1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

But I mean, jeans are all I really wear, is it norm to wear the same 2-3 pairs of jeans like 4-5 days a week?
    Some people here will buy one pair of jeans to wear for months straight without putting another pair on. Not saying YOU should do this but it is normal around here. If you're looking for more variety you could probably do well with having ONE pair of indigo, ONE pair of black, and maybe a pair of grey or a light wash. The point is to focus on quality, not necessarily quantity.

2. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

But I mean, jeans are all I really wear, is it norm to wear the same 2-3 pairs of jeans like 4-5 days a week?

Yes. More like 1 or 2 pair 6-7 days a week really.

If this seems odd, you may think most people here and their washing schedules are really fucked up. Outside this forum, I don't even try to explain to people the fact I don't wash my jeans but every 2-3 months.

3. insideman

insideman Senior member

shoutout to mauro and farinellis for the quick shipping and great deal/service. I got my crate routs the other day and I am beginning to break them in. Can I expect these bad boys to stretch alot?

4. whodini

shoutout to mauro and farinellis for the quick shipping and great deal/service. I got my crate routs the other day and I am beginning to break them in. Can I expect these bad boys to stretch alot?
    Depends, do you wear them low and without a belt? They'll stretch more or less depending on how you wear them.

5. mikegg

mikegg Member

Alright thanks guys

I'll throw up a pic tomorrow so maybe that will help.. If I'm going to shell out $200 on jeans I want to make sure I get the right pair for me!

6. insideman

insideman Senior member

i wear a belt; just for the look, not really to tighten. I'd say i wear them about 4 fingers below my navel.

7. whodini

i wear a belt; just for the look, not really to tighten. I'd say i wear them about 4 fingers below my navel.
    Yeah, belts will help limit the stretching.

8. connor

connor Senior member

damn, so is this what people think of me when i tell them i've been wearing the same jeans for the last 6 months almost every day?

9. whodini

damn, so is this what people think of me when i tell them i've been wearing the same jeans for the last 6 months almost every day?
    The probably think you're too broke to buy a pair of wranglers from K-Mart.

10. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

Don't forget, they also think you are disgusting.

11. connor

connor Senior member

most of them just assume i don't take care of myself when they hear i wear the same jeans all the time and don't wash them for months

which is kinda right, but i mean their making an ass out of them and me

12. squelchy451

squelchy451 Senior member

I'm thinking of buying a Levi's 512 slim tapered jeans. They're like 514 slim straight except the leg gets tapered later.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...estyleforum-20

Do I have to size up or size down for these jeans? I wear 32 for 514 and 30 for most other jeans, and i had to size up quite a bit for the skinny 511's.

Thanks

13. whodini

most of them just assume i don't take care of myself when they hear i wear the same jeans all the time and don't wash them for months

which is kinda right, but i mean their making an ass out of them and me

They probably also riddicule your spelling.

14. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

They probably also riddicule your spelling.

Irony Quoted

15. connor

connor Senior member

Irony Quoted

and noted. i'm trying to figure out what i misspelled besides using the wrong they're/their/there