1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. dcg

dcg Senior member

Yeah, well, thigh size doesn't always mean anything, y'know.

I'm usually a 30/31 in most. I'm also wondering about my new score. Got the 32 which should shrink to 30.5. On the money, I hope. Need that slim top block too, which is a toughie for me and my clearly inferior thighs ;-)

Yeah, that's the FH model that's shrinks below tag size, right?

Smaller thighs would make buying denim (all pants, really) a lot easier for me.

2. altemp

altemp Senior member

Problem with very skinny thighs and calves is that any pants that don't taper to a 6.8-7.2 just look too loose (at least for me). Sucks when you want to wear some nicer denim like samurai when every model is too loose looking.

3. breakz

breakz Senior member

Thanks for the help mlyngard. Went with the APC NSs anyway...I REALLY like the silhouette at that price. [​IMG]

4. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Problem with very skinny thighs and calves is that any pants that don't taper to a 6.8-7.2 just look too loose (at least for me). Sucks when you want to wear some nicer denim like samurai when every model is too loose looking.

Ain't that the truth. I've had to pass over so many great jeans for that reason. 7.5 to 7.25 is my magic number there. I guess it's just as elusive if you have skinny legs or not.

Thanks for the help mlyngard. Went with the APC NSs anyway...I REALLY like the silhouette at that price. [​IMG]

Cool man. Good luck with those.

5. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

hmm so are you assuming that those with big calves and thighs can only look good with big leg openings(8-8.5) ?

6. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

hmm so are you assuming that those with big calves and thighs can only look good with big leg openings(8-8.5) ?

Where did he say that ...?

7. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

nah im just asking.

8. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Heheh...

That's entrapment ;-)

Too many ways to answer this - so it's a tough question. Fits for people are so varied.
    I think fit recommendations can only be phrased in terms like "I had some jeans that fit me great in this way...", or "I personally tend to like slim jeans with a taper like this..."

I would hope anyone would shoot me if I said anything so absolute about a fit for someone else...

I mean, that would be dissing those people with a chaps fetish or who wear bellbottoms right away.

9. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Yes!! Scored the last pair of the FH SE05BSP in my size. I felt like a fucking eight year old scoring tickets to see Hanna Montana. Yay me.

DAMMIT.

"Sale in-store and online will be 10% off. Customers which are not local can use a coupon code for 10% off everything in our online store starting at 9AM (PST) Friday November27th"

-SelfEdge

10. emeterioy

emeterioy Well-Known Member

Hey guys I received a pair of MWAC raw jean and jus wanted to know how often can I iron them? and whats the soonest that I can do so?

Thanks.

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

12. emeterioy

Iron???
    [​IMG] You guys don't iron your jeans? sorry I'm new to the raw jean world.

13. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Iron???

God no.[​IMG]

Backing away slowly...

14. emeterioy

God no.[​IMG]

Do you guys use an alternative to that?

Thanks.

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

[​IMG] You guys don't iron your jeans? sorry I'm new to the raw jean world.
    Um... that's not even reserved for raw denim. Who irons jeans? They aren't dress trousers

16. connor

connor Senior member

only time ive taken an iron to my jeans is to keep selvedge flat

17. BrettChaotix

BrettChaotix Senior member

Do you guys use an alternative to that?

Thanks.

You do realize that the one of the key selling points of raw demin is to let them fade and wear naturally with age, right?

For a variety of reasons, ironing is just as bad to that process as washing and drying them on a regular basis.

18. emeterioy

You do realize that the one of the key selling points of raw demin is to let them fade and wear naturally with age, right?

For a variety of reasons, ironing is just as bad to that process as washing and drying them on a regular basis.

Thanks.[​IMG]

19. connor

connor Senior member

just wear them without fear, man. they'll turn out great.