I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. trend

trend Member

Hi and thanks for your answer,

But no, that's not even close what I want, sorry. See at the lower part of the jeans, they're cut off at the ends? And they're weared out at the legs differently. And the shape of the jeans is totally different aswell.. no-one has a clue..??

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

doesn't look like the website even carries them.

3. trend

trend Member

I know, that's the weird part. Even asked in their community, with no real response yet.
    That's why I'm trying here [​IMG]

4. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

What are those metal rivet button things on the coin pocket of the jean? Looks like they are meant for something.

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

What are those metal rivet button things on the coin pocket of the jean? Looks like they are meant for something.
    Yeah, they're meant to hold the coin pocket to the jeans.

6. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Reinforcement.

7. wagthesam

wagthesam Senior member

lol ic, looks like you can button an accessory onto them

8. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

I'm looking for a jean that's slightly less slim through the thigh and knee than my Slim Jims, with a slight taper to maybe 7.5" or a little bit more. My problem is mostly that I'm very skinny and have slim thighs (I have a 32" waist and the thighs on my SJs measure about 10.6"). Does anyone have any recommendations?

I was thinking about sizing down a pair of Routes to 31 but I'm not sure where I can find a pair to try on (I'm in NYC and I think Barney's is sold out of Crates my size...)

9. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Seam ripper and not every jean needs faded to shit. I wear SJ Black Coated to skirt the dress code at work. If I have a day of physical labor, I don't wear my real slim stuff, either. Plenty of reasons.

Yeah, the problem is the denim is not up to par with its competitors. The only real reason to buy Nudie's is because like you said A. it has some finishes that are just not seen in other brands, B. a plethora of different cuts, C. branding.

10. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Yeah, the problem is the denim is not up to par with its competitors. The only real reason to buy Nudie's is because like you said A. it has some finishes that are just not seen in other brands, B. a plethora of different cuts, C. branding.

nudie def covers their market well. They make a good transition for guys who are into 7fam and TR. I have never owned a pair but they fade pretty well, from what i've seen. I think they are worth it if you can find them on sale

11. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I'm looking for a jean that's slightly less slim through the thigh and knee than my Slim Jims, with a slight taper to maybe 7.5" or a little bit more. My problem is mostly that I'm very skinny and have slim thighs (I have a 32" waist and the thighs on my SJs measure about 10.6"). Does anyone have any recommendations?

I was thinking about sizing down a pair of Routes to 31 but I'm not sure where I can find a pair to try on (I'm in NYC and I think Barney's is sold out of Crates my size...)

Even Stevens should fit the bill if you are still looking at Nudies
    http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=227

12. theom-

theom- Senior member

13. Johnny Sneakers

Johnny Sneakers Well-Known Member

nudie def covers their market well. They make a good transition for guys who are into 7fam and TR. I have never owned a pair but they fade pretty well, from what i've seen. I think they are worth it if you can find them on sale
    This is me. Used to be into that crap denim, got a pair of AJDS's for 180 and my perspective on nice clothing changed. I'm still wearing that pair but a wash is due before winter and I'm starting to shop for my next pair. I really like the fit of Skull 5010's but I don't really like the branding (skull patch and cross). Another brand I'm interested in is PBJ, would the 005 fit the bill after a hot soak? I'm a little confused about unsanforized sizing (not waist but other measurements).

14. dls6128

dls6128 Senior member

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'd like to avoid Nudies for this pair. The leg opening also looks a little small for my taste, though I'm not sure how much of a difference there would be between 7.3" and 7.6" in practice...

Any other advice? I forgot to mention my budget: I'd like to spend no more than $200, but I'm more concerned with value and fit than features.

15. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Referring to "B" - it's a real heartache when you start buying dry denim and you just can't find anything that fits like a Slim Jim. I assume people who fall for APC feel kinda the same way. I own a variety of jeans that were nearly all purchased while on sale. Dry Bones, N&F, CrVsFar, CM, Wrangler, etc and it's that damn Slim Jim that feels so good.