Skull5010 comparison thread if there isn't. I was deciding between these two a while ago and ending up getting neither. Hah.

3. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

My APCs are on its last legs- the crotch is wearing thin, the kneebags are coming, I'm trying to decide on my next pair. Ande Whall Grifter/Rakers or Dior 19cms. Any input?

4. theom-

theom- Senior member

5. ConcernedParent

So I spilled a mcdonalds sundae all over my jeans, wiped it off no problem. Various other stains I just wiped off and they are gone. Now I have some random stain on them... what to do? (i learned the hard way already water isnt the way to go)

Live with them- or wash them (either try spot cleaning, testing on an inconspicious area first or a full on wash).

ande whall over dior anyday.

Why? I haven't seen Ande Whall jeans since v2, Mij Diors are very nice.

6. Sheershucker

Sheershucker Member

7. BOF

BOF Senior member

As with most any raw jean, the longer you go without washing them the more contrast you'll end up having, and the darker they'll be for longer. If you go for a full 6 months and wear them hard, you'll probably end up with sharper lines and higher contrast, wash more frequently and you'll get a more vintage looking fade, and they'll be generally lighter all over. It's up to you.

8. Sherlockian

Sherlockian Senior member

Another recommendation for Ande Whall. My second pair should turn up in the next day or two.

Quality, detail and fit are excellent, and personally I'd rather give my business to a unique, small brand rather than a multinational who probably have all their stuff made by sweatshop kids, and whose stuff you can buy in any old chavvy mall. But then I'm a limey bastard, and we love the underdog.

9. dingdong

dingdong Member

Hey guys hope you can help me out- I like to wear my apc jeans cuffed, however, some indigo bled from the outside onto the inside cuff leaving dark blue streaks. Any way to remove them?

10. Our_Benefactors

Our_Benefactors Well-Known Member

Why? I haven't seen Ande Whall jeans since v2, Mij Diors are very nice.

If you want diors, get them. You're paying a lot for branding.

11. ConcernedParent

Hey guys hope you can help me out- I like to wear my apc jeans cuffed, however, some indigo bled from the outside onto the inside cuff leaving dark blue streaks. Any way to remove them?

Indigo's tough. I'd say your out of luck unless someone here has a magic concoction.

If you want diors, get them. You're paying a lot for branding.

I like them both, which is why I'm at a dilemma. I had Rakers for about a week (too tight)

12. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Regarding stains, I'm getting indigo all over my shoes from my jeans. Is it unlikely to come off? I have some fire engine red sneakers which are now blemished [​IMG]

13. BOF

BOF Senior member

Sometimes leather can be wiped off, but I don't think that much can be done with sneakers or canvas shoes.

14. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like indigo stains on shoes since it adds character. If you really don't like them though, rub it off with some cleaner asap. With canvas though, not sure. Longer you wait to clean it off, the harder it'll be to get rid of it.

15. BoSU

BoSU Active Member

I am going to get some ande whall grifters, but I am not sure what length I should get the inseam. I am 5'9". I was thinking 32?