I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. RCG Tiburon

RCG Tiburon Senior member

I would also try cheap mondays.. it's just outside your range but I'm sure you can scramble $10 to add to your dad's contribution..

It has nothing to do with the financial resources, everything to do with control. My family's what you might call "troubled". Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll look into it.

2. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

It has nothing to do with the financial resources, everything to do with control. My family's what you might call "troubled". Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll look into it.

I would second the Gap suggestion in that price range. Depending on where you live, a flagship store will almost certainly have their limited edition Selvage denim which is fairly easy to find on sale. The denim, fit and construction on the Gap skinny fit and standard fit selvage is head and shoulders above any cheap monday jean I have seen. Both have things like selvage coin pockets and hidden rear rivets that you will not find at this price point elsewhere.

3. alexwgoody

alexwgoody Senior member

what selvedge/raws are known for their low rise? My APC NC's really don't look great because the rise is too high for me. Any price point is fine.

4. TC1990

TC1990 Senior member

what selvedge/raws are known for their low rise? My APC NC's really don't look great because the rise is too high for me. Any price point is fine.

I'd say Somet 008. You can get them at Context and Blue in Green.

5. icedmocha

icedmocha Well-Known Member

What should I expect to pay for 1944's? Is UK sizing the same as US sizing? Thanks [​IMG]

6. fuji

fuji Senior member

Recently I have been wearing Levis 511s and I want to buy a pair that is a bit slimmer. I wear a 30x34 in them and I can't fit comfortably in a size 28. I want to get a pair slightly slimmer then the 511s in grey. Can anyone recommend a good brand that meets that criteria for around $100-$150? It doesn't really need to selvedge or raw or anything like that, but I would prefer it.

7. Mauro

Mauro Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    crate

8. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Recently I have been wearing Levis 511s and I want to buy a pair that is a bit slimmer. I wear a 30x34 in them and I can't fit comfortably in a size 28. I want to get a pair slightly slimmer then the 511s in grey. Can anyone recommend a good brand that meets that criteria for around $100-$150? It doesn't really need to selvedge or raw or anything like that, but I would prefer it.

Heh. Maybe I'll let you have my NDG narrow fits. I'm having some serious mooseknuckle issues.

9. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Anybody have these Ralph Lauren Riverside jeans?

[​IMG]

10. v3l

v3l Senior member

So I ended up exchanging those sz 28 APC NS for a sz 26 because I thought the 28s would be unwearable once they stretched. Just got the 26s in the mail today, and man, are they tight. Basically skin tight everywhere and I had to lay down to button them up all the way. I'm not looking for a skinny jean, so did I size down too much?

11. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

So I ended up exchanging those sz 28 APC NS for a sz 26 because I thought the 28s would be unwearable once they stretched. Just got the 26s in the mail today, and man, are they tight. Basically skin tight everywhere and I had to lay down to button them up all the way. I'm not looking for a skinny jean, so did I size down too much?
    So the 28's fit so you sized down two more??? What size pants do you normally wear? 26? The formula is simple: size down two from the size of pants you normally wear. If they fit loose at that point, buy a different pair of jeans.

12. kookydooky

kookydooky Senior member

What jeans you would reccomend me to go for next

I currently have APC New Cures (sz 26) and was thinking of trying New Standards once I am done with these.

What size should I get for the NS, or should I get sz 25

Should I go for APC again or should I try another brand with a simlar cut?

Whats another brand with a similar cut?

13. v3l

v3l Senior member

So the 28's fit so you sized down two more??? What size pants do you normally wear? 26? The formula is simple: size down two from the size of pants you normally wear. If they fit loose at that point, buy a different pair of jeans.
    Well the 28s fit in the waist like I wanted my jeans to fit post-stretch. I'm thinking I should just hold off on the raw denim until I get back to NYC and can try them on in person instead of having to order online..

14. pridecake

pridecake Senior member

if you're looking for a similar cut to APC, definitely try out dior. If you have the body for it, it's one of the best fitting jeans out there

15. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

What jeans you would reccomend me to go for next

I currently have APC New Cures (sz 26) and was thinking of trying New Standards once I am done with these.

What size should I get for the NS, or should I get sz 25

Should I go for APC again or should I try another brand with a simlar cut?

Whats another brand with a similar cut?

Have you considered a hamburger?