I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. pantheist

pantheist Senior member

hobokens? tts or +1?

2. NiFTY

NiFTY Senior member

Long question:

Looking for a jean that will look "slim"/neat on me. I've got a 33" waist and athletic 24" thighs. My thighs are solid down to the knee - not much tapering at all.

I just bought some Imperial Kings a few weeks ago, and was extremely happy with the jean and the quality, but I've already lost a couple inches off my waist due to a fitness program. Ideally, I'd like something that isn't so big as the King from the knee down. Something that has a smaller leg opening at the bottom.

Basically I need a 33" waist, a rise of 11" or less and a top thigh measurement of around 11.5" (anticipating they'll stretch a smidge) in a sort of straight sort of slim fit (can't handle too much tapering above the knee).

I've looked at Skull's (50-10xx) and Jean Shop Rockers. The Jean Shops actually look pretty darn good. But maybe too slim? No idea about their quality compared to Imperial though.

Oh, and I need an inseam minimum of 36" - pref 37" AFTER any shrinkage due to long legs. So that REALLY narrows it down.

have you tried on any imperial dukes at apartment in town, i assume that's where you got you kings? they are more tapered after the knee. i would still size down 1 as they will stretch out, it takes a while but it does happen.

3. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

need some input on the fit of these spurrs (pipe leg sz. 32). i love them to death quality-wise but i'm not sure i really like the fit anymore as they've stretched out and i've lost some weight since i first got them. i'm actually starting to think i should move to skull 5010 or something that's slimmer with a smaller leg opening since my legs are skinny as shit and i have no ass. maybe i need something like these but in a smaller size. i dunno. thoughts and suggestions appreciated. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. connor

connor Senior member

they don't stack well, try a cuff or hem

5. grundletaint

this is post-hem and yeah, they do look better cuffed, but i kind of want to find something that i don't need to cuff with these boots. my CvF jeans look better than these and are cuffed (i don't want to cuff everything). or maybe i should just get over it and cuff everything. i don't know anymore.

6. connor

connor Senior member

personally i can't stand my jeans stacking like that. if you want to stack do it with jeans with a smaller leg opening so they stack even..

7. grundletaint

i can't either and i'm not sure what i should get. i've always feared the taper but now i think it's time to head that direction.

8. connor

connor Senior member

just because a pair of jeans has a taper doesn't mean you're gonna come out looking like a little scene kid... i mean most of these tapers aren't noticable at all

9. grundletaint

i agree. i think it's more that i've come to embrace my chicken legs and it's time to go the slim route instead of straight-leg. i guess the big question is what to get now in the NS/5010/dior arena.

10. connor

connor Senior member

my next pair of jeans will probably be 5010s. my friend has a pair that are absolutely beautiful.

11. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

How do you know if a pair of jeans are too tight?
    I just got a pair of 3sixteen slim fitting jeans
    Waist fits perfect, but around the knee joint area it's bursting at the seams a little when I sit or squat.

Will this stretch out in a week or will I end up ripping the jeans?

These are my first pair of slim-fit jeans which is why I ask

12. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

my next pair of jeans will probably be 5010s. my friend has a pair that are absolutely beautiful.

+1, I love my 5010s. I've embraced the stacks though. They look a bit hideous at first, but as the denim softens, they look a lot better.

A note on the 5010s though, I've had a couple of issues with pocket stitching coming loose, on both back pockets and one of the fronts. Nothing a quick trip to a tailor , can't fix, or even DIY if you're confident. But something to keep an eye on. (my right pocket went first, fixed it, then the next week the right went [​IMG] )

13. grundletaint

you have fit pics of them with those W+H boots?

14. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

you have fit pics of them with those W+H boots?

Copied from WYWTD from a week or so ago. Not great shots though, sorry. For reference, I'm 6'0. Jeans are 7 months old, no wash, semi regular (2 - 3 times a week), stupid work dress code!

Yesterday: Boring afternoon, time for a beer!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Cheers

Sweater Nice Collective
    Henley AA
    Jeans Skull 5010
    Belt KMW (no vis)
    Boots W+H

15. grundletaint

those look good. how'd you size them?

edit: NVM. i pulled the trigger.