1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. fuji

fuji Senior member

What is the slimmest fit jeans dior makes? I tried a pair of really slim ones and they literally fit skin tight, I have a pair of dior 19cms and some raf black coated skinnys and they looked baggy in comparison. They must have had like a 12cm leg opening. They were also substantially more then most dior jeans at about $700, either way I want them.

2. quevola

quevola Senior member

Where can I buy Rag & Bone RB15s in a size 28?

3. dmash

dmash Senior member

I'm wanting to remove the back pocket stitching on my Flathead F380's....how is the best way to go about this?

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

What is the slimmest fit jeans dior makes? I tried a pair of really slim ones and they literally fit skin tight, I have a pair of dior 19cms and some raf black coated skinnys and they looked baggy in comparison. They must have had like a 12cm leg opening. They were also substantially more then most dior jeans at about $700, either way I want them.

17.5, 19, and 21 are the different Dior cuts. Each is the hem measurement for a tagged 32 and go up/down .5cm every 2 sizes. MiJ also affects the fit, it tends to be slimmer than the MiI stuff

I'm wanting to remove the back pocket stitching on my Flathead F380's....how is the best way to go about this?

Buy a seam ripper, spend 5 min

5. breakz

breakz Senior member

So what jeans are recommeneded in terms of quality/price ratio. not skinny , not baggy, just comfortably fitted (boot cut?) pair of jeans.
    Whodini posted this slightly above your post:
    For that price range, by the way, Uniqlo is your best bet. You won't begin to see a change in "quality" until you pass the $200 level.
    I haven't broken in every SF-approved denim brand, but from handling different denim I'd definitely agree with who. It's basically two-tiered: the "entry designer" denim (nicer Uniqlo, APC, 3six, Crate, N&F) and true designer denim (5EP, RRL, KMW, Spurr, Jean Shop etc).

6. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

I should really know the answer to this question but I guess I need some help. I am looking for a pair of jeans that are straight fit, not tapered, with no arcruates on the back pockets and does not exceed $200.

I am thinking the IH634, APC Rescue, Nudie Straight Sven cut(but don't want rescues or Nudies)
    I can't get used to tapered jeans with work boots and I just got a pair of Thorogoods. I know it works on some people but I am not feeling it yet. Thanks.

7. ten ton sour

ten ton sour Member

I should really know the answer to this question but I guess I need some help. I am looking for a pair of jeans that are straight fit, not tapered, with no arcruates on the back pockets and does not exceed $200.

I am thinking the IH634, APC Rescue, Nudie Straight Sven cut(but don't want rescues or Nudies)
    I can't get used to tapered jeans with work boots and I just got a pair of Thorogoods. I know it works on some people but I am not feeling it yet. Thanks.

Naked & Famous Slim Guy. Straight leg, no arcuates, $120-130 for basic black, ~$190 for the 21oz indigo.

8. connor

connor Senior member

[​IMG]

9. connor

connor Senior member

3sixteen SL-100x

10. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

3sixteen SL-100x

Funny that you should mention the 3sixteens. I just picked up a pair yesterday hoping that they would fit the bill but they are pretty much the same as APC New Standards. Maybe I should try a larger size?

11. connor

connor Senior member

Funny that you should mention the 3sixteens. I just picked up a pair yesterday hoping that they would fit the bill but they are pretty much the same as APC New Standards. Maybe I should try a larger size?

wear them in some? which part of the jean are you focusing on that isn't working with your current denim

12. ramp

ramp Senior member

Can anyone comment on the sizing of Corpus jeans or how much they'll stretch? I'm looking at the Rye Slim in khaki, just not sure what size to get.

13. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

14. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

wear them in some? which part of the jean are you focusing on that isn't working with your current denim

I just got a pair of Thorogood x Epaulet boots. My main pair right now are APC NS which are slim and taper. I think tapered jeans look kind of odd with chunky workboots. So I am going for something a bit more relaxed with a wider leg opening. I don't want baggy just more straight. Ironheart 634s would be ideal but I don't have the cash right now.

15. alliswell

alliswell Senior member

I just got a pair of Thorogood x Epaulet boots. My main pair right now are APC NS which are slim and taper. I think tapered jeans look kind of odd with chunky workboots. So I am going for something a bit more relaxed with a wider leg opening. I don't want baggy just more straight. Ironheart 634s would be ideal but I don't have the cash right now.

APC Hipsters work for me with boots, though they're a little lowrise compared to my 634s.

16. connor

connor Senior member

you really dont have many options under 200 if those 3sixteens aren't working out for you. the SL isn't a tapered leg, though, are you thinking about the ST series?

17. fashunhor

fashunhor Senior member

you really dont have many options under 200 if those 3sixteens aren't working out for you. the SL isn't a tapered leg, though, are you thinking about the ST series?

I just checked to be sure. I definitely got the SL-100x and according to both my measurements and the measurements on Selfedge they do in fact taper slightly; about 1 inch. I really like the fit of the model on SE website. Maybe I sized down too much.

18. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

What are the snaps for on PRPS jeans? What is their "purpose"? ha ha

19. acg2010

acg2010 Well-Known Member

Nvm. They just didn't look right so I'm returning the jeans.

20. squeeze

squeeze Member

Thanks whodini and breakz... I am going to buy some Uniqlo japanese denim... I'll be calling tomorrow to see if the slim fit is slim in the legs and relaxed up top, I got skinny legs but a big butt haha