I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

How do you get the 30% off at revolve? Must kop!

2. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

Teh Google:
    per an email Revolve customer service sent me last week: We do have a 30% off for our first time buyers. What you can do is go ahead and place the order for the items you would like and once the order is placed please email us with your order number and we will go ahead and apply the code manually. Please remember, per manufacturer request, we are unable to code/price match the following brands:True Religion, Seven, Citizens, Paige, Nudie, Botkier, Kooba, Joe's, Lutz and Patmos, Jovovich Hawk, Vena Cava, Cheap Monday, Clu, Sea, Common Projects, Rogues Gallery, Rose, A. Lawless, Band of Outsiders, Wayne, & Bing Bang. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Is this reliable?

3. sushijerk

sushijerk Well-Known Member

It is very strange because apparently people can get the first time code to work for KMW but if you try to use the 15% TULIP code at checkout it says that KMW is one of the excluded brands.

4. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

So there is a code? I just emailed them. Hoping it works.

5. mpcec

mpcec Senior member

Zissou not sure if you've made a decision yet but I would definitely say no to the Kato's. I'm not a fan of the stitching or pockets and they're sort of limiting (in the sense that you can't dress them up at all.) I think you should try on some Sugar Cane cuts and not be too afraid of the matchy matchy, I could see you in the 47's, 66's or Okinawas. Also you should check out some Strongholds, I love the cut of the Hickory Stripes and the rise is very comfortable and the suspenders are awesome and I definitely plan to buy a pair in the future. (I know you don't plan to buy these now but I suggest checking out Strongholds with a similar cut.) If they're definitely out of the question then I would reccomend the Warehouse 700. They aren't a true straight leg but they're high rise and cinch back which I think would work well with your aesthetic. Don't want to reccomend much else as I don't have personal experience handling any others. You should definitely take this question to the Self Edge thread if you haven't already though.

6. ppjjmm

ppjjmm Well-Known Member

The 30% off First Time Customer at Revolve definitely works - just used it. Bought some KMW 1950's for $120 CAD (free shipping).

Just place your order, then email them asking for the discount (only if you are indeed a first time customer) and include your order number.

Here is the email they sent me after i first inquired:

I replied with my order number and they refunded 30% ($41.40 CAD) to my credit card. Good deal!

7. kleny

kleny Well-Known Member

I'm taking a look a the flashsale right now but too bad I have not done my research very well. How do the Regular Ralf's fit? TTS?

8. Our_Benefactors

Our_Benefactors Well-Known Member

This isn't what you want to hear, but buy a different jean. I got nudies as my first pair of raws and was quickly left wanting more.

9. shaftoe

shaftoe Senior member

30% confirmed, as ppjjmm said. 1950s for $106 shipped. I am chuffed!

10. JakeTS86

JakeTS86 Well-Known Member

Hey, this is my 1st post! I need help choosing some new jeans, as I'm getting a bit overwhelmed with the number of jeans recommended on these forums.

I'm quite slim so baggy jeans look bad on me, I prefer bootcut jeans which are fairly tight around the waist/ass.

My current favourite pair are starting to fall to pieces after nearly 3 years of hard wear. They are Replay MV973 (see URL below), with 32" waist and 34" leg and I had the leg shortened at a tailor by about 1".

Forgot to mention above, 32" waist seems to be a bit big and I need a belt to hold them up, even though they fitted fine in shop. Do jeans stretch with age?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/REPLAY-"BEID-...wItemQQimsxZ20090709?IMSfp=TL090709199005r635

I'd like something a similar colour or a bit darker because I hate really faded jeans.

I'd be willing to spend £140 ($220) on them and it would probably be easier for me if they could be bought in Europe, as shipping here from the US costs a fortune.

Thanks

J

11. father's room

father's room Senior member

How does KMW 1980 rigid canvas fits, TTS? The measurement from Context looks size smaller. Is that true?

12. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

what are all of the raw brands that use Zimbabwe?

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

Zissou not sure if you've made a decision yet but I would definitely say no to the Kato's. I'm not a fan of the stitching or pockets and they're sort of limiting (in the sense that you can't dress them up at all.) I think you should try on some Sugar Cane cuts and not be too afraid of the matchy matchy, I could see you in the 47's, 66's or Okinawas. Also you should check out some Strongholds, I love the cut of the Hickory Stripes and the rise is very comfortable and the suspenders are awesome and I definitely plan to buy a pair in the future. (I know you don't plan to buy these now but I suggest checking out Strongholds with a similar cut.) If they're definitely out of the question then I would reccomend the Warehouse 700. They aren't a true straight leg but they're high rise and cinch back which I think would work well with your aesthetic. Don't want to reccomend much else as I don't have personal experience handling any others. You should definitely take this question to the Self Edge thread if you haven't already though.
    Thanks, lachy, S_P, and mpcec. I wound up getting a pair of KMW 2010s and a pair of Chimala bucklebacks from Farinelli's for super cheap. I'm sure I'll be happy with them as long as they fit well. To be honest, as OCD as I am about shirts and jackets, I really am not that picky about jeans as long as they fit well (usually a straight or slim-straight is best for me) and have fairly interesting denim and features.

14. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

15. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

28 in APC NS=30 in SDA 103 one wash=29 in Imperial Duke raw, right? And I'm trying to choose between SDA 103's and Imperial Dukes. I know the differences in cuts (Dukes' rise is 2 inches longer, Dukes are tighter in the hips, SDA's have slightly larger leg opening, Dukes inseam is 4 inches longer), but don't really know enough to get how those differences would make one pair more flattering than the other. Can someone clue me in a little? Thanks as always.