I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. connor

connor Senior member

i sized down from like 31 to tagged 28 on my SJDJs. i should've gone with a 29, but they fit well enough

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before, but I couldn't seem to find it. Forgive me...I'm new. i just bought a pair of Nudie Average Joe's on ebay (killer deal, couldn't resist) size 30 waist. I typically wear a 32 in jeans except for my one pair of raw that are a size 31. Are Nudie's going to stretch enough or will they always be too tight?

my 32 AJDH are tight on me in the waistband and i'm normally 32 in raw and 31 in washed. mine stretched a bit at first but shrunk down after the first wash and didn't stretch out as far.

3. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Let me try again but simpler:

I like the fit of Uniqlo T-000 (size 32 because of thighs). I want better denim. What would you recommend and what size would I want? So far I'm thinking Somets but not sure on the sizing.

4. aoluffy

aoluffy Senior member

what're the main advantages of buying unsanforized over sanforized raw denim?

what would you suggest as a first time purchase?

5. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

what're the main advantages of buying unsanforized over sanforized raw denim?

what would you suggest as a first time purchase?

Sanforized. There is no real advantage to unsanforized.

6. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

for a first timer, you'll get a hell of a lot less headaches trying to size and deal with sanforized, too.

7. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I just measured myself at exactly 31" in the waist. Should I go for size 29 in Diors or smaller? I wear 30 in Earnest Sewn (the waist on these jeans measures to ~15.25), but the Diors measure 15.5. Should I go down to 28?

8. pridecake

pridecake Senior member

the general rule is to size down 2 on diors from your true waist size for a nice slim fit. Diors are meant to be worn low anyways, so the waist seems to be fine especially if they're raw and will stretch over time. Don't know about your build, but I'm a 31 waist too and sized down 2 for my mij raws. I'm pretty satisfied with the fit

9. jarude

jarude Senior member

Speaking of diors, I'm a dude with a little extra poundage - 5'11", 175lb, bigger thighs and I have an ass. True waist is 34. I'd love to snag some 21cm's since they seem to be a nice straight-tapered cut. I have FH f380's and they are too baggy below the knee; I also have APC NS and they're just mediocre. Got them in 32w and now they're a little too loose with nasty kneebags.

Will 21cm fit the bill? I have my sights set on a 33w pair that have a 16.5" waist - will they stretch enough or too much? For the record I don't like the painted on look; I'm just having trouble finding something fitted.

10. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

Speaking of diors, I'm a dude with a little extra poundage - 5'11", 175lb, bigger thighs and I have an ass. True waist is 34. I'd love to snag some 21cm's since they seem to be a nice straight-tapered cut. I have FH f380's and they are too baggy below the knee; I also have APC NS and they're just mediocre. Got them in 32w and now they're a little too loose with nasty kneebags.

Will 21cm fit the bill? I have my sights set on a 33w pair that have a 16.5" waist - will they stretch enough or too much? For the record I don't like the painted on look; I'm just having trouble finding something fitted.

I'd suggest looking at Skull 5010 6x6. Awesome denim, slightly slimmer than APC, tougher too. They fade great (http://www.fabfour.co.jp/sjc/vote/). Sizing wise I wear a 31 in APC, and 33 in Skulls. Kiya at Self Edge is your man for them. They aren't as "known" as Dior, but a great option by the sounds of what you're after.

11. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Will washed acne mics work in my APC NS size?

12. jarude

jarude Senior member

I'd suggest looking at Skull 5010 6x6. Awesome denim, slightly slimmer than APC, tougher too. They fade great (http://www.fabfour.co.jp/sjc/vote/). Sizing wise I wear a 31 in APC, and 33 in Skulls. Kiya at Self Edge is your man for them. They aren't as "known" as Dior, but a great option by the sounds of what you're after.

Interesting you recommend skull, I had some 5507's but they were a bit too big. Awesome denim though.. I may have to check them out. Thanks for the reccomendation.

13. Lachy

Lachy Senior member

I'm not that familiar with the 5507, but just checking out the measurements at Self Edge, the 5507 has larger measurements (rise, thigh, opening) for equivalent waist sizes. If you dug the details of the 5507, but wanted a slimmer fit, the 5010 is definitely one to consider.

14. madmouse

madmouse New Member

I have been using search engines for a few hours now & still found no info whatsoever on "Virgin" Wash jeans.
    When the wash is "Virgin" is it Raw unwashed dry denim?

Here is an example of a site selling a virgin wash pair of denim:
    http://www.revolveclothing.com/b/Pro...code=CITI-MJ87

The jeans look like they are raw denim, & it would make sense that virgin = raw, but I can't be sure.

Can anyone help me out?

15. lowrider

lowrider Senior member