I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. scb

scb Senior member

soaked my samurai's last night and put them in the dryer for 10 minutes to help get maximum shrink. now my dryer is all blue...fun...my girlfriend is already giving me grief about her clothes possibly turning blue...

2. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

3. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

Alterations question: What's the process for tapering a pair of pants? I have a pair of jeans I'm thinking of getting tapered, but they have a chainstitched hem, and I was wondering if the chainstitching would have to be undone in the process.

4. acw816

acw816 Senior member

just got these naked & famous indigo weird guys sz 28 i realize these may not be as fitted as theyre supposed to be. [​IMG] [​IMG] what do you guys think of the fit? i would size down but I dont think they make a 27

5. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

what do you guys think of the fit? i would size down but I dont think they make a 27

What about moving to the Slim Guy fit?

6. hnlax

hnlax Senior member

or the skinny guy.

though, with naked and famous, lots of the material used on one cut isn't the same at all on any of the others--maybe he really liked this one's particular color

7. whacked

whacked Senior member

I currently wear Rescues and RB11s. I'd like to get a pair that's a bit slimmer than these (not a whole lot though). If I get KMWs, which cut would be best? How many do I size down?

1950? Rocker? I wouldn't size down in either as they tend to stretch minimally.

KMW 1980, which fit right in between 1950 and Rocker, might be the answer.

By the way, it seems like whodini doesn't want to rep Crates in every other post, so I'd say it: Crate Routes. Great year-round jeans(much like R&B).

Alterations question: What's the process for tapering a pair of pants? I have a pair of jeans I'm thinking of getting tapered, but they have a chainstitched hem, and I was wondering if the chainstitching would have to be undone in the process.

My seamstress does the work on the inseam side of each leg (so should your alteration person, to keep the outseam selvedve intact), where she simply folded the unneeded material inward and sewed it to one side (imagine a dart at the inseam). Now, I'm not sure if that's the standard procedure for taking in pants from the side, or tailors usually take the legs apart at inseam side first. I suppose you can always give clear instruction to your preference.

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

They open up one side of the leg, pull in or cut the fabric, and then resew the denim. The entire hem does not need to be undone, just a small portion (which is what I think you're asking.)
    By the way, it seems like whodini doesn't want to rep Crates in every other post, so I'd say it: Crate Routes. Great year-round jeans(much like R&B).
    I'm wearing out my keyboard typing that brand in every post. I think it's finally caught on with enough people here that I can put down the mouthpiece for now.

9. 4saken

4saken Senior member

My search for a pair of nice grey jeans continues. I asked Mauro about a special order of rag&bone, but he told me there were none available.
    I can't find any stores which have grey rag & bone denim in stock, I guess they aren't made anymore. Anybody know where I can get a new pair of grey RB15? NdG made a few kinds of grey selvedge jeans but I can't find them in classic fit. I'm open to other brands too.

In the meantine, I'll just keep checking the FS section.

Need it to be shipped to Australia (through website, proxy, otherwise)

10. soundsgood

soundsgood Senior member

I've been wearing 505's for the past 10 years. I'm well built and want something of a similar fit, but I want to up my game with something nicer. Suggestions?

11. unicornwarrior

unicornwarrior Senior member

how do the kmw black rockers fit? I've read that they are slim from some and not all that tapered by others. what's the deal? If I wear a 30 in most jeans that stretches a bit, and a 31 in rag and bone washed jeans (RB11's) what would I go for in KMW rockers? I wanted them to be as fitted as possible in the calf and thigh

12. soundsgood

soundsgood Senior member

I've been wearing 505's for 10 years. They fit and look good. I'm looking to up my game though -- any suggestions for similar but nicer jeans? Was looking at the APC rescue.

13. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

Try posting in the 'I have a jean' sticky thread. Generally you'll get a response there. I'll try and help, though, by recommending the Kicking Mule Workshop 1980. They're remotely similar and, if SF experiences are anything to go by, an awesome quality jean. Also, Crate denim. These are both better quality than APC. May I direct you to Farinelli's, or more specifically 'Mauro' who is the owner and a user here. He'll be able to sort you out whatever your specifications.

14. soso

soso Well-Known Member

N&F Slim Guy. What size should i get? Is there also a chance to buy them anywhere in europe?
    I usually wear 31 (dior, apc, and other raw denim stuff).