I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask questions here.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

I've got a problem. I'm a pretty big dude (6'5" 250) and have always had a tough time finding jeans that fit correctly. My biggest problems are length (35" inseam) and the size of my thighs (growing up as an athlete has led to 27.5" thighs). I'd really like to get a pair or two of some decent denim, but can never tell what's giong to work for me. I normally wear a 38 and I would prefer something in a straight leg or bootcut. I see that most of the people here are a bit on the smallish side, but anyone with any help for me would be appreciated.

Yeah, a lot of the brands we like feature slimmish cuts and/or don't go beyond 36. Try Ande Whall Miners or Sailors; get a 38 sanforized. APC Rescues are a good bet; a size 36 actually measures 38 off the rack, and will stretch a ton. Those are all straight legs, but they will look slightly bootcut after wear because of how they bunch up behind your knees.

Edit: Also Flat Head 3005, from Self Edge.

2. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Can anyone recommend me a pair of jeans that fit exactly like these but without the low yoke? Seems like every jean I've looked at has these long/huge pocket placements below the ass which I think is stupid if you carry a wallet in the back pocket.

I was going to get these from farinelli's but I was too slow in deciding and someone took my size =[

Oh yea I'm a 30 true waist and 5"7

3. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Senior member

what is wrong with the pocket placement?

4. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

ass won't look right when you fit a wallet in it.

5. ADH

ADH Well-Known Member

Any suggestions on cold soaking a pair of New Standards?

6. dnk024

dnk024 Well-Known Member

i'm trying to decide between getting a pair of F380s or IH634S..which should i go with?

7. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

me too, I can't decide between these three: Atelier LaDurance Royston Black Selvage Somet Jeans - 018 Low Rise - Slim Fit Black Imperial Dukes - Black All around the same price point. I'm on the short side (5"7) so I don't think a slouchy fit will be good for me. Which one would adhere to my form the best like this guy's jeans, please take a look: http://www.mynudies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4177 I can't tell if he's sagging though cus it doesnt look like it from the side and back. I'd prefer to wear my jeans higher, on my natural waist

8. adversity04

adversity04 Senior member

December, I'd say the best thing you can do is to get a tape and measure yourself. After you have your measurements compare them to what they are for the various jeans you want and also go try on some jeans that are cut similar and get the measurements for those. Otherwise, just try and find a store near you that sells high end denim and get something you can try on [​IMG]

We can't really tell how they're going to fit you because we don't know your body type, 5'7 isn't much to go with.

9. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

i've already measured myself i'm between a 30 and 31
    oh my bad forgot to mention that.

10. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

i've already measured myself i'm between a 30 and 31
    oh my bad forgot to mention that.

Not 100% sure, but if you have a big ass and legs I'd say go for a 30. If you're on the skinny side then a 29 would work I think. They do stretch a bit, them nudies. The general consensus is to go down 1 so if you're edging towards 30 at all then you may as well get a 29

11. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

I'm not gettin nudies anymore because someone took my size at the sale at farinelli's.

I'm just trying to decide between one of these three:

Atelier LaDurance Royston Black Selvage

Somet Jeans - 018 Low Rise - Slim Fit Black

Imperial Dukes - Black

.. I can't decide between high or low rise, because I've always worn midrise so I'm unfamiliar with the other. But I know I want my jeans to sort of hug the crotch.

12. robertorex

robertorex Senior member

the rise on the dukes is pretty high, if you want a bit of ball hug then the low rise somets will give you that.

13. erics

erics New Member

Hey. I've been looking for a new jean. An upgrade from my shrink to fits. I've been looking at Acne jeans and the Mic or Max models are the one im planning to buy. The problem is i can't decide between them. My true waist is 33" and my thigh measures at 24.5". I'm not exactly on the skinny side, so I think the mic would be more flattering on me? Anyways, the question here is: Should i get the Mic or Max?

Thanks in advance.

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

If I wear a size 29 in dior mij 19 cms, what size would i get for uniqlo t-000 denimz?

apparently they run true-to-size so i was planning on getting the 31s, but i'm also gaining weight through weightlifting and find my diors getting tighter in the thighs and waist area, to the point where i can probably get away with a size 30 in those now.

should i get the 31s or 32s for the uniqlo t-000s?

thanks

15. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

Hey. I've been looking for a new jean. An upgrade from my shrink to fits. I've been looking at Acne jeans and the Mic or Max models are the one im planning to buy. The problem is i can't decide between them. My true waist is 33" and my thigh measures at 24.5". I'm not exactly on the skinny side, so I think the mic would be more flattering on me? Anyways, the question here is: Should i get the Mic or Max? Thanks in advance.
    Neither dude. Mediocre denim, zip flys (at least last time I checked), no bells/whistles. Get Crate over either of those, hands down; it'll cost you half as much and make you much happier. If you want to spend a little more ($200), look into Ande Whall. If you don't mind dropping $300, click the Self Edge or Context links above.