Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. modual

modual Senior member

different cut

Care to elaborate ? They look fine to me.

2. breakz

breakz Senior member

Care to elaborate ? They look fine to me.

The photos hint at tightness in the thighs. If he has big thighs he might want a more relaxed cut.

Question on repro cuts (and some background). My first raw denim was 5EP's LDB, and I'd like something straighter for my next cut while sticking to similar quality. What jeans should I be looking at?

3. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

I'd recommend the PBJs, from all I've seen and experienced (I have a pair of xx-005s) they're about as nice a slim fit as you'll find. The denim is just gorgeous.
    Thanks for the advice. I think I will go with the PBJ-005s. These pics sold me: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=4024 I can't find many nice fades/pictures of the straight leg ironhearts to sway my opinion. Right now its PBJ005 vs. Ironheart Straight leg. I can only afford one pair atm.

4. breakz

breakz Senior member

Question on repro cuts (and some background). My first raw denim was 5EP's LDB, and I'd like something straighter for my next cut while sticking to similar quality. What jeans should I be looking at?

Okay let me rephrase my question: what's the best way to get repro jeans without breaking the bank? I'm aiming to pay no more than $150 for denim...does this mean B&S only or are there lower-end brands with some repro qualities? Is the answer here "Crate?"

5. lowrider

lowrider Senior member

Thanks for the advice. I think I will go with the PBJ-005s.

These pics sold me: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=4024

I can't find many nice fades/pictures of the straight leg ironhearts to sway my opinion.

Right now its PBJ005 vs. Ironheart Straight leg. I can only afford one pair atm.

If you're still considering the IH, then consider this one over the 634: http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...roducts_id=408

Seems to be more of the fit you're looking for. And IH's do fade.

These are my black overdyes after a few months of wear:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After 1 year or so of wear:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

The selfedge pictures seem to do the fit no justice. Thats why I was kind of off the IH slim denim. I couldn't find many appealing fit pics for them. =[

7. Liberia Brad

Liberia Brad Active Member

What am I doing in hot and rainy Monrovia, Liberia
    Where I can buy some CONS jeans, either via mail-order of from a brick-and-mortar store?

I understand they are mostly made in Turkey. Many thanks!

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Where I can buy some CONS jeans, either via mail-order of from a brick-and-mortar store?

I understand they are mostly made in Turkey. Many thanks!

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=1170000 Really, a year later and you're still trying to plug that brand word for word?

9. Poomba

Poomba Senior member

I joined the Army back in January, and Ive recently been able to start wearing jeans again. Here is the problem though, none of my jeans fit me anymore. Through working out a lot and such, my legs got more muscular. I need help finding a pair of jeans that will work for me now.

I had a pair of 30/34 RRL slim straights, which are now skin tight all the way down, but not uncomfortable.

A pair of of 31/34 Nudie Even Stevens, which fit ok but not great, the top of the legs are now too tight.

A pair of RB15s 30/34 which are fine in the lower leg, but the thighs are a little too slim for my tastes now.

Any suggestions?

10. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

I'm probably going to get PBJ 005s (I'm a denim newbie, I want see some nice fades and a really nice fit which everyone says the PBJs have).

Shall I get one-wash or completley raw shrink to fit denim? Are there any advantages to getting shrink to fit? Do I size up or down on PBJ-005s? Thanks.

11. Omega Man

Omega Man Senior member

A noob question / questions on stacking here.

I have read stacking works on jeans with a tapered leg opening.
    For straight legged jeans, does it make sense to stack? Or simply, can it be done? Also, does it depends on the type of denim (regular vs. raw)? Assuming you can stack on straight leg, how can you keep it from unraveling?

Thanks for your assistance.

12. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

For straight legged jeans, does it make sense to stack? Or simply, can it be done? Also, does it depends on the type of denim (regular vs. raw)? Assuming you can stack on straight leg, how can you keep it from unraveling?

Regardless of the type of denim, stacking with straight leg jeans looks very messy which is why you typically see stacking with narrow hems and cuffing with wider hems. Simply put, a wider hem means that the stacking will be less uniform with the majority of the weight being pushed to the bottom and falling off the back of your shoe.

13. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

Regardless of the type of denim, stacking with straight leg jeans looks very messy which is why you typically see stacking with narrow hems and cuffing with wider hems. Simply put, a wider hem means that the stacking will be less uniform with the majority of the weight being pushed to the bottom and falling off the back of your shoe.

Somehow my bloody Nudie Grim Tims do the latter with a 7.5 inch leg opening. Perhaps they'll settle. Or perhaps I should stop wearing Chucks with absolutely no heel padding left.

14. connor

connor Senior member

like whodini said, to get proper looking stacks you do need to have a slim leg/leg opening. otherwise it folds all nasty and bulbous. no bueno

15. Jrchen

Jrchen New Member

Pulled a thread loose when it got snagged on a jagged part of my desk, should I just cut it off or try to fix this? And if the latter, then how would I go about doing this?