I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I want to get my 19cm Dior's altered to 17.5cm. Could a tailor do this?

2. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

3. theom-

theom- Senior member

^^^Yes. They will just taper the leg. You will lose the selvage edge though.

4. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

^^^Yes. They will just taper the leg. You will lose the selvage edge though.
    Most Diors aren't selvedge. And even if they are, tapering along the outseam will increase the width of the selvedge line as it approaches the hem, not remove it. Finally, you can taper along the inseam if you want the selvedge line to remain intact.

5. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Quick stitching question:

If take a seamripper and remove rear pocket stitching on a pair of well-used jeans (in this case a pair of thrifted Nudie low slim jims) will it leave a visible pattern on the denim? I'm guessing it will, so I may just live with the stitching. If possible, though, I'd prefer plain pockets.

6. 4saken

4saken Senior member

It won't be as noticeable as the stitching.

7. Steggy

Steggy Senior member

You should be able to tell whether or not they are raw based on feel; raw denim is usually much stiffer than "regular" washed denim. Your question about how honeycombs are formed suggests to me that they are not in fact raw, because if they were, the answer to that should be fairly obvious.

I just don't know how people like, make jeans have honeycombs. idk.

but yea, they're definitely raw based on the feel of them. They aare like a flippin 2 by 4.

8. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

I just don't know how people like, make jeans have honeycombs. idk.
    They wear them. You should try it sometime.

9. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

If take a seamripper and remove rear pocket stitching on a pair of well-used jeans (in this case a pair of thrifted Nudie low slim jims) will it leave a visible pattern on the denim? I'm guessing it will, so I may just live with the stitching. If possible, though, I'd prefer plain pockets.

If the jeans have faded a lot, removing the stitching may leave behind a "shadow" where it was, since the denim underneath wouldn't have faded as much. If they're close to new, all it'll leave behind is some small holes that'll close up with a wash.

10. theom-

theom- Senior member

yess. Under the stitching the color will be darker.

11. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Thanks.

They're not new, so I think they'll leave a shadow. It looks like it'll be subtle. I may try it.

12. theom-

theom- Senior member

Most Diors aren't selvedge. And even if they are, tapering along the outseam will increase the width of the selvedge line as it approaches the hem, not remove it. Finally, you can taper along the inseam if you want the selvedge line to remain intact.

Shit after i posted that i was wondering if diors were selvage. Who would pay $350 for non selvage denim?

13. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

I've never understood the appeal of Diors either. People keep saying it's the fit, but aren't 19cm and 21cm just carbon copies of APC NC and NS, respectively? The denim doesn't seem like anything special either. I guess it stretches less than APC denim, if that bothers you. They also come in longer inseams. That's about all I can think of.

14. grundletaint

grundletaint Senior member

15. theom-

theom- Senior member

I've never understood the appeal of Diors either. People keep saying it's the fit, but aren't 19cm and 21cm just carbon copies of APC NC and NS, respectively? The denim doesn't seem like anything special either. I guess it stretches less than APC denim, if that bothers you. They also come in longer inseams. That's about all I can think of.

Still heard it stretches a shit load.