I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. socaldodger

socaldodger Active Member

I need some recommendations for some grey and or black selvedge jeans. Looking for something under $200 if possible. Don't mind paying a little more though for something better. I'm currently wearing Crate Routes in 34. I need something with a similar fit -- preferably a little looser is possible. Especially in the thigh/crotch area.

TIA

2. poptartsicle

poptartsicle New Member

Yes. Although regular fit is kind of misleading; TTS would yield a slimmer jean than a true regular fit, but I didn't have the adjectives to describe it. Petite standard sizing is fairly similar I would assume, but not 100%. For the New Cures, please do not size down more than 1 (-3 total); I went TTS for mine and they are very skinny.

Both the NS and the NC have lower rises than most jeans, they usually sit on the hips anyway. Approx. what weight are you? Look up fit pictures on all of them.

I'm about 140-150 lbs. Would this change anything? I think I'm going to go for the one with a lower rise. So petite or NS.

3. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

I'm about 140-150 lbs. Would this change anything? I think I'm going to go for the one with a lower rise. So petite or NS.

Uhh 6' 145 is prime New Cure/Petite Standard range. NS's are about the same rise as the New Cure anyway.

4. nonissue

nonissue Senior member

Is there any way to significantly shrink apc jeans? I bought a pair of rescues in a 31 (normally a 32 waist) but I definitely should have gone with a 30 or a 29, they are way too big. I'm guessing a cold water soak isn't gonna do shit but I figured I'd ask.

5. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Is there any way to significantly shrink apc jeans? I bought a pair of rescues in a 31 (normally a 32 waist) but I definitely should have gone with a 30 or a 29, they are way too big. I'm guessing a cold water soak isn't gonna do shit but I figured I'd ask.
    Size down.

6. kookydooky

kookydooky Senior member

I keep hearing about cold/hot soaks, can anyone explain them deeper

Like how long do you leave them in there, how much detergent (if any) do you scrub etc

7. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Sorry I'm retarded when it comes to jeans but I want to get some nice ones for a change. Been using Levi 501s for a while. I live in Korea so I can't go around trying jeans on and see what fits me because Levis are about the only jeans I can get here outside of cheap and ugly jeans. My biggest problem is that I have somewhat large thighs from doing too many squats.

What I know fits me:

-Levi 501 (not shrink to fit) size 30. Actually I could probably go down one more size if I wanted to because I can push it off while fully buttoned, but it's mostly fine. Fits well in the thigh. I hate how it looks past the knee, rather have it taper more.

-Uniqlo S-001 size 30. Fits a little bit tighter around the thigh, still doesn't quite taper enough past the knee though.

-Uniqlo T-000 size 32. I like how much it tapers, but I'll admit that the thigh isn't the most comfortable if I'm sitting for a long time. The reason I had to size up is because any lower and the thighs simply don't fit without needing to stretch for a long, long time.

Mostly I want something skinny with similar thighs to the 501s. And wondering what size I should get because I won't be able to try it on. Don't want to spend more than $300, would be nice to be under $200 though. For some reason I sort of want Somets but I saw darts on thighs so I'm scared. Then again from the measurements it doesn't seem like it'd be that bad so I really don't know.

8. Our_Benefactors

Our_Benefactors Well-Known Member

I keep hearing about cold/hot soaks, can anyone explain them deeper

Like how long do you leave them in there, how much detergent (if any) do you scrub etc

soak  [sohk] Show IPA
    -verb (used without object)
    1.\tto lie in and become saturated or permeated with water or some other liquid.

That's all there is to it. Put water in something. Put jawnz in there. Leave them for a while. Then take them out and dry them.

9. mikegg

mikegg Member

What do you guys think of jeans that used to be around $150ish - $125ish and are on sale for $75? Saw same RL jeans like this the other day.

10. connor

connor Senior member

i think that they're $75ish - $50ish dollars off

11. mikegg

mikegg Member

This would make sense

12. dsbkoko

dsbkoko Senior member

List of denim that fit similarly to levi 514? does the KMW 1950 fit the bill?

13. onion

onion Senior member

What do you guys think of jeans that used to be around $150ish - $125ish and are on sale for $75? Saw same RL jeans like this the other day.
    Impossible to answer without knowing what the jeans are.

14. jahe

jahe Member

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before, but I couldn't seem to find it. Forgive me...I'm new. i just bought a pair of Nudie Average Joe's on ebay (killer deal, couldn't resist) size 30 waist. I typically wear a 32 in jeans except for my one pair of raw that are a size 31. Are Nudie's going to stretch enough or will they always be too tight?

15. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before, but I couldn't seem to find it. Forgive me...I'm new. i just bought a pair of Nudie Average Joe's on ebay (killer deal, couldn't resist) size 30 waist. I typically wear a 32 in jeans except for my one pair of raw that are a size 31. Are Nudie's going to stretch enough or will they always be too tight?
    They stretch out 1"-2".